• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quest For Infamy - PLAYABLE DEMO now available!

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Dear all,

We’re excited to announce our very first commercial project. We’re going back to our roots and finally bringing you the game that bought this group together, Quest for Infamy. And we need your help!

The Fully Playable Demo is here -

http://www.infamous-quests.com/home/index.php?page=qfi

Right now, it’s only available for PC, but a Mac version should be coming soon!

We’re launcing a Kickstarter to raise funds and we are now LIVE!  Come on by, grab a copy of the demo - play it, enjoy it, and if you like it and want to see the game completed,  make a pledge!  We really appreciate all the support of the fans.  You guys are awesome.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992695780/quest-for-infamy-an-adventure-game-by-infamous-que

And don’t forget to follow on Facebook and Twitter. Check out new website below for more information on our commercial ventures.

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Please, any questions - don’t hesitate to ask me!!

Bt

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wow i remember reading about this forever ago (5 years? 10 years?)
Nice to see some new life!

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

zane - 06 June 2012 07:29 PM

Heh, yeah Zane!  This was an idea we first conceived back in 2003 - we let it lie for a while, until we were able to assemble up a talented enough team to do it!  It’s been really exciting to work on the idea again, having 9 years of experience to make it better!

Bt

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Good luck with the kickstarter!  Money Mouth  I am off to download and play the demo to decide how much to pitch in.

P.S. Shhh, nobody tell Paul Trowe!

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Wow, another King’s Quest/Quest for Glory-inspired game, along with Mage’s Initiation! Very cool. After A Tale of Two Kingdoms there was no serious attempt at this. Still I’d say that’s too much Kickstarting at one time. Too much…

But maybe now is a good time to ask. It’s just I have this loading problem with every game by Infamaous - including the demo of QfI. Every screen takes several seconds to load with all music and sounds freezing, making it almost impossible to play. I know it has something to do with AGS and Win7, but I can’t figure what. Is it an earlier AGS version?

Anyway, good luck!

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Hmm, I’m sorry Arial.  I’ll check with the technical guys and see what we can do.

What are your system specs, and how are you running the game?  In a window, fullscreen, HQ filter, 2x, 3x…. let me know, and I’ll try to resolve your issues!

Bt

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Blackthorne - 06 June 2012 08:29 PM

Hmm, I’m sorry Arial.  I’ll check with the technical guys and see what we can do.

What are your system specs, and how are you running the game?  In a window, fullscreen, HQ filter, 2x, 3x…. let me know, and I’ll try to resolve your issues!

I’m using a 64 bit laptop with Win 7 Home Premium, Pentium III Xeon and GeForce GT 240M. I’m running AGS games in a window, usually in a 640x480 (or higher) resolution. Probably not the best config for AGS engine, although most games run smoothly on it, only few of them have this problem. It will be a shame to miss this one.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yeah, I don’t know why, off the top of my less-tech savvy head, why it’s having problems for you.  I run under those similar conditions, and it’s fine.  I’ll get someone on this, I promise.

Bt

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

im currently running the game in windows 7 64 bit with no problems… however… i am stuck…

Iv got the silver teeth cut from the beast, and i notice the blacksmith with his forge… but there doesnt seem to be anything i can do, cant take the tongs when hes not looking, and if i try to use the teeth on the fire it just says i wouldnt want to. Im guessing id put the teeth in a container first, but i cant find any good candidates. Im wondering if maybe there was somthing only during the day i missed..

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

zane - 06 June 2012 09:14 PM

im currently running the game in windows 7 64 bit with no problems… however… i am stuck…

Iv got the silver teeth cut from the beast, and i notice the blacksmith with his forge… but there doesnt seem to be anything i can do, cant take the tongs when hes not looking, and if i try to use the teeth on the fire it just says i wouldnt want to. Im guessing id put the teeth in a container first, but i cant find any good candidates. Im wondering if maybe there was somthing only during the day i missed..

Yep. Definitely something you missed - look around the forest if you’re ‘stumped’.
Also, you can sneak around and find away to distract the Blacksmith.  He’s always wary of strange noises, or losing things he likes.

Bt

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Ahhhh:

It took me a while to figure out i had to switch to sneaking mode before interacting with the horse! Might want to add some sortv clue or tutorial that you need to switch movement modes.

I liked it a lot! Great classic atmosphere, solid voice acting, looks like lots of neat potential. Definitely want to see this succeed!! I also liked…
the drinking mini-game, that was pretty neatly implemented. Also, at the end it said i’d “chosen the path of brigand.” Is there more than one path in the demo? Or is that just a message for everybody??

EDIT: i just went back and discovered there are indeed multiple paths in the demo, cooool stuff.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

No old-school big box versions for the Kickstarter?

That’s a shame - would have pledged but I don’t really want a commemorative T-shirt.  Game looks good though.

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Blackthorne - 06 June 2012 09:03 PM

Yeah, I don’t know why, off the top of my less-tech savvy head, why it’s having problems for you.  I run under those similar conditions, and it’s fine.  I’ll get someone on this, I promise.

Thank you! Looks like it’s not Win7 then. I changed Graphics driver in Setup from DirectDraw to Direct3D, and that seems to fasten up the game. I don’t even know why it influence the speed.

Anyway, I’m really enjoying the demo. Looks like a more mature, less “noble” version of QfG 1/4, and I know a lot of people will like it. Also the narration is well made, both the voice, the writing and the size of the text, which is rare.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

OneFlesh - 07 June 2012 05:16 AM

No old-school big box versions for the Kickstarter?

That’s a shame - would have pledged but I don’t really want a commemorative T-shirt.  Game looks good though.

Yeah, - I’d love to have an old-school big box, too!

But with the budget we’re shooting for, $25,000, we really can’t afford to pay for the boxes to be made and shipped.  I found a place that will do them, and we have a design - but it will cost several thousand dollars to have them made, printed and shipped.  I said to myself that if we reach funding and go for stretch goals, one of them would be to get boxes printed.  So keep checking in with us - ‘cause honestly, it’s something I would love to have on my shelf too!

Bt

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

zane - 06 June 2012 07:29 PM

Haha, I came here to post exactly that!
I was just thinking about this game the other day, funnily enough.
Might check this.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Arial Type - 06 June 2012 08:28 PM

But maybe now is a good time to ask. It’s just I have this loading problem with every game by Infamaous - including the demo of QfI. Every screen takes several seconds to load with all music and sounds freezing, making it almost impossible to play. I know it has something to do with AGS and Win7, but I can’t figure what. Is it an earlier AGS version?

I have the exact same problem for all AGS games I play using my system (Acer laptop with Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit SP1. Intel core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz, 12.0 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6850M). I even posted at the AGS forum, and as far as i know, there is no solution. The games are still playable and enjoyable though Smile

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top