• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Secrets of Jesus

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m having a go, enjoying it (whilst scrutinising very carefully -  I’m not particularly religious myself but I object to any irreverence re any religion) but otherwise the game is quite hard - you have to do the crazy things in the right order?    Laughing

Total Posts: 110

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

chrissie - 13 January 2020 03:44 PM

I’m having a go, enjoying it (whilst scrutinising very carefully -  I’m not particularly religious myself but I object to any irreverence re any religion) but otherwise the game is quite hard - you have to do the crazy things in the right order?    Laughing

Cool, I’m glad to know that Laughing
Yeah, some people told me as well some a few puzzles are quite hard but not all puzzles Smile But you can do it Laughing  There is a walkthrough on Steam under Guides and many on Youtube in case you despair Laughing  Or you can ask me here.

Yes, the crazy things in the right order. You have to start with Rahab. There are a few difficult puzzles for Rahab and then it becomes much easier and all puzzles are logical. I hope you defeated the hares Laughing Please talk to people regularly and visit places. some new options and objects appear after you’ve done something.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Amir - 14 January 2020 03:33 AM

Yeah, some people told me as well some a few puzzles are quite hard but not all puzzles Smile But you can do it Laughing  There is a walkthrough on Steam under Guides and many on Youtube in case you despair Laughing  Or you can ask me here.

Yes, the crazy things in the right order. You have to start with Rahab. There are a few difficult puzzles for Rahab and then it becomes much easier and all puzzles are logical. I hope you defeated the hares Laughing Please talk to people regularly and visit places. some new options and objects appear after you’ve done something.

Yes, I had to peak at the walkthrough to start with to deal with the hares just to get me going but my main thought really is that there are quite a few locations so the inclusion of a map would have been nice -  not an interactive one just a layout of the locations…or is there one & I’ve missed it?  Gasp
Smile

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

chrissie - 14 January 2020 12:01 PM
Amir - 14 January 2020 03:33 AM

Yes, I had to peak at the walkthrough to start with to deal with the hares just to get me going but my main thought really is that there are quite a few locations so the inclusion of a map would have been nice -  not an interactive one just a layout of the locations…or is there one & I’ve missed it?  Gasp
Smile

I hope you dont miss some locations. No, there is no map. I think a map is not worth it, you have the 2 houses (village and town) under the nest as a small map, then you walk short distances. Please dont forget to press the spacebar, you will not miss locations, hotsopts and objects if u press it in every room.  Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Amir - 14 January 2020 01:11 PM

No, there is no map. I think a map is not worth it,

I’ve got around again to playing for a few hours & getting nowhere except I did manage to get ladders & a loaf of bread
I don’t know who you think you are to tell me a map’s not worth it (oh yeah just the developer Laughing ) - I THINK A MAP WOULD BE VERY WORTH IT SO PLEASE CAN I HAVE ONE PLEASE!!!!!  Laughing
Oh never mind - I’ll just draw my own because I want one.  Gasp

Seriously a map would be great!  Smile

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

chrissie - 01 February 2020 02:14 PM
Amir - 14 January 2020 01:11 PM

No, there is no map. I think a map is not worth it,

I’ve got around again to playing for a few hours & getting nowhere except I did manage to get ladders & a loaf of bread
I don’t know who you think you are to tell me a map’s not worth it (oh yeah just the developer Laughing ) - I THINK A MAP WOULD BE VERY WORTH IT SO PLEASE CAN I HAVE ONE PLEASE!!!!!  Laughing
Oh never mind - I’ll just draw my own because I want one.  Gasp

Seriously a map would be great!  Smile

Grin
Ok if other people ask for a map, I will create an update for a map Smile

I did manage to get ladders & a loaf of bread

Cool, now go to Rahab and try to do something there Smile
loaf of bread is good. Please dont eat it Laughing Try to get honey. Im sure you have the item for it, then try to combine. Laughing

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now finished your game Amir so here are my thoughts.
On the religious front I personally didn’t find any irreverence if you have a sense of humour & have read Von Daniken’s book “ Chariots of the Gods” & Dan Brown’s “The Da Vinci Code”. The game just to warn you if you are sensitive about religious content does allude to aliens (mildly) but perhaps a little more to a relationship with Mary Magdalene but neither in a very serious light.

If you’ve got over that there’s a lot to like - I loved the characters & the humour but hey - waaay too much dialogue but I did learn a lot I missed at school (about Bible stories). Okay there was a lot of other interesting info too if you’re interested!
As basic as the art work is it’s crisp, not pixellated - Hallejuhah!!!  & very pleasing!!!  Thumbs Up

The progress of the game does for the most part rely on conversation (non-voiced) & inventory manipulation.  For me that’s where it all fell down as nothing seemed to progress in an intuitive way & some of the use of inventory just didn’t make sense. I like a challenge but it really is infuriating to play a game where you have to look at hints every five minutes to progress & you don’t know why you have to do that.

Sorry Amir, it really is a nice game, I had a lot of fun but it just needed a little more structure etc to make it flow better for me.     
Smile

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

chrissie - 02 February 2020 12:14 PM

On the religious front I personally didn’t find any irreverence if you have a sense of humour & have read Von Daniken’s book “ Chariots of the Gods” & Dan Brown’s “The Da Vinci Code”. The game just to warn you if you are sensitive about religious content does allude to aliens (mildly) but perhaps a little more to a relationship with Mary Magdalene but neither in a very serious light.

If you’ve got over that there’s a lot to like - I loved the characters & the humour but hey - waaay too much dialogue but I did learn a lot I missed at school (about Bible stories). Okay there was a lot of other interesting info too if you’re interested!
As basic as the art work is it’s crisp, not pixellated - Hallejuhah!!!  & very pleasing!!!  Thumbs Up

The progress of the game does for the most part rely on conversation (non-voiced) & inventory manipulation.  For me that’s where it all fell down as nothing seemed to progress in an intuitive way & some of the use of inventory just didn’t make sense. I like a challenge but it really is infuriating to play a game where you have to look at hints every five minutes to progress & you don’t know why you have to do that.

Sorry Amir, it really is a nice game, I had a lot of fun but it just needed a little more structure etc to make it flow better for me.     
Smile

Thank u so much for this nice and lovely review. Please turn a blind eye to some things, it’s my first game Laughing
U said “some of the use of inventory just didn’t make sense” like what?  Confused I tried my best to make the puzzles logical Meh All solutions to the puzzles you could do in real life.

Thank u for playing, Im happy that u like it Heart

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Amir - 02 February 2020 02:15 PM

Please turn a blind eye to some things, it’s my first game Laughing
U said “some of the use of inventory just didn’t make sense” like what?  Confused I tried my best to make the puzzles logical Meh All solutions to the puzzles you could do in real life.

Thank u for playing, Im happy that u like it Heart

Wow! It’s quite impressive that this was your first game - it was so likeable - but oh so difficult! I’ve got other things to deal with for a while but I will get back to you about puzzles & flow from my point of view as a player - meanwhile you shouldn’t give up making games!  Smile

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oh Amir, I’m a little disappointed that your game reviewed so badly here - I can’t disagree with a lot of the criticism but personally I didn’t think the graphics were a problem.
The reviewer clearly didn’t have any love for the game - I’m not sure that’s necessary to present a fair appraisal but can help to promote it better i.e. I personally would have given the game an extra star + half just for the humour within the ‘verbal diarrhoea’ (yes, there was too much dialogue!), for your seemingly exceptional knowledge of the Bible? (really?) & especially for the pleasant ambience I felt whilst playing Laughing

I hope that you’re not put off & will use the criticism positively to make better games as you do seem to possess the core skills to do so. 

Well here’s what I posted earlier:

chrissie - 02 February 2020 12:14 PM

Smile

But non-the-less 2 & 1/2 stars from me!  Laughing

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

It’s a harsh review for sure. I have not played the game so I can’t tell if it’s justified, but I don’t get this part:

I think it’s fair to say that if you’re a person of devout Christian faith, it’s entirely possible you’re going to find even the premise that he didn’t die at his crucifixion offensive

I mean.. he didn’t die at his crucifixion, so why would Christians be offended? Confused

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m not sure that a person of devout Christian faith would even go near the game?

Joined 2019-01-17

PM

Such a big review for just one star?  Grin Its ok, thank you Chrissi. that’s olny Shawn Mills opinion. On other websites there are many very positive reviews for Jesus Smile 

I would like to comment on a few things in this terrible review. Becoz as I said, its just one person’s opinion.

Unfortunately Shawn thinks there are errors in the game like the case of John, he said there are 2 Johns, one of them was an apostle and the other was the cousin of Jesus.

I think or I’m sure that Shawn misunderstood my whole game. Yes, in the game there is one John, the same person, John the apostle is the cousin of Jesus because some people think or believe that and some of these people are priests. Nothing is clear in the Bible. A lot of information is missing, there are many different Bibles, so there is doubts and different views.

I tried to show that in The Secrets of Jesus I mean doubts and different views. There are lots of things in the game like the case of John. So, believe me there are no mistakes at all Wink I also showed new things that are not in the Bible: Jesus didn’t die. Jesus loves a woman. Judas is not the traitor. John is an evil person. They are not basic errors Smile

Access to adjacent screens lacks continuity: Nobody had problems with it Neutral I didn’t want to make that many arrows in the game.

Illogical puzzle solutions with no in-game reasoning: I don’t understand where there are no logical puzzles. All puzzles are very logical and you can do them in real life, except for the fart maybe Grin

Conversations are information dumps and none of your choices seem to matter: Yes, because there are lots of jokes and the story becomes clearer.

Graphics are plain: I love that when the Graphics are plain, Thats why I made my game that way Smile
and the soundtrack quickly becomes repetitive: Hmmmm that is in every adventure game Neutral Each room has a soundtrack that repeats itself whenever you enter Neutral Ive been playing adventure games for 20 years Laughing

Well thank you Shawn Heart  even though you destroyed my game with this review Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top