• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Cave

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Zifnab - 26 January 2013 01:05 AM

Could someone explain to me how there can be more than one ending? It was a fairly linear experience for me and I don’t recall being given any choices.

Read this post.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

Interplay - 25 January 2013 09:38 PM
Hamham Chan - 25 January 2013 06:01 PM

Is there a demo version for the pc?
I would like to try before I buy.

I may have misspoke.  I don’t believe there actually is a demo of the PC version.

Ok, I guess I have to buy the whole game then.
First I gotta get a Steam account. Smile

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

fov - 26 January 2013 01:24 PM

Could someone explain to me how there can be more than one ending? It was a fairly linear experience for me and I don’t recall being given any choices.

Read this post.

Ok, thanks. One more question: Is the good ending just the same as the bad with a different voiceover? I replayed it already and don’t really want to again unless there’s a large different.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-01-18

PM

Zifnab - 26 January 2013 04:35 PM

Read this post.

Ok, thanks. One more question: Is the good ending just the same as the bad with a different voiceover? I replayed it already and don’t really want to again unless there’s a large different.

Different voice over and different images.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Zifnab - 26 January 2013 04:35 PM

Read this post.

Different final two cave paintings.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its clear now that fov is to review the Cave ,so i wish the review would target the AGers not Mr.Ron ((unmatched)) achievement!

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-01-18

PM

Well think the game was pretty good and game worth has really dropped if 5+ hours gameplay isn’t €15 worth.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Hamham Chan - 26 January 2013 03:55 PM
Interplay - 25 January 2013 09:38 PM
Hamham Chan - 25 January 2013 06:01 PM

Is there a demo version for the pc?
I would like to try before I buy.

I may have misspoke.  I don’t believe there actually is a demo of the PC version.

Ok, I guess I have to buy the whole game then.
First I gotta get a Steam account. Smile

Uh, oh.  Famous last words.  Prepare to amass a large catalogue of games that you don’t have time to play since you bought them all for ridiculously low sale prices.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Just finished my first run through of the game with the twins, the hillbilly and the adventurer and I’m satisfied with the experience. I like the concept of various deeply hidden secrets of our characters being unveiled as they descend further down into a cave and how the imagery of their stories is integrated into the cave. There is some great art design here, particularly with the twin’s stage.

I was also happy with the variety of puzzles that have very sound logic as well as some misdirection with the random items that appear. What exactly was the point of picking up the postcard off the postcard rack?

I think I’ll give it some time before I jump in again - but next time I will be playing as the monk, the knight and the time traveler.

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

thejobloshow - 26 January 2013 10:44 PM

I was also happy with the variety of puzzles that have very sound logic as well as some misdirection with the random items that appear. What exactly was the point of picking up the postcard off the postcard rack?

Achievement spoilers, might possibly be exclusive to the PS3(?): There’s an achievement for stealing the card and taking it through the cave tour door, and another achievement for returning it after your cave trip. Which meant I got a reward for annoying my bf with dragging it along the whole way.. ^^

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Finished my first playthrough of this fun little platform adventure.

I loved the art style, the humour and the puzzles. It’s platforming-lite as there is no penalties for dying and very little actual platforming in the classic sense. It just feels more like an adventure game where you directly control your characters instead of using the mouse (I played the PS3 version).

I played as the Time Traveller, the creepy twins and the Knight and had the most fun withe twins level, the time traveller had the best puzzles and the knight area was ok with a darkly humourous ending.

Well worth the £10 asking price and certainly has more adventure game parts than most people will think (logical puzzles, small inventory and exploration). It’s not a game you would play for the platforming.

I wish that he had either stuck to six or made it nine characters. With seven you have to play the game at least three times to use every character, but on one playthrough you will have to use two previous characters.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Panthera - 26 January 2013 11:40 PM
thejobloshow - 26 January 2013 10:44 PM

Achievement spoilers, might possibly be exclusive to the PS3(?): There’s an achievement for stealing the card and taking it through the cave tour door, and another achievement for returning it after your cave trip. Which meant I got a reward for annoying my bf with dragging it along the whole way.. ^^

I got that one.

There are some hilarious trophies/achievements in the game

Get all 3 characters blown up at the same time by the miner
Jump on the bed a few times in the twins level
make all three characters smell like a dinosaur.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Postcard:
Urgh, so I caried that stupid postcard through the game, but didn’t seem to get anything. I guess you have to do something with it at the end other than carry it outside? Frown

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 27 January 2013 11:39 AM

Postcard:
Urgh, so I caried that stupid postcard through the game, but didn’t seem to get anything. I guess you have to do something with it at the end other than carry it outside? Frown

Put it back on the rack

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finish my playthrough yesterday (time traveller, monk, twins) and was a bit disappointed by it. Besides the already discussed backtracking (a Follow Me or instant teleport would be welcome) I think the the fact that you could choose from any 7 characters ended up hurting the puzzle design. For example in Lost Vikings the abilities of each character would be used   in sinergy for a number of puzzles but in here you could never use all the abilities in the same area so the puzzles were a bit limited.
I think I would have preferred a longer game with puzzles that really played to the strenght of all characters, that might have made the puzzles more interesting.

Still, it was worth it for the story and characters but I hope the Double Fine Adventure is more ambitious.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top