• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Cave

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Oscar - 25 January 2013 05:50 PM

... I don’t know if it’s worth $15 given the length ...

So, how long is it?

(Sorry, I don’t usually ask this particular question right away but I don’t think it doesn’t matter…)

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Fun little game, if overhyped. I don’t know if it’s worth $15 given the length but I like puzzle platformers so I enjoyed it. I expected more adventure elements but I don’t regret buying it even though it feels more casual than I’m used to.

How many hours did it take you to finish this puzzle platformer?

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Someone on my Steam friends list posted that they finished it and that it took about 4 hours. Steam keeps track of time and says they played it for 4.7 hours, but that would also include time in menus, idling, and anything they did after finishing.

I’m downloading the game now and look forward to going through it this weekend.

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

I’m sorry, could someone please remind me if this one was a kickstarter project and how much they collected if it was?

If it wasn’t a kickstarter project please disregard my question y’all but I find it hard to distinguish between all the latest games…

Especially the ones with well known names (from the “golden era”) attached to them: They usually are kickstarters.

(Anyone see the irony here?)

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

ADan - 25 January 2013 06:50 PM

I’m sorry, could someone please remind me if this one was a kickstarter project and how much they collected if it was?

If it wasn’t a kickstarter project please disregard my question y’all but I find it hard to distinguish between all the latest games…

Especially the ones with well known names (from the “golden era”) attached to them: They usually are kickstarters.

(Anyone see the irony here?)

Not a kickstarter. Its announcement timing was near doublefines kickstarter.
Im leaning towards waiting till this games on sale.. since i dont have a lot of time to play it anyway.

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Thank you, Zane, that was fast.

EDIT:

But it would seem that you don’t need much time to play anyway…

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

We (me and my bf) just finished a playthrough on the PS3. - Scientist, Time traveler, the twins and a postcard. Wink
Thought the game was interesting, we got stuck forever on the time traveler not figuring out how to get the bucket. Tried holding the rock but it didn’t work, so I assumed it wasn’t the right idea.
Loved the twin level,  even though I didn’t play most of it. We ended up doing the good ending, and thought it was a satisfying end, but we were talking about how having more dynamic story scenes would have made it more involving. Like a Comic strip-like cut scene.

Had some trouble with the game lagging and jumping on the activity-heavy levels,  especially the time traveler and deserted island. Playing 2 greatly reduced back-tracking and character changing, but the camera only following one character made for a lot of unnecessary deaths and long periods of one just watching the other run around.

Overall we enjoyed it and will probably play through again with 3 other characters, but I wish the non-character-specific levels changed for each playthrough for more interesting replayability.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Hamham Chan - 25 January 2013 06:01 PM

Is there a demo version for the pc?
I would like to try before I buy.

I may have misspoke.  I don’t believe there actually is a demo of the PC version.

Well, I just finished my first playthrough and I really enjoyed the game.  And, I might be one of the only ones, but I thought the ending was fantastic.  I played through as time traveler, scientist, and adventurer.  I enjoyed the puzzles in the time traveler section the most, though this section also had the most tedious backtracking.  In the scientist area, I was stuck trying to figure out the code for the knockout gas door.  Then I realized the time traveler could just teleport through the door.  This felt like cheating to me, though, so I refused to leave the area until I figured out the code.  I was pretty proud of myself for that one. 

I think I’ll wait a couple of weeks before I start a second playthrough so the repeat areas won’t be so tedious, but I am really looking forward to it.

I don’t want to sound like a DF fanboy, but above all this game had style and a unique perspective, and I really appreciated that.

Edit: BTW, my first playthrough was less than 4 hours, for what it’s worth.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Fien - 25 January 2013 06:19 PM

Fun little game, if overhyped. I don’t know if it’s worth $15 given the length but I like puzzle platformers so I enjoyed it. I expected more adventure elements but I don’t regret buying it even though it feels more casual than I’m used to.

How many hours did it take you to finish this puzzle platformer?

Maybe 4-5h.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

My first playthrough was 7h 15mins (I timed it). A good hour (maybe 90mins) of that was spent stuck on the time traveler level (on the same thing Panthera mentioned).

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

First play through: 4.8 hours.
Second play though (with 3 new characters): 2.8 hours

I’m probably going to hold off on the third until there’s some DLC or it’s not so fresh in my mind since most of it’ll be the same. I did everyone except the Knight, because The Knight will be the fastest one to go in and play if I just want to finish his stage and not sweat the achievements.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Could someone explain to me how there can be more than one ending? It was a fairly linear experience for me and I don’t recall being given any choices.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

It absolutely is worth $15, given the replayability of it. There really are some fun levels your missing out on if you don’t replay. My favourites are the twins, the hillbilly and the time traveller…but even if you picked ALL those in your first playthrough, there’s fun to be had in the others.

As for the “same” sections? I don’t think it’s as bad as some say. Or at least, I think the new sections make up for what you do have to repeat. At least on the second playthrough…maybe less so for the third go around.

And it felt PLENTY adventure gamey to me, albeit some sections more so than others.

Excellent value in my opinion.

But each their own…

Total Posts: 1086

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Seems like redesign of Trine minus action elements,but lack excitement of Trine’s open ended physics puzzles and enviromental challange.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

About three hours into the game with the Hillbilly, Adventurer and Time Traveler. While the game isn’t fantastic - the traversal is really tiresome - it’s still pretty good. The whole atmosphere and design is just great.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top