• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zane - 09 May 2014 06:03 PM

I’m finally playing through this. I really love the atmopshere and direction of the story… but wow is the dialogue editing awful! I loathe talking to characters like the church mouse or the wood dwarf. I dont know if its the translation or what.. but wow.

Maybe the translation! ,but there is something bout this game, the voice acting is over the top ,even the German version wasn’t close .

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Advie - 10 May 2014 08:42 AM

Maybe the translation! ,but there is something bout this game, the voice acting is over the top ,even the German version wasn’t close .

i think im mostly ok with the voice acting.. i like jerry’s voice, and the marquis.. and just about everybody iv heard, even if it is a little over the top sometimes.. but whats driving me crazy is the awkward pauses for repeated sounds, like “junior?? junior??” with churchmouse. Its also like they thought they could save money by recycling whole lines multiple times in the same conversation and thinking the player wouldnt notice. Iv had to take breaks after talking to some characters. I still love the music, atmosphere, and the concept of the treewalkers.. so im going to try to force myself to finish this.

EDIT: ok now i’ve finished. I really think conceptually, and in terms of story, this is daedalic’s best adventure to date. I really wish the gog version came with the soundtrack, because the music was quite special. Its a really epic and satisfying game. Unfortunately many of its puzzles are in desperate need of polishing. One of many examples: when creating the net trap to get a seed, i try to place the spiderweb on the branch and it tells me theres nothing to stick it onto. So naturally i take my mug of beet syrup and click it onto the trap…. and it gives the generic “you cant do that” message. So i assume that it wants me to get something else… when in reality it should have said “you need somthing to apply this syrup” (the brush). The game does things like this many times.. and if the puzzles had better polish and clarity, i think this would undoubtedly have been my favorite daedalic adventure.

Another thing that was really regrettable about the puzzle system, is what they came up with for “hints”. I mean really, this is the ideal kind of game that couldv made use of hints… where theres tons of little things going on and its easy to lose focus. For example: in the beginning when youre making party preparations, there comes a point where you need to help build that boat and go down the river. As the player, you dont know if focusing on the boat is a part of a different arc you cant complete yet, or if it is in fact part of the party planning arc youre on now. This would have been the perfect space for the hint system to gently point you in the right direction of the boat puzzle being relevant now, instead all it ever does is restate your general goal in the most broad ways possible. “you need to get the juice and send out the party invitations” I wouldnt even call them hints.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top