• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-10-23

PM

Trailer:

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

+ Great voice acting and sound
+ Nice scenery, lots of locations
+ Plenty of interesting looking characters

- Uneven graphics and animation quality
- “Deponia style” characters do not go well with the backgrounds - something more in the line of “The Whispered World” would be more appropriate

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Voice acting sounded good to you? Well if you say so, I’m not a native speaker…
Animation quality was a bit uneven at times, but it’s still the best we’ve seen from Daedalic so far, the studio reaches new heights here in this regard, it looks absolutely wonderful at moments. Looking forward to it! Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s up for pre-order on gog.com for $19.99, will unlock on May 29

Interesting stuff is Mac version day one.

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Developer’s Diary Part 1

There’re some pieces of English version gameplay to be seen. Jerry’s voice (skip to 5:55) will need some getting used to, as it sounds too young to me.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The actor didnt sound too bad though, so I think it’ll work, but I wish they’d made the effort to put subtitles on the docu Confused

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

It’s out now!

I just downloaded and installed my copy from GOG, but it’s on Steam as well. Don’t know about other storefronts.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Weird that it’s cheaper on Steam (9.99€/12.99€) versus Gog.com (19.99$)

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 28 May 2013 07:07 PM

that is weird. The US steam also has it for 19.99.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 28 May 2013 07:18 PM
wilco - 28 May 2013 07:07 PM

that is weird. The US steam also has it for 19.99.

Europe getting a better price on Steam? That is very weird and new! (Maybe it’s a price mistake and they’ll correct it)

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

Here in the Netherlands it’s 20 (normal edition) or 25 (premium edition). GOG was actually cheaper, as the euro is still stronger compared to the dollar. But even if GOG had been somewhat more expensive, I would still have bought it there, as I prefer their approach to digital distribution.

As for the game, I played for a bit after making that earlier post and quite enjoyed it. I had to fiddle around with the sound settings as the voices were mostly too soft compared to everything else. The music is nice and the game is a looker as was already apparent from the screenshots. No opinion yet on gameplay and story as I haven’t progressed far. I quit almost immediately after reaching the other world. I couldn’t muster the concentration needed to play an adventure (my eyes got heavy while playing) so I decided to postpone a serious playthrough until tomorrow, which is my day off. Looking forward to it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Primate Ryan - 28 May 2013 07:40 PM

Here in the Netherlands it’s 20 (normal edition) or 25 (premium edition). GOG was actually cheaper, as the euro is still stronger compared to the dollar. But even if GOG had been somewhat more expensive, I would still have bought it there, as I prefer their approach to digital distribution.

Ok, now I really don’t understand what’s going on, I don’t think I ever seen differences between Euro countries… Maybe they know my country (Portugal) is completely broke Neutral

But i agree with you, I prefer gog for digital downloads

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I too prefer GoG over steam. Gotta sleep now, but I’m getting this game as soon as I come home tomorrow! I’ve been counting the days for this release Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Looks wonderful and I will definitely be buying it at some point. Besides Chaos of Deponia (just couldn’t get into the part where you have three concurrent plot lines, too confusing and overwhelming for me), I have loved every Daedalic game so far and this one looks great too. Smile

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Polygon’s short but sweet review is encouraging, giving the game 8/10, but John Walker’s review paints a much different (and more in-depth) picture.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top