• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1299

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

First of all, some people join a CPT after voting closes even if he/she didn’t vote, so the number of votes is not that important.

Second, I don’t know the rules about being banned, but I am not sure they should apply for a voting made before the banning.

And third, thanks Karlok, now Still Life is on the lead again.

P.S Seriously, I think we have a problem with this thread with such a few votes. Or maybe it is another symptom of the general decay of forums everywhere…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

First of all, some people join a CPT after voting closes even if he/she didn’t vote, so the number of votes is not that important.

Second, I don’t know the rules about being banned, but I am not sure they should apply for a voting made before the banning.

And third, thanks Karlok, now Still Life is on the lead again.

P.S Seriously, I think we have a problem with this thread with such a few votes. Or maybe it is another symptom of the general decay of forums everywhere…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 4289

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

This thread was always interesting, but the latest development tops it all.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 1805

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

walas74 - 16 August 2022 12:17 AM

One of the major problems, as I see it, is the propensity to kick off another round of voting immediately a CPT ends. Boredom, apathy, kicks in because you know that another go is just round the corner and, anyway, people tend to have a thing called life to deal with and they can always look in again and the same games are being proposed so they can vote for when they have some time to play.

Personally I’d say that there should be a break of 2/3/4 weeks from ending a CPT to starting up voting again. That might energise more to partake. Might not of course Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Jabod - 16 August 2022 04:53 AM
walas74 - 16 August 2022 12:17 AM

One of the major problems, as I see it, is the propensity to kick off another round of voting immediately a CPT ends. Boredom, apathy, kicks in because you know that another go is just round the corner and, anyway, people tend to have a thing called life to deal with and they can always look in again and the same games are being proposed so they can vote for when they have some time to play.

Personally I’d say that there should be a break of 2/3/4 weeks from ending a CPT to starting up voting again. That might energise more to partake. Might not of course Smile

I had thought about that. It makes sense.
Any level of excitement and enthusiasm is lost when it’s too recurrent.

In the last CPT we hadn’t even finished talking, discussing the game in question and already in this thread it was being encouraged to vote again, which I eventually did although I later withdrew my vote because I won’t be around.

“I don’t want you to call me so often, let me miss you”.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 4289

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Jabod - 16 August 2022 04:53 AM

One of the major problems, as I see it, is the propensity to kick off another round of voting immediately a CPT ends.

Nail on the head.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 529

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

A cooling off period would be a good idea. Though,I wouldn’t participate in a playthrough with less than 4 or 5.

The debate about advie has nothing to do with fairness or justice even advie himself, and everything to do with some people wanting Still Life to win. I imagine that could be a turn off for some.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 7478

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

A cooling off period! Just what we need: another rule. Don’t we have enough boring CP rules already? No? Then lets take a VOTE! For the sake of the COMMUNITY.

Two or maybe even three people, wow, want to play Still Life together. So go ahead and do it. It’s been done many times before: Start a new thread and play.

Charophycean - 16 August 2022 08:51 AM

The debate about advie has nothing to do with fairness or justice even advie himself, and everything to do with some people wanting Still Life to win. I imagine that could be a turn off for some.

Exactly.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Karlok - 16 August 2022 10:03 AM

Two or maybe even three people, wow, want to play Still Life together. So go ahead and do it. It’s been done many times before: Start a new thread and play.

I guess the same goes for the rest of the games in this voting.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

walas74 - 16 August 2022 01:51 PM
Karlok - 16 August 2022 10:03 AM

I guess the same goes for the rest of the games in this voting.

Of course. Not enough people interested to justify a round of voting. Not the best time of the year for a CP. And you’ve been around long enough to know how I feel about spontaneous CPs.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Yeah, maybe August is not the best month for this.

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

As acrimonious as this has become, perhaps this vote should be cancelled. I find no joy in playing a CPT that wins under these circumstances.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Yeah, maybe we should reset, charge batteries and come back in September.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 16 August 2022 10:19 PM

As acrimonious as this has become, perhaps this vote should be cancelled. I find no joy in playing a CPT that wins under these circumstances.

Why don’t you look at your own posts for once. Just this one time. You always want “your” game to win, no matter what.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I would personally participate for the next playthrough. For me it doesnt really matter the game as i like the experience to play an adventure with other people. Some games i like some i dont. It doesnt really matter because cpt usually go pretty slow for my pace, so i dont mind playing an hour or two per week.

Anyway i think if people are tired - bored - have no time, can always skip a playthrough and participate at the next one. Its not like you have to play every game. To conclude i wouldnt like the idea to wait 3 weeks before next playthrough. Smile

I vote for still life.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top