• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #73 will end on Sunday July 10.

Amerzone (3) - Vegetable Party, Rtrooney, DCast
Procession to Calvary (3) - Vegetable Party, DCast, Charophycean
Still Life - (3) - Walas74, Rtrooney, DCast

The Longest Journey (2) - Vegetable Party, DCast

Born Punk (1) - Chrissie
Chronomaster (1) - Charophycean
Culpa Innata (1) - DCast
Syberia: The World Before (1) - Rtrooney
Time Gentlemen, Please (1) - Charophycean

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Vegetable Party - 03 July 2022 05:11 AM

@Dcast: I tried to get Culpa Innata running on my system, but it’s been crash city all the way.

I’d join that CPT if I knew how to get the game up and running.

Interesting. I own a copy on Steam. I have just installed it and played for the first 5 minutes - it runs fine, no hiccups. Where do you own a game?

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I have it on steam - running it on a win10 laptop. I got an old pc as a gift from a cousin a while ago - I could give it a spin on that machine and see if it changes my luck.

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Charophycean - 02 July 2022 09:59 PM

It wouldn’t help in solving puzzles but you don’t think knowing who Oscar is and who Kate is would help him enjoy the game more and have some emotional connection with the characters?

I’m not sure of that. The Kate and Oscar in The World Before are the Kate and Oscar last seen in S3. I hope you aren’t suggesting that someone needs to play S3 in order to play S4. If anything, playing S4 might cause someone to go back and play the first two games. I think playing games one and two after playing game four represents a perfectly logical sequence.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 529

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

I don’t have an opinion about playing S3. But in S4 there are a lot of references to why Kate is there in the first place, questions about her returning home. I imagine I’d be more inclined to say “who gives a damn?” to those questions had I not at least played S1. The ending might have left me cold rather than the touching conclusion to a lengthy epic I found it to be. But who knows? I’m just speculating.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Syberia 4 includes an option in the menu for a recap of the previous games.  Smile

Total Posts: 529

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Fair point chrissie. I did make use of that feature, though having played Syberia 1 close to 20 years ago I was still confused about a lot of events from the prior games. Which I suppose means Syberia 4 could easily be played with or without playing the others.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

FWIW, Amerzone is on sale at Steam for $.54.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 05 July 2022 09:11 PM

FWIW, Amerzone is on sale at Steam for $.54.

It’s also available on Big Fish Games presented in 3 parts but for each part individually it’s far more than $.54!  Laughing

I swapped my BF membership for Netflix but have 11 credits to use up so will use 3 for Amerzone!

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

that’s a sweet deal.

I haven’t gotten Culpa Innata to run yet. Just from the premise alone I think this game might be pretty wild and I’m curious.

From what I can gather, I might get into the Syberia series starting with number four. I’m holding off for now because of the price and my budget for games, which has pretty much been slashed.

We could use some more input and players.. anyone else up for a CPT?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 July 2022 10:18 AM

that’s a sweet deal.

I haven’t gotten Culpa Innata to run yet. Just from the premise alone I think this game might be pretty wild and I’m curious.

From what I can gather, I might get into the Syberia series starting with number four. I’m holding off for now because of the price and my budget for games, which has pretty much been slashed.

It’s a shame that you can’t get Culpa Innata to run, it’s certainly a very interesting game but if you give up on trying to run it it might be worth reading the book.  Smile

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 July 2022 10:18 AM

I’m looking forward to playing Amerzone, unless people want to play other Microids games - in which case I’ll pass and let them enjoy Syberia/Still Life.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Amerzone seems like a good bet right now.

Total Posts: 1301

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I played Culpa Innata steam version with Windows 10 and zero problems. I would like to lead a CPT when I finish my translation into Spanish and test it, but I am afraid that won’t be before a year from now. I got some professional translation and testing tasks and obviously, they have preference.

About Amerzone, I think it was the first adventure game in first person I have ever played, and I remember I enjoyed it a lot.

Still, I would prefer an Still Life CPT.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I have both Amerzone and Still Life, haven’t played the former, could replay the latter. But I’m pretty busy now, not sure I’ll have time. So for the moment, still abstaining from voting.

I love Culpa Innata, but would like to replay it later, when I can really dive into it.

I have actually started a replay of TLJ earlier this year, to introduce my spouse to the story, so that we can also replay Dreamfall, and then finally play the Chapters, that I have not yet played. We are quite long along the way, but he really disliked Crow, and we’ve taken a break. Community playthrough might be interesting, at least to hop in after it catches us.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top