• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Vegetable Party - 03 July 2022 05:34 PM

I have it on steam - running it on a win10 laptop. I got an old pc as a gift from a cousin a while ago - I could give it a spin on that machine and see if it changes my luck.

Strange, I also have it on Win10 laptop, and it runs smoothly. Let me know if you were able to run it. If you want, I can PM you my specs, but I’m assuming that you checked yours with min requirements already. It’s a great game, I’d love for you to make it work. Let me know if I can help figure out what’s wrong.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I could join Still Life or Amerzone, the former I loved, the latter I haven’t played. However I’m going to vote for Culpa Innata, I’ve heard great things about this game, it sounds very interesting and quirky.
Doesn’t this game have subtitles?

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I ll vote for Procession to Calvary. It seems fun.

Total Posts: 2103

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’ll vote Amerzone then Smile

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

How does this work? Things like ...

Is this on- offline?
Are there certain points in a game where people wait for each other or plays everyone at their own pace till the end?
Do how do you communicate?
Do you primary play old ones?

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

meteor - 09 July 2022 05:38 AM

How does this work? Things like ...

Is this on- offline?
Are there certain points in a game where people wait for each other or plays everyone at their own pace till the end?
Do how do you communicate?
Do you primary play old ones?

nice to see you in this thread! In these official CPTs, we play the game in sections, in our own time, sharing our experience in a dedicated thread. We don’t have to be online at the same time. It’s not just old games, though it obviously helps if at least one person has already played the game. I’d definitely be for playing newer games as well.

These official CPTS tend to have a leader, setting the pace, giving some background information, things like that. We use the thread to discuss the game, help each other out when someone is stuck, has technical issues, etc. Participants can add in any way they like: from posting screenshots and describing stuff you particularly like to just mentioning where you are in the game and simply stating if you like it (or not) - it’s all welcome.

There are also unofficial CPTS, they tend not have leaders and pace is often determined by the progress of a couple of players, using the CPT to combine impressions and ideas.

There are also text adventure CPTS. In this case, one person runs the program and communicates the process to the participants. The players make suggestions move north, throw apple at angry neighbour, hide behind tree), the leader runs the input through the program and shares the result. They’re more direct, the pace is determined entirely by posting on the forum.

Total Posts: 1301

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I think Lady K will have a tough task distinguishing if you are voting for a game or just discussing it…

So… good luck, Lady K! We love you anyway.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

If there’s a game with a majority vote, but no leader, I could lead if I use a walkthrough myself.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

DCast - 07 July 2022 12:44 PM
Vegetable Party - 03 July 2022 05:34 PM

I have it on steam - running it on a win10 laptop. I got an old pc as a gift from a cousin a while ago - I could give it a spin on that machine and see if it changes my luck.

Strange, I also have it on Win10 laptop, and it runs smoothly. Let me know if you were able to run it. If you want, I can PM you my specs, but I’m assuming that you checked yours with min requirements already. It’s a great game, I’d love for you to make it work. Let me know if I can help figure out what’s wrong.

Thanks! Smile
I think it’s a resolution issue. I’m looking into it.

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played Amerzone a couple of years ago, so I can lead it if it wins. 

Voting for CP #73 will end on Sunday July 10.

Amerzone (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Vegetable Party, Rtrooney, DCast, Doom

Procession to Calvary (4) - Vegetable Party, DCast, Charophycean, Nico2021

Still Life - (3) - Walas74, Rtrooney, DCast

Culpa Innata (2) - DCast, Tenebra
The Longest Journey (2) - Vegetable Party, DCast

Born Punk (1) - Chrissie
Chronomaster (1) - Charophycean
Syberia: The World Before (1) - Rtrooney
Time Gentlemen, Please (1) - Charophycean

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll cast a a vote for Amerzone but I might be late joining the playthrough if it wins.  Smile

I’d love to play Culpa Innata in a playthrough as it’s such an interesting game - walas has offered to lead it when he’s completed his translation & I’m sure that he on having access to the game files is in a better situation to lead than I am which I am willing to wait for so I will be patient….  Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Still Life, all life long

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #73 will end at midnight GMT on Sunday July 10.

Amerzone (6) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Vegetable Party, Rtrooney, DCast, Doom, Chrissie

The Procession to Calvary (4) - Vegetable Party, DCast, Charophycean, Nico2021
Still Life - (4) - Walas74, Rtrooney, DCast, Advie

Culpa Innata (2) - DCast, Tenebra
The Longest Journey (2) - Vegetable Party, DCast

Born Punk (1) - Chrissie
Chronomaster (1) - Charophycean
Syberia: The World Before (1) - Rtrooney
Time Gentlemen, Please (1) - Charophycean

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You still have 45 minutes to vote.

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

By my clock, 7:00 CDT/CST = Midnight GMT. Or at least that’s what Google says. So I will buy Amerzone, and look forward to playing it, except for that timed underwater maze thingy that I hated.

It is, to my knowledge, the first Microids game published. Which I think is a fun thing. We can look at the origins of all the great games that followed.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top