• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Me neither. And I like the new start button that acts normal again.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just catching up with the news about a black actress being cast as Hermione in the Harry Potter play. That in itself, is a non story, but what I did find interesting is JK Rowling comments on the matter. She seems to be trying to “George Lucas” it seems. Despite early drawings, description in PoA and approving the cast for the films, she’s now saying the opposite.

Seems like she’s just trying to please the PC types to me.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Why should it matter what color her skin is?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It doesn’t. That’s the point, so why has JK decided to pretend she could of been black all along now. She could of been any colour and it wouldn’t have mattered. But saying this after agreeing the characters for the films, drawings, descriptions etc, is a bit silly.

The correct response from her I feel was to either ignore it or say this is someone else’s interpretation of my work.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

tsa - 21 December 2015 04:16 PM

Me neither. And I like the new start button that acts normal again.

I have nothing against Windows 10, and good for them for making a Windows that seems to be received more favorably than Windows 8. It’s their spyware-like tactics to force you to upgrade (even if you don’t want to) that was the point of my last post.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Tad - 22 December 2015 11:32 AM

It doesn’t. That’s the point, so why has JK decided to pretend she could of been black all along now. She could of been any colour and it wouldn’t have mattered. But saying this after agreeing the characters for the films, drawings, descriptions etc, is a bit silly.

The correct response from her I feel was to either ignore it or say this is someone else’s interpretation of my work.

I guess there’s some part of the story I’m missing Grin (Since I haven’t heard about this anywhere else)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tad - 22 December 2015 11:32 AM

That’s the point, so why has JK decided to pretend she could of been black all along now.

Tad - 21 December 2015 04:50 PM

She seems to be trying to “George Lucas” it seems.

And then she can be completely hypocritical about it and wear a t-shirt that says “Hermione’s colour doesn’t matter” or something… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s a good example though. It would be like JK going back and saying Harry attacked Voldemort first.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Do any of you have interesting or boring resolutions for 2016?
Me and my friend Luna Sevithiainen will try to have something of our adventure game to show on AdventureX 2016 Smile

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

To quit smoking. I’m doing well so far, haven’t smoked since my birth Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 28 December 2015 04:38 PM

Me and my friend Luna Sevithiainen will try to have something of our adventure game to show on AdventureX 2016 Smile

I’ll look forward to this.
Will it contain “Ye Olde Englishe”??? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 28 December 2015 07:02 PM
tsa - 28 December 2015 04:38 PM

I’ll look forward to this.
Will it contain “Ye Olde Englishe”??? Tongue

I’m sorry to disappoint you TimovieMan but no. Our adventure takes place in an entirely different time. So no “Steppe the nth!”

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2004-01-28

PM

My resolution is to kill the Thread™. This year. This year…

“I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.”

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

You can do it RLacey. Give it all you got!

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Happy New Year everybody!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top