• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 01 June 2016 09:21 AM

Would Syberia3 has achieved any success on KS , what target can you guess would have been feasible, 2 million 3 million or 800k?
Why Sokal never opted for KS?

Depends of what they would ask but I think they would at least make the 800k, close to BS5. Probably would have now reached the Dreamfall Chapters number.
I’m glad they didn’t need to use it

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The budget of S3 propably is higher than what they would have gotten from KS. It has never strucken me as a franchise that people feel as nostalgic about as Dreamfall for an example, so it would definetly netted much less from crowdfunding.

I think, at bare minimum, their initial goal on KS would have been around half a million dollars, but that by itself is very likely much less than what this current Syberia 3 is budgeted.

Also, I do think had they gone to KS, it would have failed to get that backing.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 08 June 2016 02:21 PM

Sexy…
Came to post this,
Beaten.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

Just an idea, but is it worth marking this thread as a no spoiler zone? That would naturally include plot details, characters ,etc but also screenshots and video of any kind (unless hidden in spoiler space).

I know there are some who don’t mind spoiler info if it’s officially announced (including screenshots) but some gamers don’t want ANY information at all.

Or should those people (like me) simply be advised not read this thread?

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

wilco - 08 June 2016 02:21 PM

Give me big Collector`s Box with this cover Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

but wilco, nomad, this is fan art, on the cover, i know it, unless microids took rights from its owner/artist!!!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Irongiant909 - 08 June 2016 03:42 PM

Just an idea, but is it worth marking this thread as a no spoiler zone? That would naturally include plot details, characters ,etc but also screenshots and video of any kind (unless hidden in spoiler space).

I know there are some who don’t mind spoiler info if it’s officially announced (including screenshots) but some gamers don’t want ANY information at all.

Or should those people (like me) simply be advised not read this thread?

Videosy ou are safe (since they are behind links) but if you don’t want to watch any promotional screenshot material MIcroids releases it’s probably better to don’t watch Syberia threads

Advie - 08 June 2016 03:48 PM

but wilco, nomad, this is fan art, on the cover, i know it, unless microids took rights from its owner/artist!!!

It’s the official fan boxart Smile isn’t it nice?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 08 June 2016 03:48 PM

Yes you are right this is official box art, wilco just got carried away by Destiny expansion news…

New screenshots

Jokes apart, that cover art is on official site, so doubt its fanart

http://www.microids.com/EN/news/syberia-3-unveiled-at-2015-gamescom-exhibit,58

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its fan art absolutely and for one reason only, is that i saw it more than a year ago.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok i am wrong its the official box cover, here Microids releases the 2nd part of the making, with that poster wilco posted featured .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=244&v=1nJAdMYBq14

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

These little making-of are pretty cool, probably too much info for someone that wants to go blind into the game but they are making me more excited for the quality of the game.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 08 June 2016 08:15 PM

These little making-of are pretty cool, probably too much info for someone that wants to go blind into the game but they are making me more excited for the quality of the game.

kate is dying, man… we gotta help her as soon as possible, we can’t wait Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 08 June 2016 08:00 PM

ok i am wrong its the official box cover, here Microids releases the 2nd part of the making, with that poster wilco posted featured .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=244&v=1nJAdMYBq14

As i said, the art was on the site.
Anyway Sokal seems to be enjoying making S3, son also working, true labor of love by auteur.
From the progress it seems they could hit Dec release.
French team , so art is understandably top quality.
Ps4 day1.

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2015-05-20

PM

I’ve held off on reading anything about the game other than ‘it’s coming out’. Therefore, I’m very curious as to how the story could possibly be continued from the second game. That ending was pretty final, don’t you think? Besides, unless they retcon or do something fishy, they have to deal with Oscar’s sacrifice. And I don’t see how I could enjoy the game without getting to hear “Kate Walker!”

I’m just sort of thinking out loud, I guess. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. Right now, I’m baffled as to what they could do for the story.

Walking the fine line between being an original hardware nerd, and being broke from buying original hardware.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top