• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia III

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

I like Kate’s run, it’s part of her. No need to change it. Smile

One criticism - looking at the short clips in the making of video, Kate’s face doesn’t always look right - at times she looks like Kate, at other times rather less so. But the game is still in development so hopefully they’ll get her look consistently right in the final game.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Irongiant909 - 21 May 2016 01:12 PM

Me too, I love how she runs it gives her a unique touch, it is good that they have not taken too many liberties with the character, that is .. apparently the changes are minimal. Small details like the way she run are still there. On occasions some games modify alot a character to the point of becoming unrecognizable.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Renacimiento - 21 May 2016 01:44 PM
Irongiant909 - 21 May 2016 01:12 PM

Me too, I love how she runs it gives her a unique touch, it is good that they have not taken too many liberties with the character, that is .. apparently the changes are minimal. Small details like the way she run are still there. On occasions some games modify alot a character to the point of becoming unrecognizable.

That animation sure is nostalgic.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

nomadsoul - 21 May 2016 05:56 PM

When this game appears in December I can already see a dichotomy of viewpoints. One side will complain that the new vision of Syberia does not conform to the nostalgic view that they were expecting. The other view, which I probably will fall into, will complain that there isn’t enough modernization. E.g. running.

Someone said that this is Kate immediately after she left Syberia 2. Rather than ten years later. How do we know that? To me, the trailer shows on Kate’s face that she has endured some aging. And that some time has elapsed between the time we left her at the mammoth ground and when we see her now. My guess is that we are seeing Kate ten years after we last saw her. And that is as it should be.

Who knows what happened in between? Not me. But I guess we will find out in seven months.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

rtrooney - 21 May 2016 07:57 PM
nomadsoul - 21 May 2016 05:56 PM

When this game appears in December I can already see a dichotomy of viewpoints. One side will complain that the new vision of Syberia does not conform to the nostalgic view that they were expecting. The other view, which I probably will fall into, will complain that there isn’t enough modernization. E.g. running.

Someone said that this is Kate immediately after she left Syberia 2. Rather than ten years later. How do we know that? To me, the trailer shows on Kate’s face that she has endured some aging. And that some time has elapsed between the time we left her at the mammoth ground and when we see her now. My guess is that we are seeing Kate ten years after we last saw her. And that is as it should be.

Who knows what happened in between? Not me. But I guess we will find out in seven months.

Well its Sokal writing which is secondary excuse , primary being his worlds.
And new journey ofcourse, which again points to my component survey, its exploration that made Syberia memorable. Thats why glad the fidelity of backdrops is there in 3D.
And December date is placeholder, delay for polish is imminent.

Moreover, we should be glad we are getting this in this form after cancellation rumors,
Its not bad eitherway.

But more important question for you all, do you guys want this series to end with this part?
Regardless of proper closure in S3?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

What? Forgive me, but that post makes no sense at all.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

nomadsoul - 21 May 2016 10:44 PM

But more important question for you all, do you guys want this series to end with this part?

No.In Syberia 1 and 2 there was a common story that slowly was coming to an end, but once it ended, now with Syberia 3 it opens a new range of possibilities and directions, a completly new story.

There is no need now to finish the series, if it didn’t ended with the second game then now would be meaningless, I think for Sokal this is also new beginning. I am also anxious to know what is new direction that Kate Walker’s story would take, now without Hans and his trip.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

rtrooney - 21 May 2016 11:10 PM

What? Forgive me, but that post makes no sense at all.

Well there is already a dichotomy then.
Wink

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Renacimiento - 21 May 2016 11:21 PM
nomadsoul - 21 May 2016 10:44 PM

No.In Syberia 1 and 2 there was a common story that slowly was coming to an end, but once it ended, now with Syberia 3 it opens a new range of possibilities and directions, a completly new story.

There is no need now to finish the series, if it didn’t ended with the second game then now would be meaningless, I think for Sokal this is also new beginning. I am also anxious to know what is new direction that Kate Walker’s story would take, now without Hans and his trip.

Actually syberia story ends when Sokal doesnt give players an option for either run for nyc plane or catch the syberia train.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yeah. He doesn’t even offer a choice to romance Oscar!

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

He was flirty enough but Kate couldn’t pick the lines.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

He was way out of Kate’s league anyway.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

I just saw the trailer and loved everything about it… Except one thing.

There’s a doctor tying Kate to a chair, all the while Kate is stripped of her regular gear and given a top with sideboob. Of course, this leads to the camera to focus on said sideboob in cutscenes.

Kate Walker is one of the few heroines I truly looked up to as a kid, and I find it a bit disrespectful to treat her like that. I don’t want to see her breasts, especially not when she’s being restrained.

How much is it to ask for to give your main character a top that covers her breasts when she’s in an insane asylum?

It’s creepy. Cry

I am rubber, you are glue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

exactly, Thron, who needs to see Kate’s boobs, anyway (no pun intended!)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Thorn - 24 May 2016 08:45 AM

I just saw the trailer and loved everything about it… Except one thing.

There’s a doctor tying Kate to a chair, all the while Kate is stripped of her regular gear and given a top with sideboob. Of course, this leads to the camera to focus on said sideboob in cutscenes.

Kate Walker is one of the few heroines I truly looked up to as a kid, and I find it a bit disrespectful to treat her like that. I don’t want to see her breasts, especially not when she’s being restrained.

How much is it to ask for to give your main character a top that covers her breasts when she’s in an insane asylum?

It’s creepy. Cry

Revealing booty is part of her journey which is not bed of roses.
Infact they should start the game with her Shower scene in Newyork, enjoying breakfast only to realize later its just a dream of her past.

In other words she is past her old character, new frontiers new reveals.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top