• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooneyseagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Life is Strange

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

D’oh! I thought it was out tonight, not yesterday.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, I finished the episode. That was a long one and with puzzles now.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

Great episode…
Damn…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

doktor1 - 28 July 2015 07:33 AM

Great episode…
Damn…

I agree, exactly my thoughts at end   Gasp
DontNod Thumbs Up 

Now the 2 months waits will be terrible   Mini Frown

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

So many emotions in this episode…
Three times i was in “cutting onions for lunch” mode…
And eposode was longer than previous ones…

I think that selfie with Warren is DontNod bait! Many people thinks it is turning point for Max…
So many time we revived Chloe and it is possible that now is over with that process… Or maybe not.
Chloe was shot dead in first epizode and maybe some things cant be changed even Max is trying to change them and save Chloe from episode to episode…
Kate scene in hospital was great! So happy for her..

And about two moons…
On party there were two moons on sky but when Chloe and Max came on car dump there was one moon reflection on puddle

Cant wait for ep 5…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

doktor1 - 28 July 2015 10:10 AM

So many emotions in this episode…
Three times i was in “cutting onions for lunch” mode…
And eposode was longer than previous ones…

I think that selfie with Warren is DontNod bait! Many people thinks it is turning point for Max…
So many time we revived Chloe and it is possible that now is over with that process… Or maybe not.
Chloe was shot dead in first epizode and maybe some things cant be changed even Max is trying to change them and save Chloe from episode to episode…
Kate scene in hospital was great! So happy for her..

I also thinks so: rewind to start of party and change stuff. Chloe can’t die! I’m thinking the game is going to have multiple different endings
That scene in beginning… I wasn’t the game to go that route with the choice to kill Chloe Cry I wonder if that choice will have a reflection in any ending.
Also liked that scene with Kate. Good payout for saving Kate

doktor1 - 28 July 2015 10:10 AM

And about two moons…
On party there were two moons on sky but when Chloe and Max came on car dump there was one moon reflection on puddle

Cant wait for ep 5…

I think the two moons might mean multiple realities

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just finished it.

Brilliant episode! This is turning out to be a fantastic series with a well written plot and characters. I think, for me, they’ve surpassed Telltale now. Characters, story and overall experience.

Itching for episode 5 now.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I can’t imagine this not being the best adventure game of the year when all’s said and done. I know we have a couple big hitters left, but this one’s really grabbed me and continues to get better and better.

In other news, I noticed a couple continuity goofs in this one:
In weelchair Chloe’s room, I looked through the drawer and Max said she was glad we stole the Principal’s money, but we didn’t in my game.
Then, in Chloe’s room after the confrontation with Frank, she mentions shooting him in the leg, but in my game Chloe stabbed him in the leg, not shot him.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Man, this was so, so, so, so good. Wow.

I’m with Tad here: I think they’ve surpassed even the first season of The Walking Dead—and, as far as I’m concerned, that’s saying something.

And the best thing is that didn’t do it through shockers and cheap thrills, but by patiently building up believable characters, relationships, and a whole lot of atmosphere. (On that note, was I the only one who was reminded of True Detective—the first season, back when it was watchable—while playing this episode? At this point, I’m half expecting the game to reveal that the Yellow King is behind all the paranormal stuff.)

I was going to start listing my favourite moments, but then I realized that that included the alternate reality, visiting Kate at the hospital, using the clues on the evidence board to find the Rape Barn, visiting the Dark Room, all the little moments with the secondary characters, lots of small decisions paying off—so basically the entirety of the episode.

One thing that bothered me a bit, though: You’ve found a dead body and you keep it a secret instead of calling the police?!? Are you trying to get yourselves killed??? Have you EVER seen a movie or TV show EVER?!? I can get Chloe acting like an idiot, because that’s what she mostly is, but Max should know better and I wasn’t too fond of that bit of railroading. Still, minor point.

The wait for the finale is going to be long. Here’s hoping that they manage to stick the ending.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Frogacuda - 29 July 2015 12:01 PM

In other news, I noticed a couple continuity goofs in this one:
In weelchair Chloe’s room, I looked through the drawer and Max said she was glad we stole the Principal’s money, but we didn’t in my game.
Then, in Chloe’s room after the confrontation with Frank, she mentions shooting him in the leg, but in my game Chloe stabbed him in the leg, not shot him.

I kept going back in time in that scene until I left on good terms with Frank. he even texted Max after it. Frank is good guy once you get to know him Smile

Kurufinwe - 29 July 2015 12:34 PM

One thing that bothered me a bit, though: You’ve found a dead body and you keep it a secret instead of calling the police?!? Are you trying to get yourselves killed??? Have you EVER seen a movie or TV show EVER?!? I can get Chloe acting like an idiot, because that’s what she mostly is, but Max should know better and I wasn’t too fond of that bit of railroading. Still, minor point.

Also thought that was a bit weird, I took it as a bad decision in the spur of the moment and Nathan influence bailing him out. Max power also make them think they are invulnerable.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

[spoiler]I’m not afraid to admit, that scene where Chloe asked Max to kill her. It really was torture to make that decision. I’ve always thought this is a personal choice in real life and know one has the right to stop them if they’re really struggling like Chloe was. But, when she asked Max (and by extension, me) to help her, I really struggled. I did in the end, but…yeah. Think that had the biggest impact on me.

Also, I’m not sure if anyone of you noticed, but when Max asks about the accident, Chloe says an SUV knocked her off the road. Frank perhaps?

Also, is anyone else starting to feel sorry for Warren? He clearly cares for Max, and I know she’s really busy at the moment, but jeez…give the lad a break.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Was just finishing up on episode 4 now while King’s Quest downloads in the background.

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT. Jefferson was a total weirdo. Why would Sean Prescott go to all that trouble and make a hideout for Nathan, the family screw up? This must be how the Prescotts could lure the renowned photographer to Blackwell…

Surely, it would be less trouble to hire a Bill Henson or Cindy Sherman? You would save money on the underground rape lair. What is the deeper connection between Jefferson and Prescott?

A lot of character arcs came to a close. Warren was much more honest this episode - he’s a frustrated young man playing by the rules with little gratification. I threw him a bone and let him wail on Nathan along with hitting up his whiteboard.

I think I should have let Chloe kill Frank, the jerk. He is partly culpable for enabling this scenario. Again, it’s strange that the Prescotts would let Jefferson source drugs through the son and some scummy beach dealer with a paper trail kilometres wide. Someone of their money could just pay off a physician who has gambling debts or something. Cut out the middle man.

I see this thing ending with Max going back to the start of episode 1 and busting Jefferson right there. However, that’s fairly predictable. Such a pity that Rachel’s dead.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

In my opinion the ending saved this episode, otherwise i would have really disliked this episode.
The beginning was far too linear and seems completely pointless in the end.
Also the time travelling has been reduced to a useless gimmick, Max only uses it when it’s least necessary. Overall this ep felt really slow, especially if you play it a second time to make different choices.
I loved the other episodes very much, making it an AG of the year candidate, but this ep is mediocre at best

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I disagree, I thought this episode was the best yet. The whole cork-board deduction puzzle was a great example of puzzle design that works in service of story. I thought it was interesting in my end-game stats that only 13% of players unlocked Nathan’s phone. How else do you finish that puzzle?

Also, since the theme of the series is the butterfly effect and unintended consequences I highly doubt it will end with going back and stopping Jefferson at the beginning of the season.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2014-06-27

PM

You could also unlock his phone by entering the PUK code.

Also looking for a code three times during an episode was a bit lame, couldn’t they come up with a more original kind of puzzle Shifty Eyed

I may sound a bit harsh, it’s not that i really disliked this episode, but the others were almost perfect.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top