• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 29 December 2015 01:37 AM
SoccerDude28 - 28 December 2015 07:51 PM
Tad - 28 December 2015 05:46 PM

Sort of. I’ve played all the 3D console ones and to be honest, the story is that crazy and convoluted, I stopped trying to follow it all. I just enjoy the action and gameplay.

You are right, I remember the story making my head really hurt (especially the second one where the whole thing was VR or some crazy shit like that.

In other news, the lead on Mass Effect Andromeda left Bioware. Case of a sinking project?

It’s kind of funny really. While there is a story in MGS and Kojima is actually trained for film production, he hits every cliché and don’t do’s of the genre. Long monologues, exposition dumps, overly complex story arc etc. If he hadn’t of fallen into gaming, I doubt we’d know who he even was right now.

He is intellectual though and bring really thought provoking politcal and social themes along with commercial tropes. He was way ahead of times and nailed sociopolitical world we
live in today. He would have survived as Manga writer.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

If I threw a stone in Japan, I’d hit at least 6 manga writers Tongue

Seriously though, there’s no doubt he’s talented and would find work in other media industries. Just perhaps not as a script writer.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

From SEGA’s twitter:

They’re going back to the classic look it seems for the 25th anniversary. It’s been in development since Generations too.

I’ve got a good feeling about this one Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Can’t be worse than Sonic Boom but still difficult to believe in anything Sonic

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Besides Boom, SEGA’s recent output of Sonic has been good though.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 29 December 2015 03:41 AM

Seriously though, there’s no doubt he’s talented and would find work in other media industries. Just perhaps not as a script writer.

Policenauts, Snatcher and ZoE2 have great script.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

nomadsoul - 29 December 2015 04:08 PM
Tad - 29 December 2015 03:41 AM

Policenauts, Snatcher and ZoE2 have great script.

Can’t say about ZoE and Policenauts, but Snatcher was good. Maybe with some help he can.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

What were your favs from ground breaking year 98 in gaming,

Halflife, MGS, zelda oot, Thief, Oddworld, RE2, Xenogears, GrimFandango,Unreal,
Starcraft, GranTurismo,RainbowSix, BaldursGate, BanjoKazooie,Heart of Darkness etc.

For me GF, Thief,RE2 left most profound impression.
Those days i still remember.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

A groundbreaking year indeed.

Favorites then/now:
Ocarina of time
Half-Life (played it years later)
Gran Turismo (not very special today, IMO)

Though I think 1996 was perhaps just as groundbreaking and possibly overlooked:

Guardian Heroes
Duke Nukem 3D
Super Mario RPG
Resident Evil
Quake
Super Mario 64
Tomb Raider
Diablo
Metal Slug *
Wipeout 2097 *

* Maybe not groundbreaking, but the same could be said for some of the games you listed Wink

Favorites:
Duke Nukem 3D
Super Mario 64
Wipeout 2097

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

1993 was great has discussed in the other thread.
2007 is also pretty awesome:
Assassin’s Creed, Modern Warfare, Portal, The Witcher, Peggle, BioShock, Super Mario Galaxy, Rock Band, Crysis, God of War II.

But I agree with 1998, it was an incredible year that launched a lot of new sagas and revolutionized 3D gaming. Starcraft, Balgur’s Gate and Half-Life in the same year!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

1998 was also the year of FIFA 99, one of the very best installments (only topped by FIFA 12, imo). Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Scalebound delayed till 2017

As we enter into 2016, we want to provide you with an update on Scalebound, the upcoming Xbox One-exclusive action-RPG that lets you fight alongside a fearsome dragon named Thuban.
  Development on the game is going well and we’re really happy with how it’s coming together. Scalebound is one of the biggest games PlatinumGames has ever created: an epic adventure filled with exploration and fantasy gameplay, inventive multiplayer, and action-packed battles on an unbelievable scale - all set in a beautiful and evolving world. It’s the game our team has always dreamed of making.
  In order to deliver on our ambitious vision and ensure that Scalebound lives up to expectations, we will be launching the game in 2017. This will give us the time needed to bring to life all the innovative features and thrilling gameplay experiences that we have planned.
  We know you’re excited to see more and thank you for your patience. Scalebound is a truly special project that’s been several years in the making, and we are very proud and inspired by all the work our team has done so far.
  We will be sharing more about our vision for Scalebound later this year and can’t wait to give you a closer look at the world of Draconis and the incredible creatures and experiences we’re building.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 04 January 2016 11:12 AM

Scalebound delayed till 2017

No XBone in 2016! I’m guessing Horizon will also be delayed. 2016 is going to be the Year of the Backlog!

There is a rumour on neogaf that there won’t be an Assassins Creed in 2016 and the next one will be a complete overhaul of the series and set in Egypt. Sounds like a much needed action even is AC: Syndicate is ok. (and 1 less game to worry about in 2016!  Smile )

Here: http://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895

Edit: And Watch_Dogs 2 this Fall set in San Francisco

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Wait…a 3D action adventure set in a desert like environment…I’m thinking of a game beginning with the letter P Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, it’s too bad Prince of Persia seems to be dead. I loved that series… This is going to be more like the Witcher apparently and maybe ditch Ubisoft formula a bit and it’s from the Black Flag team so I have high hopes.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top