• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckykanaifuLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Another Christmas, another bunch of stupid attacks on game services. Seems this time it’s reached Steam too and Valve have shut down the website as a result.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 25 December 2015 06:01 PM

Another Christmas, another bunch of stupid attacks on game services. Seems this time it’s reached Steam too and Valve have shut down the website as a result.

Haven’t tried PSN but Steam is running very slowly, can’t even get a good look at the deals going on.
At last it doesn’t seem to have the reached the proportions of last year… Maybe better defenses (or less attacks)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 14 December 2015 11:57 PM

I went and bought the Steam controller, and I have to say, I am disappointed. I mainly bought it to play adventure games, but the trackpad on the controller is no where as accurate as a mouse. I still definitely prefer to use a mouse over it.

Too late to answer, I’m still struggling with it and also disappointed. I’ve seem reports of people having great results in FPS games but I don’t feel it’s comfortable. Mouse over it for sure and a lot of case even the classic console controller…
Glad you are the Link at least, I love it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

MaxPayne and Alan wake get together to wish holidays and well, hint something Alanwakish.

Wink

Would definitely play a game with Samlake as lead detective.

Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 26 December 2015 05:16 PM

MaxPayne and Alan wake get together to wish holidays and well, hint something Alanwakish.

Wink

Would definitely play a game with Samlake as lead detective.

Smile

Her Story with Sam Lake as detective Smile

And this is wy Quantum Break is taking so long!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

My GoTYs,

1.Bloodborne+Oldhunters

Look at this beautiful design, DLC took the gameplay and madness to next level.
Gut wrenching bosses and disturbing dread to the max.
A game where each different weapon is new playthrough and mechanic.

2. Dying Light

My fav open world, and memorable coop , with great gameplay mixing multiple genres.
Music still in my head.
Hyped for DLC, Following, cannot get enough, shits on all ubisoft games from great height.

3. Splatoon

Catchy Artstyle,music and addicting gameplay kept me occupied for 2 months.

MGSV felt short on story and Witcher3 felt short on gameplay.
Havent finished MadMax.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 27 December 2015 01:53 AM

My GoTYs,

1.Bloodborne+Oldhunters

Look at this beautiful design, DLC took the gameplay and madness to next level.
Gut wrenching bosses and disturbing dread to the max.
A game where each different weapon is new playthrough and mechanic.

2. Dying Light

My fav open world, and memorable coop , with great gameplay mixing multiple genres.
Music still in my head.
Hyped for DLC, Following, cannot get enough, shits on all ubisoft games from great height.

3. Splatoon

Catchy Artstyle,music and addicting gameplay kept me occupied for 2 months.

Mine:

1. Witcher 3
2. Bloodborne

3. Battlefront Smile

My 2016 resolution - don’t buy more games (non-adventure) and tackle the backlog…

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Top 5:

1. Life is Strange
2. Valkyria Chronicles (PC)
3. Tales from the Borderlands
4. Anna’s Quest
5. Dreamfall Chapters

Honourable mentions: Tembo the Badass Elephant and Stasis

I really need to play MGS GZ and MGS PP.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 28 December 2015 01:34 PM

My 2016 resolution - don’t buy more games (non-adventure) and tackle the backlog…

So you’ll pass on Quantum Break, Scalebound, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, No Man’s Sky and Horizon? You must have a really strong will power Smile

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 28 December 2015 03:27 PM

I really need to play MGS GZ and MGS PP.

Same here but the last MGS I played was Metal Gear Solid 2 about 10 years ago, and since the series is so story driven, I feel bad in playing them without playing the prior ones. Are you up to speed with the series?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Sort of. I’ve played all the 3D console ones and to be honest, the story is that crazy and convoluted, I stopped trying to follow it all. I just enjoy the action and gameplay.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 28 December 2015 05:46 PM

Sort of. I’ve played all the 3D console ones and to be honest, the story is that crazy and convoluted, I stopped trying to follow it all. I just enjoy the action and gameplay.

You are right, I remember the story making my head really hurt (especially the second one where the whole thing was VR or some crazy shit like that.

In other news, the lead on Mass Effect Andromeda left Bioware. Case of a sinking project?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 December 2015 05:16 PM

So you’ll pass on Quantum Break, Scalebound, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, No Man’s Sky and Horizon? You must have a really strong will power Smile

I’ll try, not promising Smile I don’t have an Xbone, so that helps. If Last Guardian actually comes out next yeat I’ll get that, but I’m counting it as an adventure! The rest I’ll try to wait or at least only get them when they drop the price a lot.

MGS V is completely playable without playing the previous games in the series. Story is pretty much self contained (at least until the part I’m) and the focue is more in the gameplay this time.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

MGSV is a must play if you have interest in learning gamedesign, it does a lot of great innovative stuff on the base open world design you find elsewhere.

3. Battlefront Smile

Smile

But yeah from Nier2,Zelda to Mirrors Edge, VR, things are looking even better next year.
Gonna be insane.
Excited for Dishonored2 reveal too.
Wink

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

SoccerDude28 - 28 December 2015 07:51 PM
Tad - 28 December 2015 05:46 PM

You are right, I remember the story making my head really hurt (especially the second one where the whole thing was VR or some crazy shit like that.

In other news, the lead on Mass Effect Andromeda left Bioware. Case of a sinking project?

It’s kind of funny really. While there is a story in MGS and Kojima is actually trained for film production, he hits every cliché and don’t do’s of the genre. Long monologues, exposition dumps, overly complex story arc etc. If he hadn’t of fallen into gaming, I doubt we’d know who he even was right now.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top