• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The Witcher you say? Huh…that would be quite a dramatic change if true.

Although I’m not a fan of AC games, there does come a point where they need to freshen things up. If they haven’t of spammed us with so many AC games, I doubt we’d need it just yet mind. But still, it’ll be interesting to see what they do.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 04 January 2016 03:09 PM

The Witcher you say? Huh…that would be quite a dramatic change if true.

Although I’m not a fan of AC games, there does come a point where they need to freshen things up. If they haven’t of spammed us with so many AC games, I doubt we’d need it just yet mind. But still, it’ll be interesting to see what they do.

Syndicate story was good, villain was very well done.
Thanks to sales which were crap and i said good news, basically i meant this.
Polish and revamp even recycling is your motto.

Farcry 5 should go back to Africa too.

Scalebound delay is silver lining perhaps, Nier2 this year Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not sure if they’ll ever recover the lost AC sales. Might happen like Splinter Cell.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is releasing on PC on Jan 28. That was a short exclusivity period

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Talking about sales

https://medium.com/steam-spy/steam-sales-in-2015-2e81a6bb0f5a#.c1220w7ct

Posted his estimated Steam Sales figures for 2015.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 05 January 2016 10:14 AM

Rise of the Tomb Raider is releasing on PC on Jan 28. That was a short exclusivity period

The XBOX One sales were disappointing, but then they released it on one platform in the same day Fallout 4 came out. At this point, Fallout is a much bigger brand than Tomb Raider. I hope that what MS payed them is worth the limited exclusivity because I heard that the game is really good, so it deserves better.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 04 January 2016 02:42 PM

Edit: And Watch_Dogs 2 this Fall set in San Francisco

I think Ubi is in big trouble. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate sold rather poorly, and Rainbow Six Siege is a dud. They are relying this year on Far Cry Primal and The Division, and judging by the sales of Far Cry 4, I don’t expect Primal to do good. The Division is a new franchise and it looks very generic so I’m skeptical that many people will be interested in it.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 05 January 2016 10:30 AM

Talking about sales

https://medium.com/steam-spy/steam-sales-in-2015-2e81a6bb0f5a#.c1220w7ct

Posted his estimated Steam Sales figures for 2015.

I don’t get the fascination for ARK, I thought it was terribly broken…

SoccerDude28 - 05 January 2016 12:19 PM
wilco - 04 January 2016 02:42 PM

Edit: And Watch_Dogs 2 this Fall set in San Francisco

I think Ubi is in big trouble. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate sold rather poorly, and Rainbow Six Siege is a dud. They are relying this year on Far Cry Primal and The Division, and judging by the sales of Far Cry 4, I don’t expect Primal to do good. The Division is a new franchise and it looks very generic so I’m skeptical that many people will be interested in it.

Yeah, I’m not seeing WD2 doing well, the first game had the advantage of being one of first for the new gen (and that awesome 1st trailer). RSix Siege seems to be very good but limited to online groups. They’ll probably have to start cutting on teams if they don’t find new big winners. Just Dance is also dying and they don’t have sports franchise that always perform well like EA.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

wilco - 05 January 2016 02:15 PM

Yeah, I’m not seeing WD2 doing well, the first game had the advantage of being one of first for the new gen (and that awesome 1st trailer). RSix Siege seems to be very good but limited to online groups. They’ll probably have to start cutting on teams if they don’t find new big winners. Just Dance is also dying and they don’t have sports franchise that always perform well like EA.

WD2 may do well depending on how much they have developed the game. I thought that it had potential as a game, but was poorly implemented.

Similar to the AC games, the first one was not a great game , it wasn’t until the 2nd game that they started to pay out on the premise.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So we will be talking alot about NX this year,

Zelda as launch pretty much confirmed, i suspect next pikmin will be there too.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1166717

VR and NX year then.

Also Torment Beta, year is already ballin,

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1166408

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oculus Rift available for pre-order - $599

https://shop.oculus.com/

That’s really too much for blindly trying out, going to wait to see what Sony and Vive show

Edit: It’s 700€ for Europe? What the hell?!?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 06 January 2016 11:03 AM

That’s really too much for blindly trying out, going to wait to see what Sony and Vive show

Thats the deal for PC users who spend bazillion on their card.

Sony will be around 300, i reckon.

I am more concerned with health issues it might bring for longer session.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 06 January 2016 01:17 PM
wilco - 06 January 2016 11:03 AM

Thats the deal for PC users who spend bazillion on their card.

Sony will be around 300, i reckon.

I am more concerned with health issues it might bring for longer session.

300 seems too low but it would be a great entering point. I think it will probably be more around 400.
I’m reading reports that Vive will probably cost even more than Oculus, but I’m curious avout the Valve software they’ll pack.

Still can’t wrap my head around the price for Europe of the Oculus being so different… It’s 700 more shipping more customs

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I don’t know the economics of the build cost to say whether we are getting screwed or not. If it was still Oculus I could see it being a high cost device. However with the billions of Facebook behind it and strong competition I had expected them to sell the headset at a loss in the same way that Sony and MS sell their consoles.

They make it back with increased sales and software. I hope Palmer is wearing his armour for his ama on Reddit later, I have a feeling he is gonna get roasted.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

SoccerDude28 - 14 December 2015 11:57 PM

I went and bought the Steam controller, and I have to say, I am disappointed. I mainly bought it to play adventure games, but the trackpad on the controller is no where as accurate as a mouse. I still definitely prefer to use a mouse over it.

Okay the verdict is out now on the Steam Link and the Steam Controller. Steam Link is amazing, and I barely ever have a problem with it. I think I only had a problem with it a couple of times where it didn’t detect my computer, and I had to unplug/replug it and it worked, but the vast majority of times, it works great. One design aspect that I found weird was there is no power button on the Steam Link. It expects you to use a peripheral to start it up. It works great if you try to start it up with the Steam Controller, but it is much more iffy if you try to start it up with an XBOX 360 controller. It is a weird design choice, because many people might opt to buy the link without the Steam controller.

As far as the Steam controller goes, it is good for a certain group of games. I find it good for adventures and turn based games (basically any game that doesn’t require twitch controls), but it is not as good for Action/Adventures and FPS’es. For those, a mouse and keyboard or the XBOX 360 controller are much better.
Even with adventure games though, one thing I am finding REALLY annoying is that the subtitle text in the games is usually reaaaaally small when you play it on a big screen TV. Some games do not have this problem like Anna’s Quest for example, but others are almost unplayable because of this problem. Anyone else observed that? I wished developers have the foresight to think of that.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Piqued my interest even though i don’t play RTS much.
Love the vehicle designs and overall fresh feel.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top