• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

OrionO - 21 August 2014 05:38 PM

Is developer Phoenix Online Studios claiming that they were given an insufficient budget by Activision

The game isn’t being made by POS and they aren’t getting a single cent from Activision. It is being made by Pinkerton Road who has out-sourced part of the development to POS.

OrionO - 21 August 2014 05:38 PM

Another area that I’m wondering about…. Does anyone know how much of the original Gabriel Knight script was cut for this remake?

As I understand it, nothing is as such being cut out, but some have been rewritten and things has been added.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Iznogood - 21 August 2014 06:24 PM

The game isn’t being made by POS and they aren’t getting a single cent from Activision. It is being made by Pinkerton Road who has out-sourced part of the development to POS.

That’s a bit misleading—Pinkerton Road and Pheonix Online consist of a lot of the same people.  But you’re right in the fact that every design & development decision for this remake came from Jane directly, and not POS.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I’m sure Jane didn’t tell them to draw Barbiel, it is unfortunately just a pure lack of skill.
I don’t want to bash them, but it’s clear that they are biting more than they can chew.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I was just rewatching the trailer—did you guys catch the shot at 0:58 that shows the interior of Gabriel’s family castle?  I just noticed it’s been redesigned to look like its GK2 version.  Neat!

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Bogi - 21 August 2014 08:35 PM

I’m sure Jane didn’t tell them to draw Barbiel, it is unfortunately just a pure lack of skill.
I don’t want to bash them, but it’s clear that they are biting more than they can chew.

They weren’t responsible for that design; that was done before PoS was given the game to complete.

Bt

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Blackthorne - 21 August 2014 09:11 PM
Bogi - 21 August 2014 08:35 PM

They weren’t responsible for that design; that was done before PoS was given the game to complete.

Bt

Good to hear that, but why on Earth they didn’t change that (practically all of portraits look really bad), I’m not sure how much work would be needed, but I presume it isn’t impossible and would boost the game’s quality by at least 30%.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Lambonius - 21 August 2014 08:43 PM

I was just rewatching the trailer—did you guys catch the shot at 0:58 that shows the interior of Gabriel’s family castle?  I just noticed it’s been redesigned to look like its GK2 version.  Neat!

No, I didn’t and I’m going to check right away.
That’d be really cool!

EDIT:
Yes, yes, yes, indeed. That is so well done.

Maybe, just maybe, they’re trying to bring things more in line with GK2 and not only locations, but also Gabriel. Even though this new design is far from the GK1 look & style, it DOES feel more in line with Erickson from GK2….maybe also why they went for a slightly more muscular look. And it also nicely ties in with the look of GK3, though the low polygon count of the 3D Gabriel is hard to compare….

I think I will refrain from commenting prematurely on this further and wait for the final game before judging, as it may very well be that Jane had a ‘change’ of vision here.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Date, pricing and stuff

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/gabriel-knight-sins-of-the-fathers-20th-anniversary-edition-releases-october-15th/

Jane Jensen, creator of the series, said:

“It’s been a dream to be able to work on Gabriel Knight again, and I’m so exciting to bring it to a new audience. I think it looks amazing and it has all the classic gameplay.”

Is this problem of Site typo or she exactly said this??

Edit:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/29072/jane-jensens-adventure-gabriel-knight-sins-of-the-fathers-out-october-15th

Its real, PR QA is Quality Gold.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

nomadsoul - 10 September 2014 07:12 AM

“It’s been a dream to be able to work on Gabriel Knight again, and I’m so exciting to bring it to a new audience. I think it looks amazing and it has all the classic gameplay.”

Is this problem of Site typo or she exactly said this??

“She’s so exciting!
and she just can’t hide it…”

Hm.. maybe 25 years ago Jane.  Neutral

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I wonder if backers that choose Gabriel Knight over Moebius will also get the soundtrack like anyone else that pre-orders now?

The standard backer teer is almost the same as the pre-order price, but somehow I’m assuming it won’t work like this.

It would be rather odd to have the buy the whole game all over just for the soundtrack….(which I really want)

I hope us backers get a decent treatment on this, as being a backer is more or less the same as pre-ordering.

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Actually, backers who are getting GK from the Kickstarter had the soundtrack sent to them yesterday. Check your messages! Smile

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I wish! the last kickstarter update clearly mentions that only backers of 50 dollars and up got the soundtrack.
Backers at 16 dollars apparantly not!

That would be odd given that people that preorder only now at 17 dollars, do get the soundtrack.

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Ahh. Yes, in that case it will depend on if you chose GK as your game from the Kickstarter. If so, when we get closer to release, we’ll be sending it to that specific list of people.

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Yes, I chose GK when the choice was offered to me back in March or so.

But if I do get the soundtrack, I’d be very happy. I don’t mind not getting my hands on it just right now :-)

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

As a backer, in theory I could have checked it myself, but I rather wait until it is completely finished :p
I was wondering if and how they are doing the code breaking / messaging in the remake?
That was one of the most ridiculous puzzles Wink

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top