• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Rock ‘n’ Roll Will Never Die! out on Steam

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2022-07-06

PM

Hello, I’m the developer of Rock ‘n’ Roll Will Never Die!, a heavy metal point-and-click adventure released a couple of months ago. I haven’t posted anything about it on this forum before, but better late than never! The game is out now on Steam (where it’s on sale this week) and Itch.io.

Steam store page
Itch.io store page

Rock ‘n’ Roll Will Never Die! is a rocking adventure inspired by point-and-click classics, heavy metal, and underground comix. I’ve described it as “Monkey Island meets Spinal Tap” somewhere, which probably gives you a general idea of what’s happening, although the influences of course come from a much bigger pool of things.

The game takes a satirical look at rock clichés and music industry shenanigans, as you jump into the beer-soaked denim vest of a middle-aged teddy bear to orchestrate the comeback of your old glam metal band. One problem in this quest is the fact that glam metal has been the laughing stock of everyone in the music industry since the 1980s, but a true heavy metal heart never stops beating!

I spent the last 3,5 years making this game as a solo developer. With my own history as a musician, many of the details are also based on real-life experiences as a bass player in a punk band that no one’s heard of. Although, I may have exaggerated some of the events a bit – I think there were less talking glam metal teddy bears in real life.

Rock ‘n’ Roll Will Never Die! offers about ten hours of wild adventures all over the rockosphere with hand-drawn graphics and 100+ characters. It hasn’t been reviewed on Adventuregamers.com yet, but stuff and things about it have been pretty positive so far.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

grizzlypants - 11 July 2022 01:59 PM

The game takes a satirical look at rock clichés and music industry shenanigans, as you jump into the beer-soaked denim vest of a middle-aged teddy bear to orchestrate the comeback of your old glam metal band.

Rock ‘n’ Roll Will Never Die! offers about ten hours of wild adventures all over the rockosphere with hand-drawn graphics and 100+ characters.

I love how you work in the bear protagonist niche.  Laughing

Bear in Venice was a very nice game, so I will definitely be checking the game out at some point to see how the humour holds up when you scale it from 10 minutes to 10 hours.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2022-07-06

PM

GateKeeper - 12 July 2022 01:57 AM

Bear in Venice was a very nice game, so I will definitely be checking the game out at some point to see how the humour holds up when you scale it from 10 minutes to 10 hours.

Thanks! Bear in Venice was done in one week just to learn the basics of the Adventure Game Studio engine, I improvised the story and the dialogue while making it. Much more work definitely went into all parts of Rock ‘n’ Roll Will Never Die!, writing, graphics, sound and everything else. I promise the jokes are better!

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Fun idea and it looks like you did it well!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top