• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Chase - 13 July 2022 03:54 AM

Did you try all these steps?

1. Download the latest version of dgVoodoo 2 and extract the archive.
2. Copy dgVoodooCpl.exe to game folder.
3. Open the MS\x86 folder and copy all files to game folder.
4. (optional) Run dgVoodooCpl.exe in game folder and unmark dgVoodoo Watermark in DirectX.
5. Run game.

I have the disc version and win10 64bit and have no issues running the game.

Yes, I followed all these steps, I even tried adjusting dgVoodooCpl according to these instructions, but the result is always the same: 2 seconds of black screen, then the game automatically quits, not even some warning message or something Meh

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

zobraks - 13 July 2022 08:38 AM

Letter… museum… delivered - that’s all I could gather from the postman .
I don’t mind the bad graphics, but no subtitles is a no-no for me.

It sucks that it doesn’t have subtitles, like you I barely understood what the postman said and I had to listen to it several times. I hope and I sense that there won’t be much dialogue that’s why I’m giving it a chance, otherwise I’ll end up playing it in automatic mode, which I don’t want, kinda of “I don’t know what he said but I’ll go ahead clicking here and there and see what happens and at some point I’ll find out what’s going on”.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is not a dialogue-heavy game, but I can help clarify conversations if you need it.  This isn’t verbatim, but close enough:
You’re the journalist, aren’t you?  I delivered your letter yesterday.  He probably read it.  He had another one today from the museum.  That’s never good.  Maybe you should take it to him.  He has trouble moving around, you know.  He should see a doctor.  That’s what I think.

It’s good to see so many people here.  I’ll be back a little later to get the adventure rolling.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks for the text, Lady K! Smile

If you deliver the transcripts as they come I’ll try not to be only a lurker.

Tenebra - 13 July 2022 09:44 AM

I hope and I sense that there won’t be much dialogue that’s why I’m giving it a chance, otherwise I’ll end up playing it in automatic mode, which I don’t want, kinda of “I don’t know what he said but I’ll go ahead clicking here and there and see what happens and at some point I’ll find out what’s going on”.

My thoughts exactly.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

SECTION 1
After standing outside listening to the sounds of the sea for so long, it’s time to enter the lighthouse to meet Alexandre Valembois.  When you enter, ignore the trap door for now and head on up the stairs. 

Since your conversation will be rather brief, you will have to gather information in other ways, so take your time to explore all the levels until your mission becomes clear and you have prepared everything for the first leg of your travels. 

Please stop before you push the DESTINATION button that will launch you on your journey.

Let’s give this section about a week to complete.  As usual, the time period can be stretched or reduced depending on everyone’s progress, but we’ll aim for July 20. 

Also, if you are posting about the game, please make sure you use spoiler tags.  Nobody likes hints unless they ask for them.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’ve met monsieur Valembois* and he’s even more incomprehensible than the (dreaded) postman. Also, I made a phone call to the museum and I could use a transcript of what a man said. Help!

*The man can hardly speak. I think I heard something like “white bird” and that’s about all of it.

Did I mention that I HATE games where speech, surrounding sounds and music don’t have separate volume controls?

Edit: There’s also this (stereotypical) South American dictator on some kind of TV. What the hell is he mumbling about?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The museum man thought you were Valembois and confirmed the rejection in the letter you retrieved from the mailbox.  In other words, the answer is no and don’t call again.

The old man mentioned an egg still alive and white birds, and he urged you to go to the Amerzone because it’s too late for him.  Other papers you pick up around the place and his diary, will make things clearer.

The dictator was speaking Spanish.  More will be revealed about him as well.

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

zobraks - 14 July 2022 05:59 AM

I’ve met monsieur Valembois* and he’s even more incomprehensible than the (dreaded) postman. Also, I made a phone call to the museum and I could use a transcript of what a man said. Help!

*The man can hardly speak. I think I heard something like “white bird” and that’s about all of it.

Did I mention that I HATE games where speech, surrounding sounds and music don’t have separate volume controls?

Edit: There’s also this (stereotypical) South American dictator on some kind of TV. What the hell is he mumbling about?

I thought I heard something about an egg and taking it back, but I wasn’t sure until I read one of those documents and/or letters that were lying around.

The South American dictator says nothing, it’s just gibberish, except at the end I could only rescue one word, he says “libertad” = “freedom”, that’s all;

Edit: Warning:  This is a major plot point you might want to discover yourself. -Lady K.
anyhow from what I understood that dictator used to be a friend of Valembois when they were both young.

~

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Tenebra,
I’m going to put a warning above your second line.  Even though you put it in spoilers, I know some people may want to discover that for themselves.  When we finish this section, we’ll discuss some of those details before moving on.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks for clearing things up, Lady K! Cool
Thank you too, Tenebra. Smile

Now it’s reading time.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 14 July 2022 02:32 PM

Tenebra,
I’m going to put a warning above your second line.  Even though you put it in spoilers, I know some people may want to discover that for themselves.  When we finish this section, we’ll discuss some of those details before moving on.

Oh, well.  I didn’t think I was revealing anything major, just what those documents and letters that are in this part/section said. But that’s okay.
PS: It is my first time playing this game.

By the way, I spent a while ignoring the trap door but when I finally decided to go there because I didn’t know what else to do I discovered that this is where we progressed.I didn’t get to the stopping point yet, I was just looking around.

~

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There’s no harm done, Tenebra.  I was being overly cautious.  The spoiler tags are enough of a warning.

That lighthouse has many levels.  The first time I played the game I missed one for the longest time.  Of course it was the area with an inventory item I needed.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Apparently the inventory items all have their specific place in the game inventory; there’s a vacant place in the middle of it, which means I haven’t found something yet. I guess that object is used in the part of the lighthouse Lady K had been failing to find.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I found the last item by chance. Now I have to see where to use it. Apparently I have to get the elevator to stop in the middle floor where I assume the egg is according to the diagram, for now the elevator just passes by.

~

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Lots of stuff to read. Struggling to read the hand written letters.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top