• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened remake announced

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I came across this news, I couldn’t find any thread about it.

A full remake and “substantial rewrite” of the 2006-released title.

Frogwares has announced Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, a full remake and “substantial rewrite” of the 2006-released title of the same name. It will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. A Kickstarter campaign to secure the game’s final production funds is also planned.

More info
Twitter

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I wonder how much would’ve been cost,if Frogwares buy AC Syndicate’s assets and make a new open world Holmes adventure instead of another remake?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Gabe - 04 August 2022 02:36 PM

I wonder how much would’ve been cost,if Frogwares buy AC Syndicate’s assets and make a new open world Holmes adventure instead of another remake?

Another remake is disappointing for sure, but in this case I’m willing to accept that. The company is based in Ukraine, and what they can or can’t do at the moment can be very limited for a number of reasons.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

GateKeeper - 04 August 2022 04:07 PM

Another remake is disappointing for sure, but in this case I’m willing to accept that. The company is based in Ukraine, and what they can or can’t do at the moment can be very limited for a number of reasons.

I was wondering about that. Financial resources are likely in short supply. (Which might be the case even if you weren’t living in a war zone.) But gathering a technical team is probably just as difficult.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

They’ve opened a Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frogwares/sherlock-holmes-the-awakened/description

I do wonder about the budget though. They must have some additional funding for this, as I can’t see them being able to do a full scale AAA remake of the game with 70k euro.

That said, they’ve already reaced their minimum goal and most likely get a heck of a lot more.

Total Posts: 513

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I will be following this with interest. Flawed as it is, The Awakened is a very memorable game and the premise for the story is great. I hope the “remake” thing doesn’t mean they will change the basic gameplay to be more like Frogware’s later games though. The Devil’s Daughter was a serious misstep imo, bringing badly implemented action elements into the mix. Haven’t played Chapter One yet, but from what I’ve read there seems to some bad action elements in that too.

I stopped backing Kickstarter projects a long time ago, but I may make an exception for this one!

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I think it’s high time as publisher and devoloper Ubisoft to show some support Frogwares,these guys devoted their lifes creating better Holmes adventures alas their budget getting lower 3d assets become inadequate for.I believe if opportunity arise they will finally create an influential Holmes adventure.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

I enjoy the Frogwares games for what they are, but budget isn’t the problem here. If Frogwares thinks that what makes a good Sherlock Holmes game lies in how much detail Holmes’ face is shaded, then it won’t be able to reach the quality of what Mythos Software managed to do on a tiny budget with Serrated Scalpel and Rose Tattoo.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

According to the article this remake is not only a modernisation of the visual aspect but a very extensive rebuild.

- Additional investigation gameplay mechanics.
- Rewriting the story to connect with the case from The Awakened to a younger Sherlock.
- Amplifying the story behind how Watson and Holmes came to be so close.
- Minor story rewrites to the cases.
- Additional side quests.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Doubled the target with 25 days left

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

I’ll be waiting for this one to actually release so I can read some reviews first.  The Sinking City taught me not to get hyped and blind-buy Frogwares games.  You can read my thoughts on that one here.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Alas they seem lost their touch and keep struggling since 2015, need to rebuild their concept now.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top