• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

FlorusJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

As Dusk Falls

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

An original interactive drama from Interior night that explores the entangled lives of two families across 30 years.
Starting in 1998 with a robbery-gone-wrong in small town Arizona, the choices you make have a powerful impact on the characters’ lives in this uncompromising story of betrayal, sacrifice and resilience.

Since Quantic dream left the scene for more Star wars action this seems like the best choice driven experience available for now.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I played this over the last two days, it’s great. Some people don’t like the art style but I was into it and the story has good drama, tense choices, strong characters, and a lot of variability. It could stand to have more creative forms of interactive branching. The best choice based adventure games, in addition to “this or that” choices, will have moments where the story branches based on what you interact with or solve. Examples being scanning through security footage for escaping androids in Detroit, the survival meta aspects of Road 96, the rooftop scene with Kate in Life is Strange, or the fingerprints puzzle in Heavy Rain. As Dusk Falls tries to do some of this with the P&C sections but they’re pretty formulaic by comparison.

Overall the game is very well done, though, it ends with a significant mystery left unsolved so I’m assuming they’re planning to make more As Dusk Falls in the future and I’m down for that.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I thought it came a bit out of nowhere and with a hefty price tag,  but it looks very interesting to me, although I’m not much into games like this. How long would you say it took you to finish and is there replayability factor? (Which I think could be both - good and bad. Sometimes I like to see what else is out there (The Wolf Among Us), and sometimes I feel like I’m stuck in a loop chasing different endings that aren’t as fulfilling and my slightly OCD brain is having a hard time letting go off).

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2022-01-17

PM

@DCast: it’s on gamepass, so you can probably play it for $1.

My 2c on the game: I’m partway through and enjoying it… I think I prefer games that stick to a single protagonist, but this is well-done and interesting so far. Looks like there’s a good amount of branching (you’re shown what branches exist at the end of a chapter, even if it doesn’t show what they contain).

If you like this sort of thing, you’d be crazy not to try it out imo.

Another dev for another game (I can only apologise!).

Check out Mistmoon Falls, a weird murder mystery set in a Stardew Valley-inspired setting. Or don’t! Choices matter.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1684290/Mistmoon_Falls/
https://mistmoonfalls.com

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

DCast - 24 July 2022 10:37 PM

How long would you say it took you to finish and is there replayability factor?

About 6 hours game but replay value makes it 10 hours or more,flow chart very similar to DBH and cinematography quite good.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

DCast - 24 July 2022 10:37 PM

I thought it came a bit out of nowhere and with a hefty price tag,  but it looks very interesting to me, although I’m not much into games like this. How long would you say it took you to finish and is there replayability factor? (Which I think could be both - good and bad. Sometimes I like to see what else is out there (The Wolf Among Us), and sometimes I feel like I’m stuck in a loop chasing different endings that aren’t as fulfilling and my slightly OCD brain is having a hard time letting go off).

Felt like it was around 7 hours or so, I beat it in like two days. I’d say the replayability it pretty high, there’s a lot different potential outcomes and there’s also multiplayer which I started checking out yesterday. It’s a lot of fun.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

PlanetX - 24 July 2022 07:11 PM

Overall the game is very well done, though, it ends with a significant mystery left unsolved so I’m assuming they’re planning to make more As Dusk Falls in the future and I’m down for that.

Looks like book3 left out maybe gets a release as dlc.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top