• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for a sci-fi thriller click and point adventure…

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

...I forgot the title of.

Game came out around 2009-ish or a bit later. I think the game is German-made. It basically deals with the growing angst for increased surveillance. Game takes place in near-future.

Anyway, I think the following clue will seal the deal for those that have played it:
If the movie Enemy of the State were a game(great movie btw until the end where it shits the bed).

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

First game that came to mind was The Moment of Silence. Bit earlier than 2009 though.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Moment of silence, that brings back memories I want to say the game was what six or eight discs, it was a lot. I got pretty far in the game but ultimately always lost interest. it was too wordy and just drug on and on as far as dialogue goes.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Yep. That’s the one. In my mind the title contained an “empty” adjevctive like dark/black, but it was the noun silence.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Jdawg445 - 27 July 2022 08:01 AM

Moment of silence, that brings back memories I want to say the game was what six or eight discs, it was a lot. I got pretty far in the game but ultimately always lost interest. it was too wordy and just drug on and on as far as dialogue goes.

It started off very strong, and there was so much good content.

But the further the game went, the worse it started to get.
For me one of the culmination points was taking trips to the space station. The space station itself was one of the cool locations in the game, but the game went to crazy land with that.

You had to store some items from your inventory pockets before going to the space station. OK, sounds logical enough.
Except that one of the items that you were allowed to carry in your pockets to space was… a live pidgeon?!  Crazy

From there on the game world had lost its integrity in my eyes, so going towards the end was not that enjoyable anymore. The fact that I somehow managed to cause a dead-end in the prison didn’t actually help.

By the time I was doing the final puzzle, which is one of the worst ever, I only wanted to finish it to get rid of it.

They really could have done a much better game using all the resources that they had there. Simply cutting some things out of the final game might have helped, like you said, there are a lot of moments which don’t really progress the game in a meaningful way.

Having said all that, I think it’s a game that everyone should try out at least.

There are many cool details in the game too!
Did you guys notice that the in-game time is actually read from your computer’s internal clock, so time displays on airports and everywhere show the actual time that you are living at that moment?

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’ve had the game sitting in my Steam library for some time (must have picked it up in a sale) and never started which, I’m sure, is true for many here for various games.
Given what has been said in this thread I’m not too sure that I will start it any time soon Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

GateKeeper - 27 July 2022 11:32 AM
Jdawg445 - 27 July 2022 08:01 AM

But the further the game went, the worse it started to get.
For me one of the culmination points was taking trips to the space station. The space station itself was one of the cool locations in the game, but the game went to crazy land with that.

You had to store some items from your inventory pockets before going to the space station. OK, sounds logical enough.
Except that one of the items that you were allowed to carry in your pockets to space was… a live pidgeon?!  Crazy

From there on the game world had lost its integrity in my eyes, so going towards the end was not that enjoyable anymore. The fact that I somehow managed to cause a dead-end in the prison didn’t actually help.

By the time I was doing the final puzzle, which is one of the worst ever, I only wanted to finish it to get rid of it.

They really could have done a much better game using all the resources that they had there. Simply cutting some things out of the final game might have helped, like you said, there are a lot of moments which don’t really progress the game in a meaningful way.

Having said all that, I think it’s a game that everyone should try out at least.

There are many cool details in the game too!
Did you guys notice that the in-game time is actually read from your computer’s internal clock, so time displays on airports and everywhere show the actual time that you are living at that moment?

Agree and to me the voice acting was very flat and kind of put me to sleep. the game did a great job hooking me at the beginning with the opening cut scene. the intrigue was great at the start, but as it went on, it lost me more and more. There is a great game in there though screaming to get out.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

GateKeeper - 27 July 2022 11:32 AM

This sums up exactly how I felt about this game. I did manage to finish it though only because the point where it started to decline was far enough into the game and don’t think there was that much left. I do remember it felt like a chore somehow finishing it. The game was slow in some ways if I recall.

The first half was really engaging however. How it slowly pulled you into the conspiracy. The build-up was well done.

I don’t know how I found out about this game and what made me decide to play it. Was it a review I read here on adventuregamers or somehwere else?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Not sure of the game you mention but it got me thinking of recent games I came across that were pretty great PnC sci fi thriller type adventures : 

Stray - I would put at the top of the list. Simply a beautiful game set in a cyberpunk dystopian future and to get to play as a cat?! what could be cooler lol, but most people know about that one already.

Gamedec - Another cyberpunk/esc game set in a near future. You are a game detective focusing on problems that happen in games and when unexplained deaths occur. It’s pretty interesting gameplay but I haven’t played that far into it yet, seems good.

Born Punk - Great pixel art. Interesting story. Tons alternate solutions for almost every puzzle. Another cyberpunk/dystopian setting with a story that sucks you in.

Norco - This one is really interesting.  Pixel art with a dystopian yet western esc theme. Most of the gameplay is set first person which I generally do not like but the way the story is presented is really interesting.

Anyway happy hunting

Total Posts: 113

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I have fond memories of The Moment of Silence. I don’t remember much about it now but I did enjoy it and I actually don’t remember much about those parts where it start to get bad I only remember the beginning, which like you guys said it’s very strong and pulls you in, and the end which I really liked. Maybe the other stuff I put put of my mind either because it was indeed forgettable, or I was just very forgiving of adventure games back then. Games from that era that had clearly flaws I tend to look at very fondly and with a lot of nostalgia anyway.

About the end I remember really liking the idea of a super computer controlling everything and pulling all the strings for the “sake” of mankind. I liked that there really wasn’t like an evil villain at the end, but more of a philosophical discussion. Maybe the execution was lacking but it gave me to think about back then.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Origami - 27 July 2022 02:55 PM

I don’t know how I found out about this game and what made me decide to play it. Was it a review I read here on adventuregamers or somehwere else?

nah..  wasn’t bc of a review.. also you were half a decade late to the party if I remember the timing correctly   Cool

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

syn - 11 August 2022 05:13 AM

Not sure of the game you mention but it got me thinking of recent games I came across that were pretty great PnC sci fi thriller type adventures : 

Stray - I would put at the top of the list. Simply a beautiful game set in a cyberpunk dystopian future and to get to play as a cat?! what could be cooler lol, but most people know about that one already.

Gamedec - Another cyberpunk/esc game set in a near future. You are a game detective focusing on problems that happen in games and when unexplained deaths occur. It’s pretty interesting gameplay but I haven’t played that far into it yet, seems good.

Born Punk - Great pixel art. Interesting story. Tons alternate solutions for almost every puzzle. Another cyberpunk/dystopian setting with a story that sucks you in.

Norco - This one is really interesting.  Pixel art with a dystopian yet western esc theme. Most of the gameplay is set first person which I generally do not like but the way the story is presented is really interesting.

Anyway happy hunting

It was already solved lol. It is Moment of Silence. I am hyped about playing Norco btw.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Technobabylon is really good

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top