You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure STASIS, an indie adventure game.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #161

Thanks don. From the feedback here, through the blog, and through the emails I've been getting I'm getting a much better understanding of the average darkness on peoples monitors. This is really going to help in doing the detailing of a game that relies on darkness...and detail. Two things that are definitely counter intuitive to each other!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:54 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
Thanks don. From the feedback here, through the blog, and through the emails I've been getting I'm getting a much better understanding of the average darkness on peoples monitors. This is really going to help in doing the detailing of a game that relies on darkness...and detail. Two things that are definitely counter intuitive to each other!
i've filled it in now too, some of the video's i've seen have been too dark but i could probably just about make them out at night when there's no ambient light. Will you include colour controls? One of those bars where you have to adjust brightness until you can see the word STASIS - rgb 25,25,25 but not the shadow behind it - rgb 15,15,15, that sort of thing?
Old 05-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #163

Hi Pyke, here's my take on the brightness:

Collumn nine - I can't see anything (I can only "guess" the first cell)
Collumn eight - I can't see the 3rd cell and the 2nd and 7th cells are hard to see.
Collumn seven - the third cell is hard to spot, but it is still detectable.

I'm using a LG Flatron M2362D (FullHD 1080P), at 1920x1080, with a standard setting (100% of Backlight, 100% of Contrast, 50% of Brightness..).
Old 05-03-2011, 01:47 AM   #164

Thanks guys.
Im working on the brightness, and will probably have a setup like you mentioned in the beginning of the game.

FROM THE BLOG:

http://www.stasisgame.com/remote-terminal-interface/

REMOTE TERMINAL INTERFACE
Very productive weekend when it comes to STASIS! While the functionality of the puzzles for the first part of the game has been in place for a while, the rest of the interactivity hasnt been put in.
These are the things that really ‘flesh out’ adventure games for me. Reading what happens when an object is looked at, or interacted with. Things that go beyond the critical path, as well as giving the player clues about what to do next.
I have also added another tool to the captains arsenal of salvaging equipment. In addition to his goggles, which give him different ways of viewing objects, he has access to a REMOTE TERMINAL INTERFACE. What this is, is a portable computer pad which allows Hawking (the captains trusty ship) to interface with any terminal that has an open port.

Scanning a computer terminal will let you know if a port is open, and that Hawking can access it. He will automatically break through any security firewalls in place, and allow you to access terminal commands directly from your RTI.
Using the RTI is the same as any other item. You drag it from your inventory over the computer terminal. This is in going with my need to keep the interface completely clean, and not add in any extra commands that I don’t need to add.

nteracting with the RTI is very simple, and works just like a dialog tree (in fact, its using a modified version of Visionaires dialog engine).
The greyed out background still animates and moves when the RTI is active, which I feel is important in keeping the game ‘flowing’.

………………..
GIVING HAWKING A VOICE
Scanning objects will get you a voice feedback from Hawking, who is interfaced directly with most of the captains equipment. Think JARVIS from Iron Man, only with less sarcasm. Scanning an item will sometimes illicit a response directly from Hawking as to what the object is, or sometimes will cause the captain to ask Hawking a question about the object/area he is scanning.
Interestingly, after much playing around in Audacity, and FL Studio, I finally got to the perfect Hawking voice. Then I played CRYSIS 2 this weekend…and the CRYSIS Suit Voice is strikingly similar! Must be general good taste. The next video will have Hawkings voice, so you guys can judge for yourself. But yeah..its pretty awesome to hear him talk!
-Chris

Last edited by Pyke; 05-03-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #165

Default Finally! New blog post....

http://www.stasisgame.com/the-torn-airlock/

And new screenshot.

-Chris
Old 05-31-2011, 02:39 AM   #166

Blog post and new screenshot.

http://www.stasisgame.com/shuttle-interior-and-art-in-a-vacuum/

Old 06-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #167

Camp 731 is an area of the game that I have been working on quite extensively. Im not going to tell you guys just HOW it fits into the story-but it is there to provide an emotional anchor to the story-something I was getting worried that the game was lacking.
STASIS is so much more than just a -sci fi space ship’ game-I really cant wait for you guys to play it!

http://www.stasisgame.com/camp-731/
Old 06-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #168

^ Beautiful, as always.

Hehe... had Silent Running been mentioned in this thread, yet? Or am I assuming too much?

Last edited by ZeframCochrane; 06-15-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:16 AM   #169
Dr Uberman

Whoa, looks shit hot.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #170

okay it's final you're awesome.for a one man job this is beyond expectations.or at least in terms of artwork.

the last screen is really good and it also reminds me of the commandos games.any inspiration for the scenery from there maybe?

how long do you figure until a demo?
Old 06-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #171

Pyke man this is looking fabulous. I am beyond impressed, more than words can describe. When can we play?!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:56 AM   #172
It's Hard To Be Humble

That's a wonderful exterior scene. Any game that has more than one setting is twice as likely to engage me. I am greatly looking forward to the release of this game, Pyke.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #173
Stalker of Britain

Gorgeous, so detailed.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:24 AM   #174

Hey guys. Ive just gone through a marathon of email and forum replies, so please excuse the numerous typing mistakes I am bound to make!

Zefram, Im a massive fan of 1970's sci fi-so there may be some overflow from silent running in here somewhere! But the story of STASIS doesnt have an environmental message...infact, if I was going to pick a message throughout the game, its more in line with 'Humanities Redemption'. Cryptic eh?

jhetfield21, Commandoes is DEFINATELY an inspiration! I found a website ages ago that all of the Commandoes levels available as single MASSIVE Jpg's. I still look at those sometimes for inspiration!

The Rest Of You Guys, Thanks so much for taking the time to comment here. You guys have no idea how much it means to me to see people enjoying the artwork for this game. i just pray that you guys willl enjoy the game as much!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:22 AM   #175

well it shows.........it's funny,a week ago i was having a conversation with some of my friends from the university and Commandos came up.apparently there are a lot of fans out there.which really goes to show how good that game is.

i hope some day STASIS will be the center of a conversation like that too.it has that sort of aura to it.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post

i hope some day STASIS will be the center of a conversation like that too.it has that sort of aura to it.
Wow man. That would be something....

Another BLOG update, with some of the early development screens from the game:

http://www.stasisgame.com/the-story-so-far/
Old 06-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #177

Pyle, this game continues to look amazing. I've been following since last year and I continue to be impressed by the progress. Keep up the great work!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #178

so, how far through production is this now? Will we be seeing a 2011 release?
Old 07-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #179

Thanks guys.

marc, I really don't know. If I was working on the game full time, a 2011 release would definitely be on the table-but right now its a 'weekends and after hours' development, so its really up in the air about when I get to work on it.

Things have flown by in the past few weeks, with some drastic alterations to the games workings-alterations that will not only make this a better game, but also a more manageable process.

I wrote about it here: http://www.stasisgame.com/train-crash/
and added some new screenshots.

-Chris
Old 07-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
I found a website ages ago that all of the Commandoes levels available as single MASSIVE Jpg's.
Dude thanks so much for that recommendation, I never realized that game has excellent isometric reference!!

However the only site I can find is this one: http://commandoshq.net/screenshots_1.php
And it has some full-size images but they are pretty annoying to find through that massive screenshot gallery and they might not have all of them,
do you remember if that's where you found it from or was it somewhere else?

I'm really a huge fan of isometric
also if you have any similar great sources for isometric art please do tell