• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do we need to evaluate/discuss Daedalic’s achievements & future ?

Poll: What is your favourite Daedalic game so far?
Total Votes: 86
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
The Whispered World
A New Beginning
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes
Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Chaos on Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Memoria
Goodbye Deponia
Fire

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

anyways i am playing it, there is not damn word after the installation, interface/menu; nada!, and i love it .. Ungha Ungha  Cool

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

It’s a cool game. I wish it was longer, but that soundtrack!!! Awesome.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It definitely feels like an Amanita Design game by Daedalic, it’s pretty charming and entertaining and I agree that the soundtrack is really good.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 09 April 2015 02:36 PM

It definitely feels like an Amanita Design game by Daedalic, it’s pretty charming and entertaining and I agree that the soundtrack is really good.

big time agreeing, too!, also that what is we easily would have to expect from the composer of the amazing NoTR’ OST!!  (best of Daedalic soundtracks or at least with/at the same league of TWW’s OST) BIG-Time-IMO

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Two in two days! (games from Daedalic) Nerd Gasp , i wonder what/how they evaluated this*, and upon which idea of marketing they decided to do it, especially;  they had through more than a whole year, published two adventures only... But..
ANYWAYS;

Whos playing Dead Synchronicity right now?...
I installed it, but SINCE I haven’t finished Fire yet, and MY replay FOR Still Life; i wanna give Dead Synchronicity (when i am playing it) the most of dedication of my time, only!, without sharing it with any other ags (i mean), so i will run it, into 2-3 days after i am done with those two (mentioned before).

again whos playing?, and how do you enjoy it so far? i am sure Wilco, is on it, Tongue maybe finished it already!? Grin

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

As a backer I have the game installed and everything, but I haven’t actually had time to play it yet.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i finished the dead synchronicity beta a while ago, and i really liked it. Its well written, has a very good soundtrack, and has a lot of strong build-up.
My main complaint with it: it ends without resolution.. just as things are starting to really get interesting we get a “to be continued”. Still, what we have here is of good length.. just unfortunate that ends with a cliffhanger.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Playing Dead Synchronicity but still not finished.  Thumbs Up  so far. Very good!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I played a couple of hours but got stuck. Going to continue tomorrow.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Fire is not good at all. The art is worse than children’s TV, the puzzles tedious and plot silly. If they tried to copy Goblins, they botched it completely. The music is the only thing good about it.

Daedelic had better pick up their game. It’s as if they think their games are so charming and loved that they don’t need to put anything more than a basic effort into them. I’m not buying anything more from them until they prove they have returned to the quality of E&H and TWW.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Oscar - 10 April 2015 11:29 PM

Fire is not good at all. The art is worse than children’s TV, the puzzles tedious and plot silly. If they tried to copy Goblins, they botched it completely. The music is the only thing good about it.

goblins is the wrong expectation to take into it.
There are a few levels that are very good (mainly the shape changing and time travel level), and on the whole its a pretty nice short game. If youre expecting something on the scale of botanicula, you’ll be more likely to enjoy it.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I only got it because someone said it was like an Amanita game. Maybe it is, but Fire isn’t worth Botanicula’s left toenail, just like Deponia isn’t worth Monkey Island’s. Such comparisons count for little.

And I actually think it’s closer to Goblins (3) than Botanicula.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, Fire really is too short… It might be even shorter then Lilly Looking Through, and although some puzzles are interesting (time-travel, shape-shifting, music creatures and some scenes amusing cell phone, space travel it’s not as good as Amanita stuff.  3 screens structure limits the puzzles and that last level… I’ve seen repetition of puzzles and other games but usually with a new twist, not completely the same or easier..
It’s more like a solid tablet game like Tiny Thief.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just seen some game play…

Not to sound cruel or dismissive, but it looks like a quick flash game in its design and structure. That’s not to say they’re not good fun (Machinarium for example), but this one doesn’t seem to have that level of quality to be a retail title. Meh

Again, I’ve only seen a little bit of it, so don’t take it as a review. Just impressions.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Tad - 12 April 2015 08:02 PM

but this one doesn’t seem to have that level of quality to be a retail title. Meh

try to remember that it debuted at $9.99.
Its not a full length large title, and daedalic knows it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top