• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do we need to evaluate/discuss Daedalic’s achievements & future ?

Poll: What is your favourite Daedalic game so far?
Total Votes: 86
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
The Whispered World
A New Beginning
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes
Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Chaos on Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Memoria
Goodbye Deponia
Fire

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

oh thanks Sefir!

wilco - 06 February 2015 11:21 AM

Dead Synchronicity is being released April 10th

yes!, finally something ,dark as it gets!

that brings to my mind (something else) what is Martin Ganteföhr really cooking at the company right now? there hasn’t been any updates about his contribution at Daedalic so far!

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I’ve played quite a few of games in that list. I feel bad for saying this, I’ve never actually completed any of them and it’s very unlike me not to complete an Adventure. I’ve played almost every adventure game you can think of, with a few exceptions here and there, and the Daedalic games are definitely at the bottom of my list when it comes to enjoyable games. This is definitely personal preference because I can totally appreciate why people be love them. They do LOOK amazing. I can’t really put my finger on it but I guess the stories don’t intrigue me enough to continue and I end up giving up. Maybe i’ll come back to the Deponia trilogy one day…

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Sefir - 06 February 2015 11:20 AM
Advie - 06 February 2015 10:03 AM

ohh, me aswell, sefir Frown

Indeed I had Sefir. In fact, for some reason, I had totally forgotten about the whole “up in the attic” section of part one. I can remember the basement and front door recording parts along with getting out of Anna’s room so I’m not going completely gaga just yet and your picture has triggered a whole raft of memories of the attic part so thanks for that.

And thanks to Advie for his picture from the new game. Looks good.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

aaroncarney - 06 February 2015 02:26 PM

I’ve played quite a few of games in that list. I feel bad for saying this, I’ve never actually completed any of them and it’s very unlike me not to complete an Adventure. I’ve played almost every adventure game you can think of, with a few exceptions here and there, and the Daedalic games are definitely at the bottom of my list when it comes to enjoyable games. This is definitely personal preference because I can totally appreciate why people be love them. They do LOOK amazing. I can’t really put my finger on it but I guess the stories don’t intrigue me enough to continue and I end up giving up. Maybe i’ll come back to the Deponia trilogy one day…

its ok Aaron, you are not the only one who dislikes Daedalic or just don’t see them deserving this sorta praise, one of those is Jackal the chief around here, along with many others, and yea they are not strong on the stories but TTG are Tongue (pun intended)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Daedalic has been adopting Dead Synchronicity like its own baby for a while now; putting much weight over it, makes me feel satisfied and more guaranteed toward the game.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Advie - 25 March 2015 10:56 AM

Daedalic has been adopting Dead Synchronicity like its own baby for a while now; putting much weight over it, makes me feel satisfied and more guaranteed toward the game.

i anxiously await peoples reactions to dead synchronicity Tongue
For me, it represents a lot of the things i want to see in adventures.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Advie - 06 February 2015 05:00 PM

its ok Aaron, you are not the only one who dislikes Daedalic or just don’t see them deserving this sorta praise, one of those is Jackal the chief around here, along with many others, and yea they are not strong on the stories but TTG are Tongue (pun intended)

What on earth are you babbling about this time, Advie? Please don’t ever speak for me again; you’re terrible at it. Given the fact that I’ve actually worked with Daedalic on a number of titles, I think I’d know better than you how I feel about them. Shifty Eyed

What I will say is that I don’t blindly glorify any company. The games are what matter. Great games deserve praise; others deserve criticism; most deserve both. Daedalic is certainly not immune to criticism.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am done with clashing with you Jack, if your authority gives you the right to rebuke me that* hard, it am taking it.
but i am sorry ‘if’ i was putting words in your mouth.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

No, not my authority. My actual first-hand knowledge of what I do and don’t think. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Daedalic, and didn’t realize you were spreading blatant falsehoods about it here. There’s no “if” about it.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Tomorrow Daedalic set their long silence with Fire  Cool

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 08 April 2015 12:20 PM

And Dead Synchronicity Friday. It’s Daedalic week

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 08 April 2015 12:24 PM
Advie - 08 April 2015 12:20 PM

And Dead Synchronicity Friday. It’s Daedalic week

YEAH, but the difference that Fire will be added to the list above, Dead Synchronicity, not.  Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 08 April 2015 12:27 PM

YEAH, but the difference that Fire will be added to the list above, Dead Synchronicity, not.  Wink

You’re right! I thought Daedalic was also just publishing Fire but they are the developers.
Anyway, the game is up for pre-order on Steam. I’m hoping for something like Gobliiiiins.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 08 April 2015 12:37 PM

You’re right! I thought Daedalic was also just publishing Fire but they are the developers.
Anyway, the game is up for pre-order on Steam. I’m hoping for something like Gobliiiiins.

Best way to describe fire is its daedalics version of an amanita game (machinarium / botanicula)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 08 April 2015 12:37 PM
Advie - 08 April 2015 12:27 PM

The game support Arabic Language Gasp , never in my 28 years of adventuring had i encountered an ag that supports my native language, but i guess thats only due the fact that the game holds no dialogue, and it would only be a matter of menu/options-interface translation, but nevertheless, its exciting (for me).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top