• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I can understand them wanting to charge more than $25. Telltale’s games feel like an absolute steal at $25, it’s true, and it’s obviously a price-point that works for the mass market. But I think Chapters will appeal to a smaller audience, which means you’ve got to charge more. Not only that, but Chapters looks far more substantial a game than something like TWD. As much as I love TWD, it doesn’t have exploration, side missions, hub worlds, walking, talking NPCs etc.

I completely forgot how much I pledged—turns out it was $50. I was looking forward to the additional “making of” videos available at this tier, but I guess they’re coming after the game comes out(?), because all I’ve seen are the general dev diary vids available to everyone.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Honestly, with the amount of sales games have nowadays, retail price has no meaning.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

darthmaul - 11 October 2014 12:37 PM

Honestly, with the amount of sales games have nowadays, retail price has no meaning.

This is exactly why pricing is so important. Once upon a time, you’d just pay whatever ransom they wanted because you wanted the game. Now the “wait for sale” mentality is so prevalent that if you exceed people’s price point, they’ll all just wait around and you’ll miss those important full-price sales numbers.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Boy, the original Dreamfall has not aged very well, has it? I forgot just how much pointless filler fetch questing there was that adds nothing to the story. On the other hand there’s less combat and more traditional adventure puzzles than I remembered.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I replayed Dreamfall recently and thought it has aged pretty well actually. It even looks surprisingly good for such an old 3d game. Even the combat wasn’t as frustrating as I remembered and was pretty small part of the overall experience.

It does feel a bit empty at places though. The realtime environments aren’t used as efficiently as they could have, but I’d say it still is a solid 3 star game.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

tomimt - 18 October 2014 05:05 AM

I replayed Dreamfall recently and thought it has aged pretty well actually. It even looks surprisingly good for such an old 3d game. Even the combat wasn’t as frustrating as I remembered and was pretty small part of the overall experience.

This ^ and let met add that I actually and much to my surprise, quite liked the sneaking around parts.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I don’t remember ever being frustrated by the combat, it’s just not very well done.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Oh no, that troll part was absolutely appalling. Tried replaying the game a few months back and was enjoying reacquainting myself with the world and the story right up until that point and all of a sudden my desire to keep going came to a screeching halt. Probably save games or walkthroughs out there I could use to get past it, but I never bothered. I think other, newer games came around I was more interested in.

That’s more or less the only real bad moment for me, if I remember correctly from my first play through. Pretty sure I got through the rest of the game relatively unscathed.

Dreadful design decision. Wink

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

A.A - 18 October 2014 06:17 PM

Oh no, that troll part was absolutely appalling. Tried replaying the game a few months back and was enjoying reacquainting myself with the world and the story right up until that point and all of a sudden my desire to keep going came to a screeching halt.

I actually felt quite similar in my recent replay.
When I was getting nearer to this part, my hands began to sweat in fear of what I knew was coming, and I was seriously contemplating either finding a save game right after this or closely studying a walkthrough before even attempting this sneaking sequence, but I decided to give it a try and see if it was really as bad as I remembered.

And even though I couldn’t remember the puzzles or what you actually had to do to get through this, I managed it with only one single death, and thought to myself “Was that really it? Was this really what gave me so much trouble in my original playthrough? That was actually quite fun!”

I guess having played some non AG’s with far more difficult sneaking elements, perhaps combined with more experience in puzzle solving, had increased my skills to the point where I actually liked this part Smile

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Lucky you. I died about 7 times. That was enough for me.

Keep puzzles separate from threats of scary sneaky trolls thank you very much.Wink

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rel Tommorow, HYPE!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I had to google Dreamfall and horrible controls when I started playing it, and I found out about settings to make it work quite well like any MMO where you control your character from behind him/her. After that it was only that the actual combat was still clunky. But definitely playable. Exploring, sneaking and running worked quite fine as far as I recall. But I remember the troll part and found it slightly annoying so I definitely get that some people probably hit a wall there.

I didn’t start my replays yet, wont be ready for the first chapter. When it launches I have to stay away from these topics completely because this is definitely a game I don’t want to spoil even the slightest bit.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

So… You don’t want us to tell you whether it really was Brian Westhouse that killed the White of the Kin, or if it actually is Cortez that is the prophet?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Iznogood - 20 October 2014 10:24 AM

So… You don’t want us to tell you whether it really was Brian Westhouse that killed the White of the Kin, or if it actually is Cortez that is the prophet?

In that scene you can actually hear sound of Crow wings flapping.

Crow as playable character was also rumored right, as 3rd character.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 20 October 2014 11:09 AM

In that scene you can actually hear sound of Crow wings flapping.

Crow as playable character was also rumored right, as 3rd character.

Wings flapping? Yes
Crows wings flapping? Probably, though some have suggested that it might be The White who turned herself into a dragon and flew away from the danger. A bit far fetched perhaps, but we never actually see her get killed, and it is possible that she has somehow survived.
Crow as the culprit? Not bloody likely
Crow as a witness to the attack? Presumably
Crow as the 3rd playable character? Not very likely. I do however believe that it has been revealed to be a man, so it could be either Brian Westhouse, Cortez / The Prophet or perhaps a entirely new character.

Either way I don’t think all or even much of the many question we were left with, will be revealed already in the first book.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top