• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Dag - 05 December 2013 09:33 PM

Some review complained that this game was too easy, but I just had a good and hard struggle in Medovski’s study (the part with the cyrillic letters). I turned off the hints before starting the game, and I had a hard time with this. The year 1869 was the last bit of information on that paper I considered. Fortunately, I persevered and figured it out. Please tell me I wasn’t the only one to struggle with this bit?

Foot in mouth  Pan

I actually figured this puzzle out very fast for some reason, just took me a minute or so. It felt like a pretty familiar puzzle in some way.I did enjoy it though. It was pretty cool puzzle design, but really not that “logic”, so I can definitely see that some people might struggle with it.

However I must admit that the game is definitely not super easy. It is just about right. The only thing that may make the game a little bit easy is that puzzles can be solved by collecting inventory needed in the same scene, instead of back tracking between different locations.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Any words from revolution on when the higher resolution fix is ready?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Only thing we know is that Tony has said in his dev blog that the asset will be released “soon”.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2013-07-23

PM

i cant get subtitles in intro movie when i play recently,is there any fix for this

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Anyone with the gog version, check your account. A hefty update is available to download.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Dag - 05 December 2013 09:33 PM

Some review complained that this game was too easy, but I just had a good and hard struggle in Medovski’s study (the part with the cyrillic letters). I turned off the hints before starting the game, and I had a hard time with this. The year 1869 was the last bit of information on that paper I considered. Fortunately, I persevered and figured it out. Please tell me I wasn’t the only one to struggle with this bit?

Foot in mouth  Pan

Actually I found this puzzle pretty easy and obvious Tongue, but I had already found all the clues and deduced that 1869 was some kind of password before I even entered Medovsky’s study.

Overall I agree with the reviews, my main problem with BS5 is also that I found the puzzles to be too easy, but I still have hope that the difficulty will increase in the second part. I am especially looking forward too a puzzle based on the letter from the priest and perhaps clues from the painting in classic BS style.

Two other problems I have with BS5 is that it is very linear and each location is very small with only one or two screens per location, but this is as I recall, very common in the BS series, and is probably the main reason why the BS series has never been among my favourite series.

Overall I still like the game and the series, I’m just not as enthusiastic about it as some of you seems to be.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Out of curisoity for all who have completed, what kind of responses you managed to get from the merchant sign puzzle? Besides the right answer I managed to find Saladin of which George commented.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I also tried Saladin but I don’t recall getting any specific response from George?!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

George says something in the lines of how using the name Saladin could give a wrong impression.

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

I was so caught up in the story I lost track of time anyhow I have finished episode 1 and loved it…can’t wait for episode 2 to arrive Smile

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Guys,is the game out in retail version?And if yes,where can I get it from in retail version instead of download?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If there is a boxed copy of it, it will come out only after part 2 has been released. That’s when KS backers who selecte a boxed copy will get their copy of it.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Only the Kickstarter backers?! It won’t come out for the public as well?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

You’d have to as Revolution about that. I can’t recall if they said anything about selling BS5 as boxed version as well. The boxed verison on KS is backer exlusive and at least that version won’t be sold outside the KS.

I do know that there was a boxed version released of Larry Reloaded, at least in US and Germany, so there might be a change that Revolution might do follow Replays’s footsteps on that.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The chance are they’ll be a boxed version eventually. There has seen of every game they’ve made so far.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top