You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Deus Ex: Human Revolution

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #81

There's a demo?

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 07-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #82
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
There's a demo?
The "demo" is a leaked beta version that was given out to a few people for early reactions etc.

The funny part of the story is that initially Square (of course) wasn't happy about the leak. But after hearing all the positive feedback they were getting on the early build from people who downloaded it, they decided it ended up being good publicity.

Now they are only going after the individuals who leaked it while they have actually condoned people talking about it on their own forums.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:39 AM   #83

Oh yeah i heard of that. Anything about a leak I hate. It was bad enough that it effed over Half-Life 2 and all the features and maps that were removed, but I'm glad that people who actually played it outside of e3 enjoyed it.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #84
kamikaze hummingbirds

I keep resisting the temptation to even check out videos of the leak. I'm confident that this will be verging on the level of the first (if not actually on that level).
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #85
merely human

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Classified Information trailer

Deus Ex: Human Revolution review scores 94 and an Editor’s Choice award in PC Gamer | PC Gamer

Quote:
We deliver our verdict on Deus Ex: Human Revolution in the latest issue of PC Gamer UK, which will hit news stands next Wednesday August 3. We awarded it a score of 94 and an Editor’s Choice award.

In the huge, eight-page review Tom befriends turrets, throws vending machines off buildings, hacks into security terminals, resolves hostage situations and dismembers foes with augmented fist-chisels to conclude that Human Revolution “is absolutely the Deus Ex of our age, a genuinely worthy prequel, and a game that puts almost everything else in the genre to shame.”
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-05-2011, 03:13 AM   #86
kamikaze hummingbirds

I actually have a slight urge to pre-order it again.

These recent trailers have really delivered what I wanted to see and felt was somewhat lacking in the earlier ones.

A fine example of listening to the fans without stupidly pandering to them.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #87
Psychonaut

To try and get the original Deus Ex feeling back I bought this--

http://eye.streumon-studio.com/

on Steam.

Great little game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o7E4vNmmN4
Old 08-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #88
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
To try and get the original Deus Ex feeling back I bought this--

http://eye.streumon-studio.com/

on Steam.

Great little game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o7E4vNmmN4
Never heard of this but it looks great. Thanks for the heads up!

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #89
Schattenjäger

Oh, iv been playing E.Y.E. as well actually. They have alot of great ideas... but unfortunately its lacking quite a bit of execution. Its very confusing and theres tons of different things to learn. Its also pretty buggy.. and theres a lack of ammo with infinite spawning enemies... but the atmosphere and concept is very cool. The powers are quite fun and theres definitely potential.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #90
A Slice of Fried Gold

Yeah, I've been playing E.Y.E. as well and I'd agree with you 100%. It can be fun but it's definitely something you need to invest a lot of time and patience in, and for me personally, it just doesn't seem like it'll be worth the effort it takes. I don't regret buying it but it doesn't really seem like something I'll be coming back to, especially with a real Deus Ex so close to release.

The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 08-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #91
kamikaze hummingbirds

The official forum has compiled a few of the reviews.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118921

I had faith in this from the start -- but I'm pleasantly surprised with a lot of statements that it lives up to the original Deus Ex.

Now to wait impatiently for my pre-order.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #92

Next tuesday!

Old 08-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #93
A Slice of Fried Gold

I've put a few hours into my review copy and I'm loving it. Any worries you might have about this not feeling like Deus Ex can be squashed, this is clearly the work of people who understand and love the series. The levels are large and open, encouraging and rewarding exploration, and you really do have a choice of approaching each mission the way you want to approach it. And from what I've seen so far, there's a lot of flexibility in the way missions play out. In the first one, you have to save some hostages being held captive in a factory. I spent too much time exploring the hub world and by the time I got to the factory, the hostages had been killed. No game over but I sure felt like a dick.

The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 08-19-2011, 01:38 AM   #94
merely human

Deus Ex: Human Revolution review - 94% in GM
| computerandvideogames.com

Quote:
The latest Deus Ex: Human Revolution magazine review has arrived, and it delivers another fantastic score for the RPG.

The new issue of Games Master awards Deus Ex a massive 94% score, calling the new entry "an incredible piece of game-making; it's the revival Deus Ex always deserved."

The mag concludes by calling the Square Enix shooter "a once-in-a-generation kind of game, and the first game in a decade to do everything the original Deus Ex did, and to do almost all of it better."

GM's verdict is just the latest in a pile of golden review scores for Human Revolution, including a 10/10 from Official Xbox Magazine, 8/10 from Official PlayStation Magazine and 94% from PC Gamer.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-19-2011, 04:05 AM   #95

Ugh. I'll cling to my doubts about massively overhyped sequels with numbers and reconcile myself to DX 2 meanwhile. Yahtzee knows all the shooter reviewers are the paid d*suckers of the evil games industry anyway.

In just a few days we'll all be able to make up our own minds.

Release dates (Wikipedia):
Quote:
NA August 23, 2011
AU August 25, 2011
EU August 26, 2011
JP September 8, 2011
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Minimum PC Specs:
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with DirectX 9.0c
PROCESSOR: 2 GHz dual core
RAM: 1 GB RAM (Windows XP) / 2 GB (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8000 series or ATI Radeon HD 2000 series or better
REQUIRED DISC SPACE: 8.5 GB
Old 08-19-2011, 04:26 AM   #96
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoipolloi View Post
Yahtzee knows all the shooter reviewers are the paid d*suckers of the evil games industry anyway.
Yahtzee? You trust him? Sorry, but personally I don't waste my time reading one paragraph reviews by a perpetually PMSing douche crab whiner who has probably never had anyone other than himself touch himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he's like that because he never got comps to the first few E3s and is still holding the torch. (nerds never were able to handle their emotions in a mature manner)

I'm more likely to trust the more than handful of veteran gamers (i.e. those who were in their 20s when the first DX debuted) and those who got their hands on the leaked beta and posted their impressions of it.

I also watched the walkthrough part 1 (leaked beta). I played the first DX back in 2000 and HR feels a lot like it on a gut level, but the 21st century polished and updated version of it.

Screw Yahtzee. I'm going with my gut on this one. And my gut feels good.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #97

Just for the sake of nitpicking: Why do I have Sam Fisher déj* vu - ouch, what is this, enforced 3rd person mode for sneak attacks? - every time I see or hear Adam... now why am I thinking Bioshock?

Separated in the insemination tube?

From what I can tell by the trailer and the "official" screenshots, my old friend the eye-watering bloom from DX 2 is going to be heavily overused once more. I can hardly tell the concepts from the trailer screenshots. Oh my, they've composed background music for firefights and HACKING - the Cinematic Approach! THAT'S WHAT I HATED IN TOMB RAIDER!

Hm, the Purity First Propaganda Trailer is something everone who can stand it should see. They definitely know how to make MOVIES!

As for glorious wanker Yahtzee, what makes you think I trust his nonexisting taste? Of all the games he has already savaged and I know, I must say though, he's right. If he starts churning out good reviews, you can be sure he's been bought. Like all the rest.

BTW, I'm looking foreward to Deus Ex Three, too - looks like it could be a decent game!

Last edited by Hoipolloi; 08-19-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #98

No resemblance to Sam Fisher what so ever, unless you're blind.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #99
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Yahtzee? You trust him? Sorry, but personally I don't waste my time reading one paragraph reviews by a perpetually PMSing douche crab whiner who has probably never had anyone other than himself touch himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he's like that because he never got comps to the first few E3s and is still holding the torch. (nerds never were able to handle their emotions in a mature manner)

I'm more likely to trust the more than handful of veteran gamers (i.e. those who were in their 20s when the first DX debuted) and those who got their hands on the leaked beta and posted their impressions of it.

I also watched the walkthrough part 1 (leaked beta). I played the first DX back in 2000 and HR feels a lot like it on a gut level, but the 21st century polished and updated version of it.

Screw Yahtzee. I'm going with my gut on this one. And my gut feels good.
Of course, it could just possibly be that Yahtzee's style is largely a construct, or an elaborate joke.

Regardless of that, though, I take issue with your lazy, stereotyped dismissal of Croshaw. Personally I also ignore most of what he writes, but your attack on him is pathetic, cheap and crass. Feel free to disagree with his persona, or to say something sensible and constructive in arguing against his position, but don't just spout made-up rubbish. If you want people to take what you have to say seriously, that is.

1. I'm not sure that whether someone has "been touched" is of any relevance when it comes to their ability to judge video games.

2. Leaving aside your use of the term "nerd" - and does this actually have any great meaning nowadays? (Are people who play video games nerds? If so, isn't everyone on this forum a nerd?) - suggesting that no "nerd" could ever be capable of dealing with emotions in a "mature" manner (whatever that means) is such a sweeping generalisation that it can only be either inherent in your definition (which would be odd), or just silly.

3. Additionally, your definition of "veteran gamer" is odd, if you're judging experience purely on age. There are many, many people who started playing games in the 80s and early 90s who would have had ten years of gaming experience under their belts before Deus Ex was released. There are also lots of articulate, thoughtful people who fall into this category despite only being in their twenties even now.

That said, I agree with you about the coverage of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I've actually yet to see anything substantially negative about it, and am looking forward to playing it next week...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Last edited by RLacey; 08-19-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #100
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoipolloi View Post
BTW, I'm looking foreward to Deus Ex Three, too - looks like it could be a decent game!
I intuit there will be a DX3. There has to be.

Quote:
I seriously wanna play a Gene Simmons Jensen. But there's no fecking way he would be a stealth/hacker/social character. Full out guns and ass kickin' all the way, baby!