View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 04:26 AM   #96
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoipolloi View Post
Yahtzee knows all the shooter reviewers are the paid d*suckers of the evil games industry anyway.
Yahtzee? You trust him? Sorry, but personally I don't waste my time reading one paragraph reviews by a perpetually PMSing douche crab whiner who has probably never had anyone other than himself touch himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he's like that because he never got comps to the first few E3s and is still holding the torch. (nerds never were able to handle their emotions in a mature manner)

I'm more likely to trust the more than handful of veteran gamers (i.e. those who were in their 20s when the first DX debuted) and those who got their hands on the leaked beta and posted their impressions of it.

I also watched the walkthrough part 1 (leaked beta). I played the first DX back in 2000 and HR feels a lot like it on a gut level, but the 21st century polished and updated version of it.

Screw Yahtzee. I'm going with my gut on this one. And my gut feels good.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien