You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Last finished game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 01:06 AM   #281

Mario Kart DS - Fun game, if you liked the old kart games you'll love this one. New drivers, maps, and modes. Fun time to be had.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:55 AM   #282
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

Broken Sword II (last for me in series, I have played 1st BS III, then BS I, then BS IV and now II ) and I have to say that if I knew in BS III that Lobinou (whatever name was) wanted Nico in 2rd part I'd smashed my monitor.
In general, game was ok, a little frustrating because of George and Nico relationship and pretty easy I must say... I have finished it in just one day...wierd...But still at the end of the game they didn't brake up, so why the hell they did? Shame...
Wishlist: Belief & Betrayal, Gabriel Knight Series, Black Dahlia ...
Old 04-30-2007, 07:27 AM   #283

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Resident Evil 4 (8/10)
Decent actiongame with an uninspired chliché plot. The lack of continuity felt like the greatest turnoff in this otherwise well praised game. In one moment you are fighting infested villagers in a not so friendly rural area, the next time you are in a well kept, well decorated, expensively decorated castle that also have a cellar filled with lava and it's own rollercoaster system!? A large part of the game consists of chasing down gold coins, gold coffers, gold bars and combineable treasure, which you can sell at well scattered merchants. All of that removes the feel that you are playing a survival horror game and I do not know what's left of it. It's definitely not a scary game. Still a decent actiongame though.
Note: I also finished the Separate Ways expansion.

Last edited by JemyM; 04-30-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #284
prodigal gamer, returned

I finished Broken Sword 1 (GBA version on DS) on Friday. It seemed short, but was a lot of fun. I want to play the PC version now, so I can see the cutscenes.

Also, I finished Okami about a week before that. I logged just under 80 hours on that one. That game is astounding.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:42 PM   #285

The last game I finished was... a few hours ago. I finished The Secret of Monkey Island for the first time and its one of the best adventure games I've probably ever played. Anyways it was great. 9/10
Old 05-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #286
Passion Adventurist

Sanitarium. I mean...great game reaally. I now understand most of you talking about this game. Sweet!...
Old 05-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #287
ssa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
Sanitarium. I mean...great game reaally. I now understand most of you talking about this game. Sweet!...
Good for you! What's next on your list?

I've just finished Phantasmagoria. Much better than I'd expected. Lots of goryness. Which to me isn't really scary, just...gory. Nevertheless, I liked it even though there weren't any puzzles.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #288
Passion Adventurist

Well, there's Destination: Treasure Island and Missing: Since January, but I am playing, as you can see, Black & White 1.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #289

Splinter Cell Double Agent (7/10)
This would have been a 9 if it wasnt for the extremely bad PC port. I have had the game installed for ages but it's first now I got it to work until the end. I have to say that Splinter Cell 3 was better, but SC4 is not a bad game. I am glad I kept on trying.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #290
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Just finished Shadow Hearts:Covenant for the PS2. Its a great sequel to an already amazing fantasy RPG!
Old 05-05-2007, 02:34 AM   #291
Party On Dudes

canis canem edit

loved it, very original and fun to play throughout. loved kicking the crap out of people for no reason then trying to kick the crap out of teachers. always brought a smile to my face

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 05-05-2007, 06:55 AM   #292
Look behind you!

Call of Duty 2. A great game... so much fun to kill nazis.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #293

Default Nibiru: Age of Secrets

I just finished Nibiru and found it surprisingly entertaining and certainly worth the $10.

The art in many instances is excellent and the movements of some characters amazingly fluid and realistic. Nibiru has a “no frills” feel to it. Sometimes the screen is actually blank while the lead voice gives a monologue about events about to unfold. The voice acting of the lead, Rory O’Shea, is flawless IMO and utterly solid throughout. He gives the game credibility as does the art and a few well-conceived puzzles that have a sound tract I recognize from Riven. Nibiru’s ending is a non-event but getting there was a lot of fun.

I've just started Lights Out ... very nicely done, so far, in creating a mysterious mood!

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 05-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #294

I just finished Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter for the first time.

It was an excellent game. It's a shame that dying is so easy in the game though. I never really cared for the "save early, save often" type of gameplay.

I guess that's the reason why until now the only Sierra game I ever completed was Freddy Pharcas: Frontier Pharmacist.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:41 AM   #295

Destination: Treasure Island
AdventureGamers.com Review

Really great game thou. I spent about 8-9h to complete this. For me, it wasnt short, just fair. Atmosphere was so great, thanks to the music and graphics.
This years best game i've played, for sure.

Gameplay: 7/10
Sound/Voiceacting: 8/10
Graphics: 9/10
Story: 7/10
Puzzles: 7/10

Difficulty: Easy

My Score: 8/10

Old 05-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #296

I completed Space Quest II: Vohaul's Revenge

It had a good storyline, but the puzzles were a step backwards. There were also way too many pixel hunts for my liking.

I can see why fans like this series though - the story is engrossing, even in these early games.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #297

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (6/10)
Interesting game. Rape, nazism, torture etc... every taboo in the book. Decent graphics for it's time but not a game I would recommend to just anyone.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:18 AM   #298
Psychonaut

Finally got round to completing Secret Files: Tunguska.

Even though it took me forever to do it, that's not an indication of the quality of the game and more an inication of my laziness in finishing games recently. (too may games not enough time)

Overall I did enjoy it.

7/10
Old 05-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #299
Lovable rogue

I finished Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All yesterday, which inspired me to go back and finish the last case of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney this morning, and I just finished Red Steel about five minutes ago.

I had fun with them all, and now I must go and buy some more games to play as I'm fresh out.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 05-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #300
Passion Adventurist

Sherlock Holmes: The case of the Silver Earring.
Interesting game... It's hard for me these days to concentrate and play games. This one woke up my interest in games again.