You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Last finished game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #321
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
Do not forget that I ran through Zero last week.

But you are right, I do nothing but play games all day every day. At least during the summer.
How I envy you
Old 06-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #322
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Do not forget that I ran through Zero last week.

But you are right, I do nothing but play games all day every day. At least during the summer.
So do you use cheats or walkthroughs or something? Because that rhythm is just crazy.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #323
Look behind you!

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars 5/5

At the beginning of the game, I didn't know what the big fuss was about. But as I got into it, and the puzzles started coming at me. I saw this game for what it was: a classic. I'm playing the sequel now.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #324

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra View Post
So do you use cheats or walkthroughs or something? Because that rhythm is just crazy.
No cheats, but I play on easy and use walkthroughs. I play storydriven games for the story/experience, not so much the challenge. I have so many games to play that I try to get as much done on the first run as possible.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:47 AM   #325
gin soaked boy

Well, it's still an impressive feat. I don't envy your eyes.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #326
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

F.E.A.R.

Not a bad game. I certainly appreciated the horror element. The gun action was nothing groundbreaking, unfortunately. (The pistol was pretty cool, though.) In the age of Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, older graphics certainly don't hold up, and I didn't think the visuals were good even for a 2-year old game. Still, they got the job done.

Graphical griping aside, this is the sort of game that must be measured in extremes: Extremely creepy, extremely hard, and extremely worth the money I spent.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
F.E.A.R.

Not a bad game. I certainly appreciated the horror element. The gun action was nothing groundbreaking, unfortunately. (The pistol was pretty cool, though.) In the age of Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, older graphics certainly don't hold up, and I didn't think the visuals were good even for a 2-year old game. Still, they got the job done.

Graphical griping aside, this is the sort of game that must be measured in extremes: Extremely creepy, extremely hard, and extremely worth the money I spent.
Then you are off to the expansion and I also recomend Condemned.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 AM   #328
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I'm certainly going to buy the expansion pack, yes. I haden't looked into Condemned previously but it looks pretty good. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:25 AM   #329

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (9/10)
After the remake the best game in the series, also one of the longer. Best told story, most memorable villians. Harder than the rest.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:31 PM   #330

I just finished Shivering Isles, the expansion pack to Oblivion. I enjoyed the insanity.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #331
Master of time and space

God of War - The nice environments, gore and story saved it from becoming repetitive. All in all I'd recommend this game to all action adventure lovers who aren't afraid of a little blood. This is a 8 out of 10.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #332
gin soaked boy

I-Ninja is done and so am I. That sure was challenging, but also a lot of fun. And a lot of cursing. Oh boy, so much cursing...
Old 06-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #333

Final Fantasy VII (10/10)
I believe this might very well be the longest game I ever played. I started to play the day after I finished Code Veronica X, exactly two weeks ago and I have played between 6-16 hours per day. I did pretty much everything there was in the game, except for chocobo breeding and the last two weapons (Emerald & Ruby). And what can I say... the brick-models did not look good, the RPG mechanics were pretty weak compared to the RPG's I enjoy... howevevr, I do not believe I exaggerate when I say that this game carry one of the best written stories of all time, one that every serious gamer should experience once in their lives.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:32 AM   #334
Lazy Bee

The Moment of Silence
A game very much to my liking: interesting story, good do-able puzzles (although there was a little too much running around in the very end at the Alaskan dome) and a likeable protagonist. I liked the music as well.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #335
Second Degree Black Belt

The last game I finished was Return to Mysterious Island. I likes it, I might play it again soon.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 06-21-2007, 10:00 PM   #336
Cheese Pants King

Send a message via Yahoo to Endosanity

Finished:

Scratches: Great game. I'll end up getting the Director's Cut when the re-release it. Not to hot on buying then having to download a 500Mb upgrade patch.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:08 AM   #337
Master of time and space

Quote:
Final Fantasy VII (10/10)
I believe this might very well be the longest game I ever played. I started to play the day after I finished Code Veronica X, exactly two weeks ago and I have played between 6-16 hours per day. I did pretty much everything there was in the game, except for chocobo breeding and the last two weapons (Emerald & Ruby). And what can I say... the brick-models did not look good, the RPG mechanics were pretty weak compared to the RPG's I enjoy... howevevr, I do not believe I exaggerate when I say that this game carry one of the best written stories of all time, one that every serious gamer should experience once in their lives.
I agree FF7 has one of the most well written stories I've experienced in a game. I also enjoyed FF8 and is currently playing FF10 which so far (6h into the game) hasn't caught my interest the way 7 & 8 did. I also agree the brick models didn't look good. I thought the game looked like crap even back in 1997 when I played it. I also prefer the mode "adult" models used in FF8 and FF10 compared to the "child" models used in FF7 (and I think FF9 which I haven't played).
Old 06-22-2007, 03:24 AM   #338

Send a message via MSN to I Love Cookiemonster

Fallout, just finished 20/25 minutes ago. to bad i got a sound problem in the ending animation
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah but you can call me Cookie
Old 06-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #339
Master of time and space

Gears of War on hardcore. Played split-screen with a friend. 8/10. I'm pulling one point for linearity, half a point for the lacking story line and another half for not letting us play on insane mode from the start (you have to finish the game on hard core first !?). Since I seldom wish to play a game more than once I find these restriction highly annoying !
Old 06-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #340

Just finished up Resistance: Fall of Man in co-op mode on the PS3 with my wife. Played it on easy difficulty, I'm not too experienced (nor am I particularly good yet) at these kinds of games.

Next I'll be borrowing an extra controller and Gears of War from my little brother.

I'd give Resistance 8/10 - first time I ever complete an FPS actually. Story wasn't all that, but it controlled well, and had excellent graphics. I never would've played through it in single player mode, as I'm usually not too fond of these games. But co-op is always fun.