You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Last finished game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #301

I'm still going through my Sierra adventure game playing blitz.

Just finished Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards.

Like all early Sierra games, a lot of the puzzles are non-sensical. But the storyline in Leisure Suit Larry is fun. At the very least it's neat to go back and play these through these really early adventure games to see how game design has changed over the years.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #302

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Phantasmagoria (5/10)
I had promised myself to play Phantasmagoria during this summer, and now it's done. One of Sierras experimental games and probably one of the worst from them.

Phantasmagoria 2 next.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #303
gin soaked boy

NOLF 2. I liked it a lot, but I still think the first one was better. Sure, the graphics have improved a little and gameplay has been made less frustrating (and, consequentially, less rewarding), but the first one had more memorable levels, better boss enemies, a much better presented story, paid more attention to characters and adventure elements in general. Still, a good sequel and I'd definitely want to see the series revived.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:04 AM   #304

Phantasmagoria II: Puzzle of Flesh (7/10)
Overall a better game than it's prequel, first thanks to a much better story that is actually quote exciting, second thanks to better technology used in how the game blend with FMV sequences. Not the greatest game ever made though but decent for a adventurefan.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #305

Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel

This has the best storyline of all the early Sierra games I've played so far, but it is by far the most frustrating. The driving scenes are irritating. Also, while I don't like the save early, save often mentality of the early Sierra games, I can live with it. However, I hate dead ends - I had to restart Police Quest from scratch three times due to dead ends. I especially hate it when the dead ends make no sense - such as the fact that you get stuck if you have no wallet even though you have an envelope of 100 dollar bills.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDread View Post
Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel

This has the best storyline of all the early Sierra games I've played so far, but it is by far the most frustrating. The driving scenes are irritating. Also, while I don't like the save early, save often mentality of the early Sierra games, I can live with it. However, I hate dead ends - I had to restart Police Quest from scratch three times due to dead ends. I especially hate it when the dead ends make no sense - such as the fact that you get stuck if you have no wallet even though you have an envelope of 100 dollar bills.
Now try Codename Iceman.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #307

I finished Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords earlier this week.

I give it 4 out of 5 Stars, and will say that it's a worthy sequel to Knights of the Old Republic. It's got a great Story, great voice acting, and very good gameplay. The only flaw I could see in the game is that it was definitely rushed to stores because there were some side-quests I played in the game that weren't finished, even though I did everything I was supposed to, and the Light-Side ending wasn't as satisfying as it could've been. It was just anti-climatic.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #308

Mr. Smoozles Goes Nutso. Excellent game. The Revolution injokes made me laugh out loud, literally. It's been quite a while since a game's done that.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:04 AM   #309

Resident Evil Zero (9/10)
After playing the more hyped Resident Evil 4 I wasnt expecting much, but RE0 was to me a better game. Great horror atmosphere and well presented main characters. Unlike RE4 the environments and loot felt like it all fit in and the story was ok. Looking forward to take up the RE1 Remake next!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #310
Homer of Kittens

God of War 2:
9.5/10

Excellent story, great puzzles, epic scale, visceral and satisfying fighting, this is one of the best action-adventure games ever made.

Firefox rules
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #311
Master of time and space

Command and Conquer 3 - Tiberium Wars
as GDI on Hard (XBOX 360).

Grade: 7 / 10

Definately the best of the three taking place in the "Tiberium era". I'm knocking one point off for the story being a little unsatisfactory (compared with for example StarCraft or WarCraft 3), another point for some precision issues using the controller and the last point for the somewhat naive A.I.

I'm glad the Ion cannon FINALLY got beefed up enough to actually look and feel almost as powerful as the FMV's tries to make it look. The previous games just had an embarrassing little beam pointed at one structure. This time it looks, sounds and feels destructive.

A downside is that the Mammoth tanks are once again an unstoppable force. Most missions from mid to end game basically revolve around staying alive long enough to produce 15 - 20 Mammoth tanks and then you're unstoppable. Since Mammoth tanks can take on ALL kinds of units they're the only thing one needs to concentrate on. The ONLY unit that can stand up to the Mammoth tank is the Scrin tripod, but the AI rarely produce enough of those to stand up against a 20 units Mammoth tank rush.

Bottom point is. This game is probably superb when playing with or against friends. As a single player game it's fun enough.

I'm off to finish it on hard as NOD now

*edit*
After playing through a couple of missions as NOD I realize I've might have been too hasty pulling a grade point because of the lacking story. The NOD campaign seems to be a complement to the GDI and knowing that I reckon playing as the Scrin will put some kind of fulfillness to the story. In short I should've finished the game with all the factions before grading this game.

Me

Last edited by MdaG; 06-01-2007 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:43 AM   #312
Look behind you!

The Dig (4/5)

I'm now wondering why Gamespot gave this game such a low score. It's one of the deepest games I've ever played. I mean, sure, some (or most.. I'm not sure which one) of the puzzles were very difficult but everything else in it was great. A good change from the typical LucasArts games (not to say anything is wrong with those games).
Old 05-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #313

Resident Evil (10/10)
I played the GameCube version (the remake) as Jill. What can I say? There are no problems with this game. Maybe a few puzzlerooms did not feel like they belonged in the mansion, but the story was nice, the character development was good and the game looks fantastic for it's age (even the remake have a few years of age now). I did not bother with replaying the game as Chris, instead I watched his unique scenes (with Rebecca for example) on youtube. Im off to Resident Evil 2 now.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #314
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand maester View Post
The Dig (4/5)

I'm now wondering why Gamespot gave this game such a low score. It's one of the deepest games I've ever played. I mean, sure, some (or most.. I'm not sure which one) of the puzzles were very difficult but everything else in it was great. A good change from the typical LucasArts games (not to say anything is wrong with those games).
The Dig is my favorite LucasArt adventure. The only game that have been close to it is Myst IV - Revelation (in my opinion of course) and maybe Black Mirror.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #315

Resident Evil 2 (8/10)
RE2 have aged a bit since it came and unfortunally the story isnt satisfying enough to make the game perfect as it's prequels, but it was still an ok experience. I am looking forward to Code Veronica, but first RE3.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:42 AM   #316
Passion Adventurist

Send a message via MSN to Hysteria

Sherlock Holmes - case of the rose tattoo - For me, I have finished it. But in real, I didn't. Too many bugs and with loader etc I couldn't make it.
All in all, it would be a good game.
Wishlist: Belief & Betrayal, Gabriel Knight Series, Black Dahlia ...
Old 06-03-2007, 06:30 AM   #317

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (8/10)
Slightly more rewarding than RE2 and less aged but the story was still not as interesting as the first games (zero and the remake). Looking forward to Code Veronica X now.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #318
Psychonaut

Wow JemyM do you do nothing but play games all day every day.

3 Resi Evil games in 3 days.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Wow JemyM do you do nothing but play games all day every day.

3 Resi Evil games in 3 days.
Do not forget that I ran through Zero last week.

But you are right, I do nothing but play games all day every day. At least during the summer.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #320
kamikaze hummingbirds

Hitman: Contracts: 7.9/10

Very good, though CRIMINALLY short