You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Last finished game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #481
JKR

Just finished Tony Hawk Project 8. Good game. Definitely better than the last two or three, which I thought were terrible compared to THPS2, 3, and 4.

Now I have to break into the top 4 of Project 8, and go on to become #1! (Ha ha, no, I'm not that good...)
Old 12-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #482
Master of time and space

Halo 3 (8/10 SP) and (10/10 MP)
This is basically Halo 2 goes HD. The game is beautiful, even more so than Bioshock or Gears of War. The story is as fast paced as in the previous games and if you're not a native english speaker (like me) it's way too easy to miss vital plot points.
e.g.
Spoiler:
What the hell happened in the end? How did the Arbiter and Master Chief get separated? If the portal separated them, then how did the Arbiter survive? What did the Halo do to eradicate the flood without glassing the entire galaxy? What was the secret of the Ark? What did Truth dig out on earth? Where did that portal lead? etc. etc.

Anyway this game reminds me a little of Gears of War. The game play is superb, but the story feels second hand. Bungie did however deliver a more fleshed out story than Epic. The multi player part is great fun and if you like that sort of thing, then Halo 3 is a ten.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #483

Scurge Hive, a good Action/Adventure with a neat twist that makes the game more intense. The controls take a while to get used to but it's a fun game nontheless 7/10
Magical Starsign, a RPG with some old-school elements, fun if you enjoy the battle system and doesn't take itself seriously. 8/10
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja, brutal, down to the roots Roguelike. The game is as hard-as-nails and it really, really plays like a Rogue game. It separates the casual from the hardcore with it's difficulty and lack of different weapons. 8.2/10 - may differ depending on if the player enjoys the type of game and the difficulty.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #484
Master of time and space

Quote:
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja, brutal, down to the roots Roguelike. The game is as hard-as-nails and it really, really plays like a Rogue game. It separates the casual from the hardcore with it's difficulty and lack of different weapons. 8.2/10 - may differ depending on if the player enjoys the type of game and the difficulty.
You finished a roguelike? *impressed*
I got to the end of the fire temple in ADOM after an infinite number of tries, that the closest I've ever been to finishing a roguelike.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:13 AM   #485
Squeaky

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Great. I loved almost every minute of it, aside from the frustratingly difficult first couple of hours of play. For my money, it's like an improved and more atmospheric version of Deus Ex, and got better and better as the game progressed. Looking forward to the prequel being released next year.

9/10
Old 12-17-2007, 06:55 AM   #486

Never played ADOM, but I'm willing to try.
Izuna may be a bit easier than ADOM or the others. it only has 7 dungeons with a bonus 8th. The last one lasts 40 levels.
I played Doom: RL up to the 12th level.
I remember playing Nethack and getting as far as Level 12
Old 12-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #487

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

Final Fantasy XII 9.0
Finally... I started this at the end of the summer and I did not finish it until now. Except for skipping some of the best weapons and the four +1 million HP optional bosses, I finished everything there was in the game.
The twelfth game in the FF series makes a major improvement in mechanics and graphics. Playwise it's one of the best RPG's out there, reminding me more about an MMORPG than a single-player RPG and larger than many MMORPG's out there!
It is also the longest RPG I have ever played, beating games like Baldurs Gate II and Oblivion in gaming hours. Unfortunately the characters are not half as well presented as with previous games which I "only" gave this game a 9. The main character hardly have a role at all, it's he just along for the ride. Storywise it's pretty good though even if it's obvious they are deeply DEEPLY inspired by Star Wars.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:47 AM   #488

F.E.A.R: Perseus Mandate 5.0
I have played both F.E.A.R and the expansion Extraction Point. The first game was decent. I enjoyed the horror but it was a bit repetitive killing soldiers that felt they where just thrown in as cannon fodder. The story was nice though. The expansion were a bit weak but at least it continued the story. FEAR Perseus Mandate have no saving qualities except for maybe a pair of cool scenes and a FPS Engine that at least appear to be bug-free and solid. Let's see... except that the story is almost nonexistant and not connected to the previous games, the graphics looks like the game is 4 years old and produced by a bunch of mod-makers, not a professional team. The graphics is actually WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL GAME. I do not know how they managed that. The "scares" were not as nice as the original game either. They were rather few. Also it was actually possible to miss the scares because you were looking in the wrong direction when their animation played up and all you notice is that you get static radio contact. In the previous games you never missed the scares because they were played up in front of the player. The levels were uninspired with the same old areas that were present in the previous two and nothing really new. Offices, Storage Buildings, Underground, Sewer... At least the game was entertaining and short enough for me to finish it. I cannot even recommend F.E.A.R Perseus Mandate for fans unless you get it really cheap and REALLY want another F.E.A.R game.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #489
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Half-Life 2: Episode One and Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Fun extensions to Half-Life 2 (and the plot seems more interesting than in HL2 itself), though I'm getting mighty sick of the poisonous headcrabs. Also, it started getting a bit silly as the designers found yet more contrived ways to separate you from NPCs so that you'd have to do a section alone.

That said, very enjoyable. And now for Crysis...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #490

American McGee Presents: Scrapland. It's a pretty fun game, it's Sandbox like, the inside of the buildings you go into are huge, the areas where you roam in your ship more so. The ship combat is immensely fun, and especially when you target the traffic.
It may get repetitive in some of the objectives, the music isn't for everybody but I personally liked it (kinda trippy) and it can get pretty intense, with that sense of speed.
Overall, I really liked it, 8.2/10. And I got it for $10.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #491

NiBiRu: Age of Secrets. It was pretty fun, good graphics and good music, but the voice overs weren't as good. The puzzles are some of the strangest I've ever seen but still have some sort of logic in them.
I personally enjoyed it and got it for $10. 7.9/10
Old 12-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #492

The Witcher 9.5/10

Definitely game of the year... besides maybe Bioshock.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #493
Lovable rogue

Tomb Raider Anniversary (Wii)

Every reviewer who says the camera is bad isn't lying. It's prone to randomly change position when you're in the middle of a carefully timed sequence of jumps, often resulting in Lara being thrown to her death due to the camera relative controls. At times when you would like the camera to move, i.e. when it's stuck on a close up of the back of her head and there's a fire breathing dragon attacking you from off the edge of the screen, it doesn't and you have to manually adjust it in order to be able to see you target. Aside from that my only other gripes are, a) the use of the Wii remote didn't always seem that well thought out, for the most part it's good, but occasionally it appears that someone just thought "hmm, we haven't got a function that corresponds to shaking the nunchuck, let's assign something to that!" without any good reason for doing so. And b) a couple of the puzzles are repetitive.

I did enjoy it, would recommend it even with it's flaws, and hope they bring out more Tomb Raider games on the Wii.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 12-30-2007, 02:05 PM   #494

Bioshock 9/10
While Bioshock is not revolutionary gamewise, it have an artistry and a style which makes it stand out from the rest. Well worth the wait and well worth the time playing it. The ending felt a bit short though.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:24 AM   #495

Half Life: Episode Two

9/10

cant wait for part 3
Old 01-01-2008, 07:07 AM   #496

Call of Duty 4 10/10
When I started to hear how much everyone loved this game I decided I had to take a look. I really had no idea what to expect from it and I was very surprised. This is no ordinary FPS and I have to say, an actiongame really do not get better than this. I do not know how to sum up how the game manages to squeeze so much into the same story but CoD4 contains a wide range of extremely different scenarios, from desert warfare, to escaping a sinking ship, to night bombing, to a sniper mission near Chernobyl. You never really know what to expect and it's just insane action all the way through. It's been an experience and CoD4 is well worth the title "actiongame of the year".
Old 01-02-2008, 01:55 AM   #497
asian freak ;<

Send a message via MSN to Marte

Sinking Island: 7/10
Nostradamus: 6/10
Nancy Drew - Danger by design: 6/10
Nancy Drew - The haunted carousel: 5.5/10
Old 01-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #498

The Godfather - 7.5/10

I was really looking forward to playing this game. I've heard that it has a much better fight system than similar games, and it really has. Being well armed means nothing - enemy gang members are smart, they take cover, get behind you, etc. And you often end up in hospital because of this.
The atmosphere is also great, the NY of the '40s turned out real good, boosted up with the classic Godfather music.
On the con side, driving was a bit annoying for me. Cars are too fast, they take sharp turns too easy. The city itself is quite big, but appart from completing the missions and the hit list, extorting businesses, collecting the hidden stuff and cracking all the safes, there's really nothing else to do. Of course, there's a long way to becoming Don of NYC, but once you reach the title, your remaining possibilities are quite limited.
Nonetheless, I enjoyed playing the game, and I'll definately go through it a couple more times.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #499

Penumbra Overture: Chapter One 7/10
Note, this is a budget game so the low score might be unfair, it's for technical issues with the engine, messy combat etc, but the story and the feel of playing this horror game was quite nice and I look forward to the next chapter. If you enjoy a horror game and/or HP Lovecraft I think you can have a look at this game.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:17 AM   #500

Sinking Island 8/10

Pros:

*interesting and intrigue story
*great voice acting
*great ending cutscene

Cons:

*somewhat repetative gameplay
*buggy textures at times