You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I Just Bought...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 02:40 AM   #1381

The controls are a bit unforgiving, and the tracks aren't as user friendly or accessible as, say, SSX, but it's a fun game never the less. I've not had any bug problems that so many others have complained about.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:53 AM   #1382

Do you allow "I'd like to buy" posts in this thread?

I have a few options: "Art of Murder" is really cheap in hardcopy form, though I've read mixed reviews on it, and I don't know whether it'll install easily from disc to Vista.

"Secret Files Tunguska" is the same price and a download at that, which I think makes installing easier though that might be a misapprehension of mine (because of good experiences with Telltale and Steam recently).

"Scorpio Ritual" sounds most to my liking, but costs twice as much. Download only.

Other games (at least the ones I can find) are over my current budget, but I'll gladly look into suggestions which can be compared to the above titles.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 02-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #1383

Heavy Rain was released in Australia today. I've picked up my copy!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:07 PM   #1384
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

What I bought in February

I got the Incredible Machine Mega Pack from GOG but I haven't even downloaded yet. Silent Hill and Final Fantasy Anthology were ordered in December but for whatever reason they were delivered awfully late, a week ago if I'm not mistaken. I'm playing the disc 2 of Anthology (Final Fantasy VI) and don't plan on replaying Silent Hill any time soon since I bought it mostly to complete a collection.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #1385
kamikaze hummingbirds

'Silent Hill: Shattered Memories' for d' PSP, I look forward to playing it tonight and being tired in the morning.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #1386

"Secret Files: Tunguska" - not really played yet, such checked whether the game would run. Will have to learn to right-click on objects ...

Old 03-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #1387
Lazy Bee

I finally got the Still Life 2 I was supposed to buy several months ago from this Swedish website I usually get my games from. Back then I had to cancel the order since it was delayed all the time.
And while I was shopping I got Dark Fall Lost Souls as well.
I haven't done any proper gaming in months and now I feel the urge coming back.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #1388
Random

Finally I've put my hands on it!!

I was trying to focus on the games I'm playing now, but my father bought a new TV, I couldn't resist the temptation of testing it with a brand new game!

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #1389

I have Mass Effect 2 , Assassins Creed 2 , Stalker: Call of Pripyat , Memento Mori and A Dragons Tale all waiting for me to play

But my PC went back to the builders after it broke 4 weeks ago, still bloody waiting for them to fix my motherboard(warranty)
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #1390
The Dude

Just bought a Playstation 3 with Uncharted: Drake Fortunes. Finished it in one intense weekend. Gotta say, I love the vibe of the game and fell in love with the characters. Can't wait to play the sequel.

But first: Final Fantasy XIII, the reason I bought the darn system. Very curious to see if I like it since I didn't finish number XII. I'll keep you guys up-to-date, but am planning to take my time for it. I'm a bit of a slowburner (except for Uncharted apparently).

After that I guess Heavy Rain is a must buy... but that's still some weeks, or months, off.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #1391
The Quiet One

I received my big boxed copy of Tex Murphy: Overseer today.

That, and I pre-ordered:

I have to be honest I wasn't going to buy this game at first. I was debating whether I should get it as I'm not a fan of RPGs/JRPGs (with the exception of maybe 4 or 5) or even the Final Fantasy series. But... I do like Final Fantasy VII and I don't have any new console games to look forward to until Splinter Cell: Conviction and Alan Wake. Besides, it's something different from the shooters I usually play, the graphics are gorgeous, and the Final Fantasy games are well known for their likeable characters and good stories. So... what the hell.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #1392

Just bought GK3 on GOG. I already have the boxed version, but I know GOG makes it play on my computer without the hassle.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #1393

Just got this game for under $2 (not counting the S & H) from Amazon. com this past Monday evening.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:43 AM   #1394
handsome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
(...)likeable characters and good stories. So... what the hell.
Got disappointed there huh
Old 03-14-2010, 02:38 AM   #1395
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
Got disappointed there huh
If you're referring to XIII, then yeah, I am a little bit. But it's still early days yet...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-14-2010, 05:10 AM   #1396

Awww don't tell me that. It is on the way for me at the moment.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #1397

Hearing bad stuff about FF 13 all over the place. What gives? This was going to be my reason to buy a PS3!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:52 AM   #1398
Super Moderator

It's been designed a little too linearly for my liking, among other things that I'm not too keen on.

So yeah, too linear. For the first two thirds of the game you can't choose your own party members. There's very little in the way of side quests to do (beyond some monster killing missions, and rebuilding a robot). The battle system is okay, except for the fact that if the leader of your team dies, that's a game over - certainly cheap with battles with foes that can cast Death and kill you instantly.

I don't have a problem with the characters though - not even Vanille - but then I've played my fair share of JRPGs with irritating characters. She's nothing compared to Welch from Star Ocean 4, for example.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #1399
The Quiet One

Those are fine points. I did find the battle-system a bit confusing to begin with, although I am getting more used to it, but it doesn't feel satisfying compared to Final Fantasy VII and other turn-based strategy games.

The linearity doesn't really bother me. Otherwise it would make the game too long for my liking. I have a feeling it's gonna take me at least 30-40+ hours as it is.

Game Over if Team Leaders die does suck a bit. And I'm still not feeling 'connected' to the characters. Lightning, Sazh and Snow are alright, but I'm not that keen on Hope and especially Vanille.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #1400

How does it compare to other FF games?

For instance, there were complaints about the linearity of FF10 as well, though that never bothered me.

And many people thought the characters of FF12 weren't all that memorable, either.

« Last finished game | - »