You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I Just Bought...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 03:25 AM   #1341
the midnight rambler

Oooo, there's been some good buying going on!

@Gazzoid: Buying Spree!! Day of the Tentacle is amazing. Damn you though with your connection and friends to play L4D2 with!

@FantasySci: Let me know how you get on with Penumbra! I still haven't had a chance to play it properly. Watch out though, it's pretty intense. I heard Requiem isn't worth the effort compared to the first two games.

@SharonB: Planescape: Torment is one of my favourite games ever. Deeply affecting and haunting. It's incredible. Drop me a PM letting me know how you find it, I've very few (if any) friends who've played it!

EDIT: Oh, and I just bought Demon's Souls on the PS3 on import from the US. Get ready for the pain...
Old 12-15-2009, 05:01 AM   #1342
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
@Gazzoid: Buying Spree!! Day of the Tentacle is amazing. Damn you though with your connection and friends to play L4D2 with!
Agreed, Day of the Tentacle is fantastic.

And I wouldn't envy my connection that much. It's actually pretty damn crap. Nine times out of ten, my connection is in the red whilst everyone else's is in the green or orange. I've even tried reverting back to wireless and it still makes no difference.

And what friends? I don't have anyone to play with. I have to keep joining random people who usually go idle or bail out of the game.

On topic: Just received my original boxed copy of Discworld 2, which is in excellent condition. And now I've just ordered the original boxed copy of Full Throttle.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #1343
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
And I wouldn't envy my connection that much. It's actually pretty damn crap. Nine times out of ten, my connection is in the red whilst everyone else's is in the green or orange. I've even tried reverting back to wireless and it still makes no difference.

And what friends? I don't have anyone to play with. I have to keep joining random people who usually go idle or bail out of the game.

On topic: Just received my original boxed copy of Discworld 2, which is in excellent condition. And now I've just ordered the original boxed copy of Full Throttle.
Haha, I wish I had the money to stay on topic

I just remember you mentioning that first person shooters are better on keyboard and mouse so I assumed playing L4D on 360 was because you had friends on there! Just before my connection started acting the goat the friends I had were stressing out too much and didn't really relish the challenge of fending off a good infected team leaving me in the lurch with the idlers and rage quitters.

I only ever finished Discworld one and never got round to the sequel. SVGA graphics - woo!

Oh go on then, I bought Osmos and Plants Vs. Zombies for a paltry £5 a couple of weeks ago. They're sweet little diversions.

Last edited by geggis; 12-15-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #1344
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post
I just remember you mentioning that first person shooters are better on keyboard and mouse so I assumed playing L4D on 360 was because you had friends on there! Your situation sounds similar to mine Rage quitters ruin the game.
Oh yeah, I definitely think FPS are better with a mouse and keyboard. But I use a 360 for next generation games as my PC isn't powerful enough for the latest and greatest. Plus it's cheaper than upgrading. Then, of course, there's the achievements.

I actually think the controls for FPS on the 360 are pretty good. But if I play 'em on PC, and had a choice between mouse and keyboard or controller, then it'll most certainly be the former.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 12-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #1345

@SharonB: Planescape: Torment is one of my favourite games ever. Deeply affecting and haunting. It's incredible. Drop me a PM letting me know how you find it, I've very few (if any) friends who've played it!

It's going to be quite a while before I get around to Planescape Torment. I'm still working on Divine Divinity and it's going to take me a long time. Then I think I'll start Planescape. I'll certainly let you know how I feel about the game once I get into it. I've heard so much about how good it is that I didn't want to miss it. Especially since they re-released it to be compatible with XP. Looking forward to it.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #1346
M-E

I didn't really buy it, because it was free, but the last game I downloaded is Tinker on Games For Windows Live:

So if you want a nice free puzzle game with 160 levels on your pc you know what to do. And it even has achievements for the achievement hunters. Free achievements!
Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #1347
Stalker of Britain

geggis-I've started playing "Penumbra", and I'm completely stuck. I have a nervous desposition in the first place, and this game will give me a heart attack! I've made it to the part where you unlock the gate to the back of the mine, after visiting the office and storeroom, and I'm at a complete impass!! The dog comes when you get there, and I can't kill him, and I can't seem to barracade the stupid door enough to stop him from coming in! If you know how to get past this part, please help me. After dying for the umpteenth time, I just gave up on it. Pity, I liked the scary atmosphere and the physics.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #1348
The Quiet One

Old 12-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #1349

I bought We love katamari...

I wonder what was the PC adventure game I saw, It was in dvd case with a cardboard jacket. The cover looked very "bioshockish", Art Deco skyscraper and surroundigs, I wonder did the synopsis say something about cyber or steampunk iirc.

Does it ring a bell to anyone?

Last edited by Vernon Schillinger; 12-24-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: added platform to descrpition
Old 12-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #1350

My most recent purchase has been the Ankh Pack (2 & 3) on Steam for $4.99.
I couldn't resist the price, even though I had promised myself not to buy any more games till I get my new system.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #1351
Stalker of Britain

I've gone a bit overboard lately. I bought "RPG Fantasy Pack" of 3 games for my brother's birthday, "Diner Dash:Hometown Hero", even though it's casual, because I wanted to try it out. It's a lot harder than I had originally thought. Then, with all of the sales, I bought "Family Feud" pack, cause it looked like fun, and I'm still not done! And got the free Tex Murphy games on GOG.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #1352

I've been on a buying spree the last week, between the GOG and Steam holiday sales. I love this time of year! I have bought the following, total cost just over $100, for more than enough games to last me the entire next year:

Steam:

Titan Quest Gold
Torchlight
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Grand Theft Auto 4
Mirror's Edge

GOG:

Heroes of Might and Magic 1,2,3
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Tropico Reloaded
Jagged Alliance 1,2
MDK 1,2
Arx Fatalis

Impulse/Stardock:

Galactic Civilizations II [this has to be the best deal of all: only $2!]
Old 12-25-2009, 04:17 AM   #1353
M-E

<3 Steam:

I actually never played any of those games with the exception of the beginning of Indigo Prophecy and Broken Sword 2.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #1354

I used up the GameStop gift card that I got for my birthday and bought these 2 driving games at GameStop yesterday - made a special trip to the local mall just for this.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #1355

I can't afford nought at the minute cos strapped for cash with Christmas pressies (and New Year's drinking money lol). Gah
Old 12-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #1356
J.H
Frak.

@M-E Wow great collection.

How are you finding Syberia btw?
Old 12-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #1357

Thanks to all the crazy discounts at the moment, I have bought Tales of Monkey Island series at 25% off from Telltale, Machinarium and Samorost 2 in the Xmas deal, Feeble Files from gog.com for peanuts and Jack Keane, Ankh 3, Audiosurf and Ben There Done that games for a combined £10.

Now I just need time to play them...
Old 01-04-2010, 01:33 AM   #1358
M-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
@M-E Wow great collection.

How are you finding Syberia btw?
I actually still didn't play it that much due to the busy holidays and Indigo Prophecy. My plan was to play it on Christmas, but I will definately finish it this year. I love the atmosphere so far, though.

Oh, and today I purchased this for the collection:

You just gotta love those big box games!

Edit: And I bought these 3 for a great price

I loved those games when i was younger. Very hard, but so great! Wish they'd made a good sequel.

Last edited by M-E; 01-04-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #1359
Random

There was lots of games I was looking forward to play before this one, but don't know why it got my attention when I checked the plot and the screenshots. I hope it don't disapoints me.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.

Last edited by Denaron; 01-05-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #1360
The Quiet One

Arrr, Me Hearties! The original big box version of The Curse of Monkey Island.

« Last finished game | - »