You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General I Just Bought...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 12:53 AM   #1401

Dragon Age: Awakening!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:09 AM   #1402

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I should have it today! Yay!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #1403
The Quiet One

Imported the original big boxed copy of The Secret of Monkey Island, which has everything with it. The only snag is that it's the Mac version, not DOS. But it doesn't matter as it'll run through ScummVM anyway, so...

And I now own the original boxed copy of Beneath a Steel Sky, which again has everything with it - including the comicbook.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #1404

Sanitarium & The Longest Journey.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 AM   #1405

Runaway 3: A twist of fate..

Gotten to chapter 3 so far and enjoying it!
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 AM   #1406
merely human

And...

platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-25-2010, 04:09 AM   #1407
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Well, technically I didn't buy it, got it as a gift... but what the hell. It's still all mine... as soon as I find some bloody free time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Imported the original big boxed copy of The Secret of Monkey Island, which has everything with it. The only snag is that it's the Mac version, not DOS. But it doesn't matter as it'll run through ScummVM anyway, so...

And I now own the original boxed copy of Beneath a Steel Sky, which again has everything with it - including the comicbook.
Oy, now that is cool.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:51 AM   #1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post

It's not that long ago that I played trough Beneath a steel sky, it was actually free from another site (legal that is not in free as pirated incase someone tought thats what I ment)..
Old 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #1409
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irons View Post
It's not that long ago that I played trough Beneath a steel sky, it was actually free from another site (legal that is not in free as pirated incase someone tought thats what I ment)..
Yeah, it's been freeware for a while now. Revolution were kind enough to release it at no charge. I still wanted to own the original copy though to add to my collection.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 03-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #1410
Random

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #1411
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

What I bought in March

I won't even bother posting pictures as the list in quite long.
- Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space (WIN)
- Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (WIN) (MAC)
- Wallace & Gromit Grand Adventures (WIN)
- Bone: Out From Boneville (WIN)
- Bone: The Great Cow Race (WIN)
- Sanitarium (WIN)
- The Longest Journey (WIN)
- Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (WIN)
- Altitude (WIN)
- Kindom Hearts II (PS2)
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (PS2)
- Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
- Chrono Cross (PS1)
- Chrono Trigger (NDS)
- Silent Hill: Origins (PSP)

The last six were games I ordered a few months ago but only arrived this month. Silent Hill 2 is the american Greatest Hits version, meaning is the enhanced Restless Dreams version. The Longest Journey is actually a second copy as I still have the version that came with Dreamfall GotY Edition. I ordered the disc version of all Telltale's games including Sam & Max: Save the World but excluding Devil's Playhouse as it haven't been released yet.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #1412
Stalker of Britain

I just bought "Rhiannon: Curse of 4 Branches" since the price dropped from about $20 to $10, and since it's compared to my favorite Jonathan Boakes/Dark Fall games, etc. They advertise it on their own site, and I ehar the story is awesome, if I don't mind bad controls and still environments. I'm excited; I don't buy games much, since I'm in college and don't have any money.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #1413
Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I just bought "Rhiannon: Curse of 4 Branches" since the price dropped from about $20 to $10, and since it's compared to my favorite Jonathan Boakes/Dark Fall games, etc. They advertise it on their own site, and I ehar the story is awesome, if I don't mind bad controls and still environments. I'm excited; I don't buy games much, since I'm in college and don't have any money.
It looks interesting indeed. Actually, I was in doubt between Black Mirror or Rhiannon, I decided to buy the Black Mirror. Please, let me know your thoughts when you finish it! Then perhaps I'll get it, since you made great recommendations so far!

I know how that student life is. I'm frequentely running out of money, right after being paid.

Playing: Alan Wake
Last Finished: Black Mirror 2 (4/5)
Favorite: Grim Fandango, The Lost Crown, Twinsen's Odyssey, Metal Gear Solid series, Outcast, Syberia I & II.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:30 AM   #1414

Broken Sword 3 :the sleeping dragon

£3.99 from Steam, hopefully it will last me the weekend. The controls are a bit odd, but it is a good game thus far
Old 04-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #1415
Stalker of Britain

Besides just buying "Rhiannon", I couldn't resist the $3 Simon the Sorcerer over at GOG. I've been wanting to play this game, because I hear Chris Barrie (who played Rimmer in "Red Dwarf") voices the main character, but I didn't want to spend too much on a comedy game, since I'm not much into comedies.

Somedays, I just feel like buying everything.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #1416
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
Besides just buying "Rhiannon", I couldn't resist the $3 Simon the Sorcerer over at GOG. I've been wanting to play this game, because I hear Chris Barrie (who played Rimmer in "Red Dwarf") voices the main character, but I didn't want to spend too much on a comedy game, since I'm not much into comedies.

Somedays, I just feel like buying everything.
LOL, I got Simon too. And Myst ME. I've always wanted to play Myst someday.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #1417
The Quiet One

Quote:
The first Simon the Sorcerer is one of my favourite games and the game that got me into adventures in the first place. Sadly though, I don't think it would be your kind of game. The humour is hit or miss whether you like British humour or not. I tried to get 2 old friends into the game when I was back at middle school, but because of the type of game it is and its humour, they didn't like it. And these were guys who watched and liked the likes of Monty Python and Red Dwarf.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #1418
Second Degree Black Belt

I just read the posts..... Fantsy you have to tell me how Rhiannon turns out and where did you get it for $10? This GOG site...... is it mostly older games? Do they have new releases? Are there other sites like that one? Do tell me more

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 04-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #1419
Stalker of Britain

I got it off Amazon. It was a pain to get it to install, but now I'm playing it. A bit far-fetched near the beginning, but I haven't run into the plot yet, so we'll see.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #1420
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
I got it off Amazon. It was a pain to get it to install, but now I'm playing it. A bit far-fetched near the beginning, but I haven't run into the plot yet, so we'll see.
Where at on Amazon did you download it? Are there other sites like that GOG site?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky

« Last finished game | - »