You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Jade empire deux announced pour la XBOX trois cent soixante

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #21
is not wierd

I wonder if/when Mass Effect will ever come to PC, though.... Certainly Bioware's track record with console games should indicate that it will come to PC...and I will be a happy camper.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:13 AM   #22
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzy
There's gonna be a sequel? Awesome news! edit: Apparently it's not really news to me, since I've posted in this thread before
Funny, I just had that same feeling too

(Edit): Umm... Are you actually sure it has been announced? At least officially? 'Cause I've not seen one site say it...

Last edited by UPtimist; 08-31-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #23
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3377
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #24

The Jade Empire: Special Edition is Jade Empire - The Xbox game, basically for the pc.

However JE:SE has been made for the PC.

As for JE 2, you will still get run around with people saying 'at the moment we have no official plans on a JE 2' or 'at the current, there is no such things as JE 2 in development' or something like that.

However, all major companies say this. Greg & Ray may have said that they want to see a Jade Empire 2, both as wink to their producers, writers and designers and as wink to MS.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #25
DAVE

Wait, there's a Jade Empire for the PC?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #26
Super Moderator

Yup!
Old 02-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #27
DAVE

It any good?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:12 PM   #28

Sadly, we don't know yet --- as it sadly hasn't been released yet.

The release date February 27th, I think. If I remember the date correctly, from Bioware's Jade Empire site. If you go to Bioware's site, you can see a cool video trailer for this game, which really make the game look quite good.

According to the X-box players, adn the reviews, Jade Empire for the X-box was pretty good. I'm sure the PC version will be the same...
Old 02-07-2007, 02:15 PM   #29
DAVE

Well this one is definitely one I'll be looking for. I can only hope it runs on my computer, though. KOTOR was kind pushing the limits of it.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #30

Jade Empire was Bioware's least inspired game. I thought it was a mess. Hopefully, between Mass Effect and JE2, they can finally prove that they don't need some pre-established IP to make a good game.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:28 PM   #31

I own Jade Empire for the X-Box. From what I've been able to play, I think it's a very good and Intriguing game. If I remember correctly,
Spoiler:
I have just arrived at a city, and the mysterious woman in the ninja outfit who has been following me and my party has revealed herself to be a princess.
However, I can't play it anymore, because it keeps crashing every time I load it up.

That's why I want so badly to play the game on the PC. Plus, the new fighting styles look pretty cool.

Last edited by Melanie68; 02-09-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags. :)
Old 02-09-2007, 06:10 AM   #32

Believe it or not, you're not so far off from finishing the game. Ch. 3 is the game's last meaty chapter, and after that, the game devolves into a straightforward action game and that lasts for 3-4 hours at most.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:25 AM   #33
DAVE

Way to spoil it.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #34
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrid Moldyman View Post
Jade Empire was Bioware's least inspired game. I thought it was a mess.
I can certainly see they wanted to go even more epic but what's there is still a great game. Hardly uninspiring. JE is rich with characters and villains right out of chinese classical literature (they're almost cut and pasted from Journey to the west & Outlaws of the marsh). It even has a cheesy kotor/sixth sense plot twist. The main story arc is suitably epic and the crunch decision (a terrible bioware standard) is gutsy this time because the 'bad' decision makes the most logical sense.

Even with the aging engine theres still stunning fist loads of visual splender, both in level details (architecture) and character designs.

Where the game fell short I felt was in the fighting styles. To be fair its bioware's first try at real time combat. They got the looks right but balance of powers was rather awkward which is terrible given the rock-scissors-paper format they used. The game can be far too easy or far too hard without changing the difficulty setting. Just based on the fighting styles you coose to hone.

A great, if a little disjointed (cut material?) story, excellent 'classical' characters, visually rich game with an adequate if a bit wonky combat/training/item system. Theres plenty in JE to enjoy and make the prospects of any sequel exciting.

My PAL version never crashed despite a hefty 150+ hours (~5 play throughs). I would recommend regular save game 'trimming' on the xbox version. Too many saves can slow down the menus and autosaving.

Chapter 3 is hardly the end at all. The story just starts to focus more as you become trapped in yet another bioware sole saviour story. And the fightin dial cranks up to 11. If you participate in the later arena stages in chapter 3 (optional) its good preparation.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
Way to spoil it.
C'mon, I certainly didn't give anything plot-specific away. What I said is nothing you won't find in one of the more balanced reviews of the game out there (read: not IGN's six page essay on why Bioware is brilliant masquerading as a review for Jade Empire).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
The main story arc is suitably epic . . .
It certainly tries to be epic --the ingredients are there-- but when the game is so short and so small in scope, it just didn't cut it for me. I guess I feel these games should earn the right to be called epic...

Quote:
Even with the aging engine theres still stunning fist loads of visual splender, both in level details (architecture) and character designs.
Yes. It was gorgeous.

Quote:
Where the game fell short I felt was in the fighting styles. To be fair its bioware's first try at real time combat. They got the looks right but balance of powers was rather awkward which is terrible given the rock-scissors-paper format they used. The game can be far too easy or far too hard without changing the difficulty setting. Just based on the fighting styles you coose to hone.
Agreed. Plus it didn't help that the AI was so inept. I can actually claim to have gotten through the game's final two battles with only having been hit once, and that's only because the final boss cheats.

Quote:
Chapter 3 is hardly the end at all. The story just starts to focus more as you become trapped in yet another bioware sole saviour story. And the fightin dial cranks up to 11. If you participate in the later arena stages in chapter 3 (optional) its good preparation.
Different strokes for different folks. I personally didn't enjoy the game after Ch. 3 one bit. I did, however, enjoy Ch. 2 and John Cleese, to be fair.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #36
DAVE

I wasn't talking about you
Old 02-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Way to spoil it.
It didn't even dawn on me reading Zack's post that there was a spoiler in there. Sorry I didn't add the tags earlier.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #38

Quote:

Heh, oops. My apologies then. Consider yourself spared FROM THE WRATH OF MY ANGST.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #39

Quote:
Oh, sorry about that.

I didn't realize that I had accidentally written a spoiler. I was just letting you know that that was the exact place where the game keeps crashing on me every time I try to load it up. I will try to be more careful from now on.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:30 AM   #40

Nice surprise! Just saw Jade Empire will be available on Steam and only 35$ if you pre-purchase. Considering it will probably be released for 50 euros in retail over here, it's a great offer. Who needs boxes and DVDs?

Just did the pre-load, I think it's 8 Gb or something...