You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Jade empire deux announced pour la XBOX trois cent soixante

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 05:33 AM   #41
is not wierd

Any word on PC specs?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
Any word on PC specs?
From Steam:

Minimum: Windows XP, Pentium 4 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 1800XP, 512MB RAM, 8 GB Free HD Space, Direct X9.0, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 or ATI 9500 or better (Shader Model 2.0 required), 100% DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card and drivers.

Recommended: 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 oe equivalent processor, 1 GB RAM, DirectX 9.0 February 2006, ATI X600 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher recommended.

My computer is somewhere between minimum and recommended, hope it's enough...
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 AM   #43
DAVE

God damn it, I've got all the minimum specs exactly on the spot, except the graphics card. Mine's a 9000 :|
Old 02-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #44
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco View Post
From Steam:

Minimum: Windows XP, Pentium 4 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 1800XP, 512MB RAM, 8 GB Free HD Space, Direct X9.0, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 or ATI 9500 or better (Shader Model 2.0 required), 100% DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card and drivers.
Eh..nope.

But it's probably going to be a while before my parents upgrade. Fuck it.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #45
merely human

See, that's is exactly why I said "Fuck PC gaming!" (for now) and invested in a 360. I'm sick of all these damn hardward companies making us feel outdated every six months, especially those of us who can't afford it.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #46
DAVE

Thing is my computer is 6 years old.

Edit: OVER 6 years old.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #47

Default Jade Empire PC Specs.

Well,

I don't have a 3ghz computer, only a 2.4ghz, but I do have a Geforce 6800 card, so it looks like I will be able to run it.

I plan to buy it after it comes out.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #48
DAVE

"Edit"2: and my PC cost me less than a PS2 or a PS3 at the time they came out. You just have to play it smart. This piece of junk lasted me 6 years and it's gotta last at least one more before it gets retirement. And I won't stop gaming on it.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:25 AM   #49

I still think the 360 looks like a washing machine.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #50
merely human

A damn good washing machine, I might add.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #51
Homer of Kittens

If it's a washing machine, how come I need to walk all the way to the next building in my apartment complex to wash my clothes

Firefox rules
Old 02-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #52
merely human

'Cause those machines in the next building aren't Xbox360s.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #53
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
You know what's cool about getting into the game this late? I have to endure a shorter waiting time before the sequel comes out.
I hear you, I just bought the game
Old 03-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #54

Honestly, the best bits of Jade Empire were, for me, the game's attempts at humor.

Characters like The Black Whirlwind and Henpecked Hou were WAAAAY more memorable than Cloud er... Sky (who's really only notable for being voiced by Cam Clarke), that child/demon thingy, and...

Spoiler:
that guy whom I like to refer to as Mr. Bastila, because the way in which he dies so closely resembled the way in which Bastila was captured in KOTOR.

I also loved the John Cleese cameo.

The rest felt like Bioware going through the motions for me.

So, keep at the humor, fix the combat, make the game much larger in scope, and maybe we'll do business.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #55
DAVE

Doesn't run on my computer. It crashes to the desktop with no error window or anything. Must be my graphics card, a Radeon 9000.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #56

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

and i was hoping another kotor or jade empire game would never get made again. lowering our standards one game at a time.
Its bad news all around for me, and im thinking of a way to make this post constructive, and apparently a good friendly debate isnt constructive....
i just cant think of anything, though i wouldnt mind talking to someone who disagree's with me.

Last edited by Owskie; 03-05-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #57

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
See, that's is exactly why I said "Fuck PC gaming!" (for now) and invested in a 360. I'm sick of all these damn hardward companies making us feel outdated every six months, especially those of us who can't afford it.
I dont know intrepid, i built my computer like 3 years ago, and i still make the minimum reqs.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #58
merely human

Tell you what. You give me lots of money every 1-2 years and I'll be able to afford new graphics cards and other hardware to keep my LAPTOP in tip top shape for the bleedingest edge games.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #59
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Yeah, I bought my computer 1,5 years ago and it's already started to show it's age... I'm really starting to not care so much about pc gaming anymore.

If/when I will get a Wii during this year, then I'm thinking pc is only going to be used for school work, surfing and retro gaming, playing only games from 1980->2006.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #60
Homer of Kittens

/rant

PC gaming is history to me and I've been gaming on the PC since 94. Let's see:
I pay 500 dollars for an nVidia card in winter 2004, and less than 2 years later, it is fried. Add to this, I was trying to be a decent buyer by buying games legally, and I just pop in an old game I had bought less than 2 years ago. It doesn't work? Why? Because Microsoft decided to issue some update to XP that screwed up with starforce. It tells me I need to insert the CD again (although the CD is waiting in my drive). So I go onto the internet hunting for a pirated exe file to run the game.
The final straw was when I bought a cross fire ATI set up from DELL. I said screw nVidia, I am going with ATI and let's make it a dual card set up. $3000+ system. 2 days after I buy it, Fear would hang on me after 5 minutes. Company of Heroes hangs on me. Even casual games sometimes hang on me. At that point, I shipped the $3000+ system back to DELL and gave up on PC gaming forever.
/rant off

Firefox rules