Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Jade empire deux announced pour la XBOX trois cent soixante (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/11813-jade-empire-deux-announced-pour-la-xbox-trois-cent-soixante.html)

SoccerDude28 11-12-2005 01:12 PM

Jade empire deux announced pour la XBOX trois cent soixante

This is for you trepsie. Hope it makes you happy :)
Jade Empire sequel confirmed

Intrepid Homoludens 11-12-2005 01:14 PM

Soccsie, YOU make me happy.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

RLacey 11-12-2005 02:04 PM

Who fixed the dodgy French? I was about to criticise you for it, dammit, SoccerDude! :P

SoccerDude28 11-12-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Who fixed the dodgy French? I was about to criticise you for it, dammit, SoccerDude! :P

I did. It was a typo :P Lebanon was a french colony you know :D

UPtimist 11-14-2005 12:36 PM

Yay! It's about time... Can't wait :z

Maquisard 01-06-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
I did. It was a typo :P Lebanon was a french colony you know :D

Pardon the ensuing rant about the meaning of words, but I'm just obsessive-compulsive about such things :crazy: :

When I hear the term "colony" I tend to think that the "colonists" would have become the dominant group in the area (numerically), like what happened with the USA, Canada, Australia, South America and so on...So in the case of Lebanon, a French settlement in Lebanon would be considered a colony, but not the entire country. Rather, Lebanon would be considered a "French-occupied area". But that's just my take on things. :shifty:

Dasilva 01-08-2006 11:07 AM

I'd better get Jade Empire 1 quickly then. :9

AFGNCAAP 01-08-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mares
Pardon the ensuing rant about the meaning of words, but I'm just obsessive-compulsive about such things :crazy: :

When I hear the term "colony" I tend to think that the "colonists" would have become the dominant group in the area (numerically), like what happened with the USA, Canada, Australia, South America and so on...So in the case of Lebanon, a French settlement in Lebanon would be considered a colony, but not the entire country. Rather, Lebanon would be considered a "French-occupied area". But that's just my take on things. :shifty:

You're wrong. "Colony" = "a country or area controlled politically by a more powerful and often distant country" (Cambridge Dictionary). In fact, the settlers outnumbering the natives in the USA, Canada etc. was one of the processes that caused them to stop being colonies eventually.

Maquisard 01-08-2006 04:04 PM

I think they stopped being colonies because they won (or were given a measure of) independence.

Here's what Webster's says:

Quote:

1. a group of people who leave their native
country to form in a new land a
settlement subject to, or connected
with, the parent nation.

2. the country or district so settled.

3. any people or territory separated from
but subject to a ruling power.
Specifically, meaning #1 would best support my understanding, but I guess it could mean what Soccerdude said as well...aaaaand I think I'm well on the way to landing this thread in Chit Chat. :D

Intrepid Homoludens 01-08-2006 05:34 PM

:P So, does anyone have any more news about this Jade Empire 2?

< ;) at Maresie >

SamNMax 01-08-2006 05:40 PM

Nothing. It's just been announced.

bigjko 01-08-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva
I'd better get Jade Empire 1 quickly then. :9

And to quote Bitterfilms' Rejected:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rejected
I am a consumer whore! And how!

SamNMax 01-08-2006 09:34 PM

y u gotta b like dat?

bigjko 01-09-2006 06:11 AM

I was'a jokin'! I thought it was hilarious that he's getting excited about the sequel to a game he's never played. :)

Dasilva 01-09-2006 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjko
I was'a jokin'! I thought it was hilarious that he's getting excited about the sequel to a game he's never played. :)

I have played it a bit of it at a friends house and seen most of the reviews and gameplay footage. I can say this game is great but I just need an Xbox now. lol

seebaruk 01-09-2006 07:19 AM

I didn't even know the first one existed til about a week ago. I'll have to get a copy, looks like everyones raving about it.

Intrepid Homoludens 01-09-2006 07:25 AM

http://xboxmedia.gamespy.com/xbox/im...1099443682.jpg

Quote:

There were a lot of people who were so enamored with KotOR that they actually played through the game twice, just so they could see what was different about the light and dark paths. However, there really weren't a lot of differences, aside from a few plot twists and the ending. Jade Empire, on the other hand, offers gamers a number of reasons to complete the game more than once. For instance, there are a few missions that can only be undertaken by those aligned to one philosophy or the other. Several styles are alignment specific, as well, and there are others that you simply won't really get to use the first time around. Finally, there are the three endings (good, evil, and neutral), each one wildly different from the others. This game is ripe for replaying, and this is coming from someone who rarely plays the same title more than once. Plus, there is a vertical scrolling flying game, similar to Galaga, that never gets old and can be accessed from the title menu.

By combining stunning visuals, an entertaining (and challenging) combat system, and one of the best stories in recent memory, the folks at BioWare have somehow managed to create yet another brilliant game. Best of all, at roughly 20 to 25 hours, it's worth playing more than once, as you can have a drastically different experience the second time out. Some people might be able to argue that there have been better RPGs, but there's no question that this is the best to ever hit the Xbox.

Gamespy review

Maquisard 08-29-2006 12:51 AM

There's gonna be a sequel? Awesome news! edit: Apparently it's not really news to me, since I've posted in this thread before (to discuss the meaning of the word colony :crazy: )

All the Jade Empire threads have failed to make their trip to the land of the dead, and they now haunt the world of the living. Sorry about resurrecting all these threads, guys. It's just that I'm newcomer to JE fandom, and have to share my excitement somewhere. :D

You know what's cool about getting into the game this late? I have to endure a shorter waiting time before the sequel comes out. :P

Intrepid Homoludens 08-29-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzzy
You know what's cool about getting into the game this late? I have to endure a shorter waiting time before the sequel comes out. :P

:D With Mass Effect more or less around the corner I'm fine waiting a little longer for JE2. Bring it on!!

Maquisard 08-29-2006 11:42 AM

I know that's gonna rock too (except for the getting-a-360 part :shifty: ). I'm excited about switching between characters in battle, upgrading each of them, and making armor choices again. And about an awesome story, of course. :D