You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 08:35 AM   #6001
tsa
Playing character

You can joke about that but I think you are right. You learn a lot from adventure games, but it is hard to convince people of that.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 AM   #6002
Life and times of...

You can learn a lot from all kinds of games. It's usually a sign of a good game when you can learn something useful (in practice or for example historical facts etc.). And people may laugh a little, but you've learned something by having fun
Old 10-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #6003
tsa
Playing character

I caught a cold today, probably while waiting in the cold until we could enter our building again after it was evacuated because of a fire alarm. And now I find myself heating a chicken leg at 1:00 AM. Oh, the nom nom nom I will do in a moment!

Old 10-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #6004
Second Degree Black Belt

Poor tsa........ I'm so sorry that you are feel sick..... but there is nothing I love better then to curl up with a cup of chicken noodle soup when I'm sick

I hope you get to feeling better

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 10-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #6005
Stalker of Britain

Hope you feel better, tsa.

I've come to two conclusions;
1. I will always feel socially awkward.
2. Every character, no matter how good, will fall eventually from my esteem for something their writers make them do. No matter if we're talking about characters from favorite tv shows, or fan fictions based on them.

Sorry, just a bit melodramatic from homework and life.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #6006
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasie and Bullsie
Hope you feel better, tsa.
I don't feel very bad yet. The only things are a weird throat and a bad cough at the moment.

Quote:
I've come to two conclusions;
2. Every character, no matter how good, will fall eventually from my esteem for something their writers make them do. No matter if we're talking about characters from favorite tv shows, or fan fictions based on them.
Stopped watching The Show Fantasie?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #6007
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I hope you feel better soon too, tsa.

My condition cleared up a few weeks ago, thank goodness. I hope there won't be too much scarring, and I sure as heck wish I never get it again anytime soon!

Can I join your club, Fantsie dear? I've always been a shy person, so it sometimes keeps me from saying the wrong thing to people (since I'd rather not say anything at all ). However, at other times it doesn't stop me from making an ass of myself... Ack!!! And I absolutely hate the way soap writers routinely ruin my favourite characters just for the sake of current storylines. It's like a giant slap in the face for longtime viewers who know the characters' histories inside and out.

I'm not looking forward to a possible strike by faculty and staff members at my university. I'm not directly affected since I'm on contract, but I am worried about certain student services impacted that would have indirect consequences. In other university news, a student died this past weekend after accidently slipping from the 15th floor balcony railing he was sitting on. (Whenever a student dies, our department has to refund all tuition paid for the year to his or her family.) I'm still shaking at my head at the tragedy... and the stupidity.

Last edited by Trunkyo; 10-19-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #6008
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

The thing I love about the internet is that I feel less alone in terms of the whole social awkwardness thing. So yeah.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #6009
tsa
Playing character

Me too. Normally I don't talk much in the company of many other people, but here... man!

But! When I was your (Fantasy, Squinky, Trunk) age I also was quite shy. That has mostly disappeared in the years after. I even talk to women now, something I wouldn't dare 10 years ago.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #6010
Unreliable Narrator

I talk to women all the time! They're less squicked out when I bring up menstruation and bra shopping.

...er, yeah. See what I mean about the awkward?

Also, I had no idea Trunk and I were classified in the same age group, but *shrugs*.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #6011
tsa
Playing character

Yeah I didn't realize he is from my generation. He looks so much younger
Old 10-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #6012
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

You've made my night, tsa.

Ah ha ha, it's both a blessing and a curse sometimes. (My secret: soy and green tea! ) I know it's hard for some of you to believe, but I really am a few years younger than you, tsa, and only a few months younger than Step, who looks positively... avuncular (Oops, did I just type that???) and almost twice Fantsie's age! I've been mistaken for a student countless times, too.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #6013
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
And I absolutely hate the way soap writers routinely ruin my favourite characters just for the sake of current storylines.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I hate when we've been with a character for so long, and then for the sake of their stupid storyline, they do something very uncharacteristic that makes me cringe.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 10-20-2010, 01:06 AM   #6014
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
You've made my night, tsa.

Ah ha ha, it's both a blessing and a curse sometimes. I've been mistaken for a student countless times, too.
Oh man, they still do that to me sometimes. "What do you study?" they ask me. I used to find it flattering, but now I just tell them that I got my Ph.D. 11(!) years ago and watch their mouths fall open.

Sorry, I'm a bit grumpy today because of this stupid cough I have. I haven't slept much last night.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:34 AM   #6015
It's Hard To Be Humble

I actually find it easier to talk to women than I do men.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #6016
Life and times of...

I find it easier to talk to sheep than...

Wait, what?
Old 10-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #6017
Stalker of Britain

I'm the opposite, Lee. I feel more comfortable talking to guys than girls, because I feel like girls are always secretly judging me. At least with guys, I feel like they do that less, and I'm a cutie, so they're less likely to do it.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #6018
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Sorry, I'm a bit grumpy today because of this stupid cough I have. I haven't slept much last night.
Get well soooon tsa!

Knock on wood, I feel good although people around me at work are coughing and snivelling.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #6019
Second Degree Black Belt

well my you all have been busy in the forums today.........teehee

As far as age....... Trunk is 4 years older then myself and tsa is about 8 years older than me...... so I think we are all close to the same age

I agree with Fantasy........ I feel more comfortable talking to guys than girls, because I to feel like girls are always secretly judging me. Guys dont generally think I'm cute or anything like Fantasy......... I just feel like females judge me b/c some females just tend to judge others.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #6020
Unreliable Narrator

I actually feel most comfortable around people who are neither "guys" nor "girly girls", because I'm pretty much the same.