You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 06:00 AM   #5801
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Dear Blog Thingy,

Please view in respective order:

1) Eccentric witness describes robbery attempt

2) Auto-tuned
The lady is absolutely charming and the song they made out of the interview is now stuck in my head.

Thank you very much!

....backin' up, backin' up....my daddy taught me good..

In other news:
I just forced Mr J to help me dye my hair. (I usually do it at the hairdresser's, but these days I can't put that kind of money on my hair) It turned out brown with a slight reddish nuance. I wasn't really prepared for the red, but Mr J likes it. He says he's always had a soft spot for red heads.
I never knew..
Anyway, I like it too.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:01 AM   #5802
It's Hard To Be Humble

Dear Aggie:

I've been kind of absent lately, sort of popping in and out but rarely staying long. It's probably in part because I've gotten into a few minor fights with some of the regulars over on the adventure forum. It's put sort of a bad taste in my mouth, realizing just how at odds I am with some of the folks here. Doesn't help that I tend to champion games for reasons a fair number of AGers can't agree with. *shrug* I guess I'll always be the weird old guy tilting at windmills, asking for a new medium in an industry that wants exactly the same, only more so.

In other news, my sister got me playing one of those obnoxious flash games over on Facebook. That's not the problem. the problem is, I got curious about another game, and decided to give it a try, even though none of my family or friends are involved in it. After about a week of increasingly intense play, I think I've reached the other side. I've determined that the game is a lot like playing World of Warcraft, with some pretty seductive gameplay quirks for an ostensibly free game. However, now that I can see it for what it is, I think I'm ready to back off. I'm sure my few remaining friends over there will eventually thank me.

Finally, replotting this novel into what is now a four volume set has been absolute murder. I had no idea when I started tearing it apart that I'd still be tweaking and rearranging things three weeks later. Some plot takes time to sort out, but this is a story I thought I already knew. And yet, parts get reworked on an almost daily basis. I only hope it's getting better, but part of me suspects I could go on like this for months, which is simply unacceptable.

I DID actually start writing the prologue to the (new) first volume. It just came out, so I wrote it as I went, and wound up with a surprisingly sympathetic story of a young man who goes along on a coercion job that turns into murder. When I actually decided to write bookends for these volumes, I figured I'd be writing death sequences and such, but the direction I chose was not really what I thought I'd write when I put the words 'Clarence Dodson at work late; Thugs come in and beat him to death' on paper.

Anyway, time to get some caffeine and get back to work. hope everyone is doing alright. Take care.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #5803
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I just forced Mr J to help me dye my hair. (I usually do it at the hairdresser's, but these days I can't put that kind of money on my hair) It turned out brown with a slight reddish nuance. I wasn't really prepared for the red, but Mr J likes it. He says he's always had a soft spot for red heads.
I never knew..
Anyway, I like it too.

That is awsome.......... I got Matt to help me dye my hair one time and it turned out purple....... we later found out that it reacted to something I already had on my hair.

I got the top of my ear piered last night......... it was crazy and last minute but Matt likes it

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #5804
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
it turned out purple....... we later found out that it reacted to something I already had on my hair.
Purple! You're such a cool cookie, it definitely would work on you. But had it happened to me I don't know what I'd do.
Quote:
I got the top of my ear piered last night......... it was crazy and last minute but Matt likes it
Nice!
I tried that once, but the piercing wouldn't heal properly so I had to take it out.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:53 AM   #5805
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Purple! You're such a cool cookie, it definitely would work on you. But had it happened to me I don't know what I'd do.
Nice!
I tried that once, but the piercing wouldn't heal properly so I had to take it out.
I think you could pull off purple hair....... I think you would rock it..... I cryed for 2 days b/c I wasnt ready to see that

My ear is still soare but I think it will be ok....... my nurse friend did it

Old 09-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #5806
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Quote:
It's a good thing you're busy with 'IRL-life' (and by that I don't mean the Indy Racing League ) I guess it means you're enjoying yourself and time flies by.

By all means...don't think about us....

Erm, congrats I guess. Now I'm not too thrilled with any kind of marine corps involvement having had my first boyfriend in the Swedish marine corps. It really changed him and not to the better imho.
Stay true to yourself Gil! And don't turn into a robot with a crew cut!
Haha, college keeps me pretty busy. I still think about you guys, though.

And no, I won't become any robot with a crew cut, don't worry. I'm far too independently minded for that. But I do think I can benefit a lot from being in the Marines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Aww, Gil. I miss you around the forums.
Aww, thanks.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:58 AM   #5807

Wow... this thread is busy! This is where you all of you always are! Jelena (I believe) mentioned this to me somewhere a while back, but I had no idea... not being on the 'updated thread' lists on the home page it didn't get my attention I suppose

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 09-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #5808
tsa
Playing character

Dear Blogga,

Today my professor informed me that my contract will not be prolonged. Although I would have been surprised if he had decided otherwise, it still hit me harder than I thought it would have. Now I'm jobless again per December 1. Not a nice thing to look forward to. I have been thinking of a career change for quite a while already. It's time to leave th university and look for something else where I can exploit my good qualities. The problem is: where?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #5809
Pixiehunter

Oh tsa I'm so sorry to hear that
I can imagine it hitting you, the insecurity you dive into... *gives a big hug*
But don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a great job again

Any idea in what general direction you would want to find a next job? Do you want to do something completely different or stay somehow connected to your former workfield? Or was the 'where' in your post related to having no clue whatsoever as to what you want to do next?
Old 09-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #5810
Life and times of...

LunaLunaLunaLuna! I've not seen anything about how Russia was! Not even a single picture...

Sorry to hear that, tsa... I'm also sorry to ask, but what exactly was it that you did there, again?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #5811
Second Degree Black Belt

I'm so sorry to hear that tsa............. I know that you will find something that you enjoy doing. Someone with your intellagance will have no problems finding a new job or a new a completely new line of work

Old 09-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #5812
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Dear Blogga,

Today my professor informed me that my contract will not be prolonged. Although I would have been surprised if he had decided otherwise, it still hit me harder than I thought it would have. Now I'm jobless again per December 1. Not a nice thing to look forward to. I have been thinking of a career change for quite a while already. It's time to leave th university and look for something else where I can exploit my good qualities. The problem is: where?
I'm sorry to hear this tsa. You're in a different situation compared to where I was five months ago when I did my abrupt career change. You still like the job your have, while I was sick of mine and needed a change. But I like your approach, looking ahead. Like Bullsie says, with your intelligence you'll find a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
LunaLunaLunaLuna! I've not seen anything about how Russia was! Not even a single picture...
Exactly! I've been waiting and waiting for pictures and stories. C'mon girls!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #5813

I'm sorry to hear that, tsa. Good luck finding a new job! You still have some three months, you'll manage

Quote:
Exactly! I've been waiting and waiting for pictures and stories. C'mon girls!
Coming up! as soon as we've decided what to write...
Old 09-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #5814
tsa
Playing character

Thanks for the support guys! You know how I appreciate that. I will tell you later about my ideas for my next job. Now it's time to sleep.

And oh man, is this new security thingy really necessary? I see it now for the first time...
Old 09-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #5815
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Thanks for the support guys! You know how I appreciate that. I will tell you later about my ideas for my next job. Now it's time to sleep.

And oh man, is this new security thingy really necessary? I see it now for the first time...
This is likely going to make me post less. Good news for all the rest of you, but for me -- where else will I vent my banal and pointless feelings?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #5816
Stalker of Britain

I'm sorry about your job, tsa. And what security thing are you talking about?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #5817
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
I know........... its going to drive me NUTS.............. I hate it already...............gggggggrrrrrrr

Old 09-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #5818

I'm pretty sure that security thing was just temporary and not meant to affect long time members. Though I'm sure everyone's aware of that fact by now... so ahhh. Possibly pointless post...

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #5819
tsa
Playing character

Oh great, it's gona again. Thanks, forum software handlers!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #5820

*Irons sips some coffee and realizes he's been forgetfull of forums for way to long*

So, I'we beem basicly internet lazy since somewhere right after your meeting in Amsterdam, wich well for reason I dont know myself is weird, I think I got a severe case of internet boredom or something, stoped playing mmorpg's to *checks the temp, no fever*

But, hmm been a eventfull time, we moved places, that went all fine and dandy! Ellie (my spouse) is so pregnant she has to take two steps back when turning around or she'll bump anything close (I love the belly!) due date is 23 of october so it's getting freakishly close!
As for everyday, the other kids started school for the first time (and second year, since we got two) proud as ever I can say, that'll pass soon enough I suppose..
And game wise, StarCraft2 so many late nights..