You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #5281
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

My play has been going as well as I could possibly have expected. I've heard from a bunch of people who didn't realize while watching that both my characters were one actor. And one of those characters gets a laugh almost every time he opens his mouth. And for some reason I'm not getting nervous at all before the performances. In the earlier plays, when I had tiny parts and didn't really know what was going on with the rest of the play around me, and I always got really nervous before performances. But now that I've got a major part I know exactly what I'm doing at all times, so somehow that's easier on me. It doesn't feel much more stressful than playing piano for someone in my own house, which is probably why I've been doing so well.

I just wish someone would give me any negative feedback at all already. No one has given me anything except huge compliments, and I'm quite sure it's going to my head.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #5282
tsa
Playing character

Yeah but Mory, you just are the best actor in the world! Accept it! No one is better than you.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #5283
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Well, she likes the Twilight movies (two so far I think) and all kinds of cheesy, girly, romantic stuff.
And to think I raised her to like sci-fi....
That reminds me... At the dinner during the get-together I asked her if she ever played adventure games. Her forehead wrinkled in the cute way only young girls can wrinkle their forehead and she said in a disgusted voice: "I NEVER play games on the computer. NEVER."

I guess now is the time to force her onto AGs, Jelena. She can't walk away for the next few weeks I guess, MWUHAHA!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #5284

My wife has this 12 year old niece, and I heard this story that during this past Easter holiday, she'd ask her parents: "Can I play on the Wii today?" and her mom replied "Okay, but you know the rules: for 20 minutes only."

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #5285
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
At the dinner during the get-together I asked her if she ever played adventure games. Her forehead wrinkled in the cute way only young girls can wrinkle their forehead and she said in a disgusted voice: "I NEVER play games on the computer. NEVER."
Well, yeah. It's her mom's hobby, so of course she doesn't want anything to do with it. I can only conclude that if I ever have children, they'll wind up complete luddites.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:05 AM   #5286
Life and times of...

Luddite?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:53 AM   #5287
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Well, she likes the Twilight movies
I've seen the first one (by which I mean I've watched this re-enactment and that's enough )
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Luddite?
One opposed to new technology.

From a group of workers in the early 1800s who destroyed machinery because they believed machines would lead to unemployment. Named after their leader, Ned Ludd.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-23-2010, 02:01 AM   #5288

Ah, kinda like Yevonites.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 04-23-2010, 02:12 AM   #5289
Freeware Co-ordinator

Apart from not being a religious faction and actually existing in reality (though there is doubt about the reality of "Ned Ludd" himself), yeah, kinda like Yevonites.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-23-2010, 02:15 AM   #5290
kamikaze hummingbirds

The Conkeys came to mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxbT3QJW2M
Old 04-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #5291
Lovable rogue

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear your father is ill. Hopefully they can arrange for him to pick up his medicine in Portugal.
Thanks for the concern. Apparently they did manage to get some pills from a Portuguese pharmacy, but they cost €77! Anyway, my parents have a flight back home on Monday now that the ban on flying has been lifted.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #5292
Stalker of Britain

Dear AG Blog;

I'm devestated right now. My favorite kittie, Max, is having liver problems, and my mom says he's near the end. I love this cat with all of my heart, and we're like tsa and Annabel. I've had him since I can remember, and he's always been there for me. He was scared of everyone else (beng a porch kitty), but he'd let me pet him, and whenever I was crying on my bed, he'd come and comfort me.

And now I'm not even there. I don't know if I'd want to see him like this, anyway. He's stopped eating, and my mom's having to force-feed him and put IVs in him. I love my Maxie, and when I heard the news I started crying. He means quite a lot to me.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #5293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Dear AG Blog;

I'm devestated right now. My favorite kittie, Max, is having liver problems, and my mom says he's near the end. I love this cat with all of my heart, and we're like tsa and Annabel. I've had him since I can remember, and he's always been there for me. He was scared of everyone else (beng a porch kitty), but he'd let me pet him, and whenever I was crying on my bed, he'd come and comfort me.

And now I'm not even there. I don't know if I'd want to see him like this, anyway. He's stopped eating, and my mom's having to force-feed him and put IVs in him. I love my Maxie, and when I heard the news I started crying. He means quite a lot to me.
Couldn't help but notice this - same thing happened to me just last year with my dog. Had her since I was just a boy, and she became sick when I was 600km away. Was quite hard so I know what it's like. Hope things aren't too hard and it doesn't get you too down

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance
Old 04-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #5294
tsa
Playing character

Yay! I was in my cabrio on the motorway with the roof off and all the windows open, going 110 km/h. My whole hairdo has now disintegrated! Whooheeeeee!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #5295
Pixiehunter

Fantasy I'm so sorry to hear that i never had pets, but I can imagine how you can bond to such a sweet little cat and how you never want to loose them. *big hug*.
Luckily all those beautiful memories you have will always remain.

Sounds like fun, tsa. But...doesn't all the air with that speed push you out of your chair or something?

I just threw a great housewarming/birthdayparty/games day with my friends. It was great fun, but now I'm all alone again and feeling a bit sad. It got me thinking a lot actually. Those friends are Elvira's study friends group. Years ago, when they started their study, they became friends, and I saw them ocasionally on games weekends. The strange thing is that I started to really bond with them after one of the group died in March last year. In fact, I have the idea that had our friend not died, I may not have bonded so much with the rest of the group, and likely not have them over to celebrate my birthday/housewarming. I really like being so close to them, it is just so weird that without what happened, it would have all been so different. It is all so confusing...
Old 04-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #5296
tsa
Playing character

Haven't you heard of seatbelts Luna? They're specially designed to keep you in the car at high speeds .

And about the strange way life goes: that's just life. Look at the way Maruca and me met. If we hadn't been online and in the same area in MystOnline at just the same time we wouldn't even know each other now. Such million to one chances pop up 9 times out of 10.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #5297
Pixiehunter

But...isn't your head completely pushed back?

It isn't the coincidence that confuses me. It is the idea that I have gotten something beautiful because of something horrible that happened. It feels like I got it at a price I wish we all didn't have to pay. That I'd rather not be as good friends with them as I am now, if only our other friend would still be alive. I really like what I have, I just hate the price. And thinking about that long enough gets pretty confusing.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #5298
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
But...isn't your head completely pushed back?
Oh yes, certainly. There are many stories of people who had their heads ripped off even. But now they have these nice headrests in cars to prevent just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
It isn't the coincidence that confuses me. It is the idea that I have gotten something beautiful because of something horrible that happened. It feels like I got it at a price I wish we all didn't have to pay. That I'd rather not be as good friends with them as I am now, if only our other friend would still be alive. I really like what I have, I just hate the price. And thinking about that long enough gets pretty confusing.
Oh, now I get you. My nerdy head had completely misunderstood. I'm sorry about that Luna.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #5299
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa
And about the strange way life goes: that's just life. Look at the way Maruca and me met. If we hadn't been online and in the same area in MystOnline at just the same time we wouldn't even know each other now. Such million to one chances pop up 9 times out of 10.
Friendships based on chance occurences like that tend to be the best ones, in my experience.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #5300
Lazy Bee

(((Fantasy)))
I can relate to your feelings. Losing a beloved pet is horrible. I don't want to think about how me and my family will feel the day our dog Jaffa dies.

tsa
Whoo-hooo!

Luna
Perhaps you would have bonded with this group of friends even though this person who died would have survived. You really can't know for sure that her/his death is the only reason for your friendship.