You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 05:34 AM   #6281
tsa
Playing character

Thanks Nafsika.

And let's please change the subject now.

I was on the bike today! Man it was cold. And it's not even freezing!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:37 AM   #6282
Banned User

Huh here in Greece(I assume you all know I am greek by now-hey I know what you're thinking!) it snowed yesterday and now it is really cold...
Old 12-12-2010, 05:42 AM   #6283
tsa
Playing character

We get loads of snow again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, because I don't have to be outside.

Luckily, thanks to new pills, Pain Boy takes a back seat these days.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:45 AM   #6284
Banned User

Nice thank god for medicine, I wish it would snow again and make all the roads close so as to not go to school tomorrow lol...but that is just a dream and dreams dont come true.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:54 AM   #6285
It's Hard To Be Humble

Well, I for one am big on dreams, but yeah, I'm not too sure about how little snow you folks see in Greece. Now, here in Canada, you would think we would have plenty of snow, but I'm here to tell you that, here in Hamilton, Ontario... we've hardly had light flurries two or three times so far. It's actually depressing me. Mind you, I've got a fair bit to be depressed about. And in a couple of weeks, I'll have at least one more reason.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #6286
Banned User

Well no we do see snow in Greece. Not every year of course but 3 years ago it snowed a lot and it was really nice now it snowed again and possibly next year will snow again...it usually takes 2-3 years until it snows again a lot. Really? I thought in Canada it snows a lot... well don't be depressed you are saving money because it won't be that cold . What reasons do you ahve to be depressed?
Old 12-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #6287
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Well, I for one am big on dreams, but yeah, I'm not too sure about how little snow you folks see in Greece. Now, here in Canada, you would think we would have plenty of snow, but I'm here to tell you that, here in Hamilton, Ontario... we've hardly had light flurries two or three times so far. It's actually depressing me. Mind you, I've got a fair bit to be depressed about. And in a couple of weeks, I'll have at least one more reason.
Well here in Georgia, its almost funny. The weather man said " a chance of flurries" yesterday and wal-mart was crazy........... and I dont mean a little crazy. people taking stuff from others ........ toilet paper, eggs were over stocked and bread, could not be stocked fast enough. Now that was just to funny to me....... a chance of flurries.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 12-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #6288
It's Hard To Be Humble

Deep down, I think most of us are conditioned to expect Snowmageddon, whether we 'like' snow or not. So when even the slightest hint of it is in the offing, lots of us kind of go mental. Personally, I just want lots of white outside my window and a perfect excuse to hide out inside for the rest of the winter.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #6289
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I went skiing yesterday, because I was missing the snow. I'm a bit sore today, but it was totally worth it.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #6290
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I can't believe the huge difference in weather conditions in this part of the province! When my small circle of friends got together for Christmas yesterday in Brantford (two counties over, an hour's drive east from London, or several minutes drive west from Hamilton), there was a notable lack of snow there. It snowed again today in this area, but it was very heavy wet snow this time, and once again it was exhausting to shovel. If Lee or anyone else still wants to cart a few tons of it away, they are always welcome!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #6291
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I just walked into our living room to find an apparently dead mouse under a plastic salad bowl on my dog's carpet. An inquiry to my father revealed he had caught it yesterday and said it's probably just sleeping. On closer inspection he admitted, that it seems to be dead indeed. It must have either suffocated over night, or maybe drunk a well hidden vial of poison it was carrying to use upon capture by it's enemies.

I do not like that we have mice in our home currently, but still...poor Mousie.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 12-13-2010, 01:19 AM   #6292
tsa
Playing character

Mice in the home are a nuisance at the least. If you see one, be sure there are ten more of them lurking around. The only thing that helps is poison. Believe me, they look cute but it's not nice to have them running over your blankets at night!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:47 AM   #6293
Banned User

They carry diseases.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #6294
Lazy Bee

Today, during coffee break as we were talking about the suicide bomber in central Stockholm one of my co-workers told us that she and her family saw the first explosion (a car) and they then quickly ran away a block. Then they heard the second explosion (the bomber) behind them, but luckily didn't see anything. She was really taken by the fact that they very well might have walked right past this person.

Apparently as the bomb went off he was very close to lots of people of all ages, but luckily he was the only one who was killed. If I've understood this correctly, only one of the bombs he was carrying went off and that saved the lives of many.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #6295
tsa
Playing character

What do these suicide bombers think they will achieve with this? If you are so much against the Western society then you'd better go somewhere where people think the same as you, and leave your freedom and your cellphones and other stuff that you use to condemn our society with behind.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #6296
Second Degree Black Belt

Dear friends…………….. I’m very disappointed that I let myself get taken. A girl that I went to high school with found me on face book, and she and I became fast friends again, just like when we were kids.
Here recently she said that she was living at a camp ground with her 5 kids (one is 3months old). So I offered to bring her food and blankets to make sure that she was warm and the kids had food. So on Saturday I was going to Canton and I received an email that her baby was sick and they were at the er and she would not be able to meet me.

So I got in contact with another friend and I found out today that the girl is living at her mom’s house with her 5 kids and everyone is ok and they are not freezing and hungry like she lead me to believe.

I have a lot of mixed feeling but mostly I’m sick to my stomach that I let someone get close to me and this is what happens.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #6297
It's Hard To Be Humble

*hugs Bullsie*
Old 12-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #6298
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
*hugs Bullsie*
thank you Lee

Old 12-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #6299
tsa
Playing character

(((Bullsie)))

Why do people do things like that? In the end they only hurt themselves...
Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 PM   #6300
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

((((Bullsie))))

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!