You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #6081
Lazy Bee

What is a v?
Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #6082
tsa
Playing character

A key on my laptop's keyboard that broke off when I dropped my mobile phone on it. I ordered a new one and I got that yesterday. Yay!
Old 11-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #6083
Lazy Bee

Ah yes now I remember.
First I thought it was some kind of new phone/MP3-thingy that everyone but me knows about.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #6084
Stalker of Britain

Hey everyone! Guess who's being productive?...I am! I'm so proud of myself; I've been putting off doing homework for awhile. lol

Cool song, Lee!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #6085
tsa
Playing character

Heya, Painboy!

How... unexpected for you to pop up again last Sunday! I must be very attractive to you, judging by the way you manage to find me at the most inconvenient times, and the way you stuck to me during the past week. Are you really a boy, anyway? I've never really looked at you, as I was busy clenching my teeth together and taking painkillers. So maybe you're a girl, or gay, or a genderly challenged emo kid. Please let me know, so I can address you properly. I hope you're not a genderly challenged emo kid though, because typing 'genderly challenged emo pain kid' is such a handfull. Anyway, it was interesting to see you again and I have respect for the way you manage to ruin my life. Could you please now go and find a nice wet, draughty, cold and hard place under a bridge or so to live, preferably far, far away, so you can experience a bit of what I have to go through every day? Thank you.

Cheers, tsa
Old 11-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #6086
It's Hard To Be Humble

Thank you, Fantsie

Sorry to hear the pain has returned, tsa.

In other news, boredboredboredboredboredbored. Can't work on music. Want to work on music. Can't work on music. Gotta do laundry and get ready for dinner. Can't work on music. boredboredboredboredbored.

Oh yeah, and I'm broke. Like seriously in debt, actually. That sound you hear? That's me drowning in debt.

I'll be spinning tunes on Facebook tonight via Youtube, if anyone gets the yen. I do mainly 60's to 90's, Britpop to New Wave to Alt Rock to Hard Rock to Prog Rock, and the occasional bit of weird stuff to make your neck kink.

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #6087
merely human

There's no place like a hometown.

Dear Blog Thingy,

I just did it. I booked my one way flight to Chicago.

Let's see what happens then. Los Angeles has nothing for me other than my mom. I've had no luck finding work and this city offers you nothing if you don't have a car. Two of my brothers are here, one lives with us for as long as he works downtown, so I don't have to worry as much about her. What guilt I have over leaving her...well, I'm gonna have to deal with it one day at a time.

It doesn't seem possible for me to stay with my oldest sister up in the bay area because of her husband's assessment of me. But at least I have Mom's blessing to move back to our hometown if it'll improve my chances of finding work.

I get to stay with my middle sister B at her suburban estate southwest of Chicago while I hunt for jobs in the city. When I get requests for interviews I can go to Chicago and stay with my best friend/niece, K, for a couple of nights. She lives in Lincoln Park and works in administration at the University of Chicago (branch downtown; she is also from California, moved to Chicago a couple months back). Interestingly her younger sister, who just graduated from University of California at Davis back in June, is also moving to Chicago to look for a job. We're all close friends so it'll be an amazing and comforting time. As well, I have a few good old friends in the city and it'll be very heartwarming to see them again.

It'll be wrenching to leave Mom behind, but this is something I seriously have to do. Ultimately my final destination is still San Francisco but until then this is a detour for the next couple of years, what it takes to beef up my resume again. This current economy is the lousiest I've ever experienced in my life and we all must do what we have to do (I blame it mostly on the gawddamn corporations, the banks, Wall Street, and the Republicans who fcuked everything up).

Thank Ganesha and Russell's teapot for having a close knit family for support and comfort.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #6088
Stalker of Britain

Sorry you're in pain again, tsa.

And good luck, Trep!
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #6089
tsa
Playing character

Good luck Trep! Let's hope life will be better for you in Chicago.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #6090
Second Degree Black Belt

tsa............. I'm so sorry about your pain........... I hope you fell better.

Trespie.......... I think you will do just fine And to think you might be only 12 hours away from me We might get to meet one day

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 11-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #6091
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantsie View Post
And good luck, Trep!
Let's hope Job Buddha smiles on me.

And congrats on getting some work done. I know how that feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Good luck Trep! Let's hope life will be better for you in Chicago.
You'll get through your bouts of pain soon enough, soldier. Plow through it like the champ you are!

I love my life here in L.A. But as you know I have to continue to improve it, and if it takes relocating again...well, such is the excitement of life, yes? We gotta be philosophical about these things, and in the best way possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsie View Post

Trespie.......... I think you will do just fine And to think you might be only 12 hours away from me We might get to meet one day
Once I touch down in Chicago I will ruin the lives of many a man once again - just like I did before. MUUUUAAAHAHAHAHA!

Let's plan a murder. Death by tickling. We need a victim. *glances in general direction of tsa*
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 11-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #6092
Homer of Kittens

Dear Blogsie:

I've been severely suffering from heart burn and acid reflux for the last month or so. It's getting worse such that if I eat anything nowadays, I feel the acid next to my heart and in my throat. I have done lots of research about it on the internet, plus asked my parents who are both doctors. I am taking some pump inhibitor medications (like Prilosec that stops the secretion of the acids by the stomach) and Tums all the time, but it's not helping. I am also trying to avoid all acidic foods like coffee, chocolate, alcohol, tomatoes or oranges. I am really worried I have medical condition GERD I am scheduled to see a doctor on Tuesday to check my condition. Nothing is as important in this life as one's health and you don't realize it till your health starts suffering.

On a semi-more cheerful note, I was promoted in my job to dev lead, and I am leading the development for our new game in my company. At the beginning, the whole game design was horrible, but we hired a new game designer, and he kicks ass. The design is coming along beautifully and the game is looking like lots of fun.

Firefox rules
Old 11-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #6093
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Ultimately my final destination is still San Francisco but until then this is a detour for the next couple of years, what it takes to beef up my resume again.
I hope you end up in SF one day Trepsie. We have a very large gay community in SF, and it is one of the most forward-looking and tolerant cities not only in the US but the whole world.

Firefox rules
Old 11-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #6094
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Let's plan a murder. Death by tickling. We need a victim. *glances in general direction of tsa*
Nooooo! You stay away from me, or I will set my rabbits loose on you!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:04 AM   #6095
Stalker of Britain

Soccerdude-I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I believe I have some type of acid reflux, although my doctor for some reason won't diagnose me. I feel nauseas just smelling some foods, so I think I have some type of it. I'm taking pills for it, though.

I bought a lot of chocolate candy when they went on sale after Halloween, and I ate a whole bunch. I don't feel very good, even though it's been a few days, and I feel really guilty for "binging" on that when I disappoint people with not eating. I know this is bad and everything, but I've been considering throwing up lately, but I know what a bad path that is and everything, and I don't really want to start. But my stomach just feels so ucky, and I feel guilty. I have enough other problems, but this is really weighing on my mind.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:58 AM   #6096
tsa
Playing character

Thanks for the support people. I've decided that when my current job ends on December 1 I will not try to find a new one but stay officially ill until this ordeal is over. Tomorrow I will see the doctor about how to handle that.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:01 AM   #6097
tsa
Playing character

Hey Soccerdude, what can I say? Bad health sucks! Hopefully your doctor finds a solution for your problem.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:08 AM   #6098
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Heya, Painboy!
How... unexpected for you to pop up again last Sunday!
Oh damn! Is it as bad as when we were in Amsterdam and you couldn't walk? I know a little about living with pain and it's really challenging. Hang in there tsa. I'm thinking of you and sending all the positives waves I can down south towards Enschede.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
In other news, boredboredboredboredboredbored.
That sucks!
Quote:
Gotta do laundry and get ready for dinner.
That sucks as well, but nevertheless has to be done.
Quote:
Oh yeah, and I'm broke. Like seriously in debt, actually. That sound you hear? That's me drowning in debt.

I feel your pain Lee.
Quote:
I'll be spinning tunes on Facebook tonight via Youtube, if anyone gets the yen. I do mainly 60's to 90's, Britpop to New Wave to Alt Rock to Hard Rock to Prog Rock, and the occasional bit of weird stuff to make your neck kink.
I'm not on Facebook, but sometimes I think about joining. Do you need a Facebook account in order to listen in to above mentioned music?

Quote:
I just did it. I booked my one way flight to Chicago.
Ooh, interesting! You're turning a page again and looking forward. I like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
We might get to meet one day
Hey, I want to meet you guys too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
Dear Blogsie:
I've been severely suffering from heart burn and acid reflux for the last month or so. It's getting worse such that if I eat anything nowadays,
Ouch! I hope the doctors can give you a diagnosis and some treatment soon.
Quote:
On a semi-more cheerful note, I was promoted in my job to dev lead, and I am leading the development for our new game in my company. At the beginning, the whole game design was horrible, but we hired a new game designer, and he kicks ass. The design is coming along beautifully and the game is looking like lots of fun.
Good to hear there are positive things coming your way as well. It helps in dealing with the tough parts of life.

As for me I'm doing fine. The weather is sunny which is quite rare on a November day up here in Scandinavia! My daughter who has been kind of down lately due to hard work at school (and the on-going rehab of her knee injury) is doing much better. She's picked up a social life again and when she's happy, mum's happy too. It's as simple as that.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:10 AM   #6099
Stalker of Britain

I'm glad your daughter's doing better, Jelena.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:18 AM   #6100
tsa
Playing character

Thanks for your sympathy Jelena. Today the pain is much worse than when we were in Amsterdam, but it's also extra due to stress. Hopefully that will go away soon.