You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #5881
tsa
Playing character

Get well soon, kids of Bullsie!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #5882
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Thank you everyone for you thoughts on the girls. We almost made it through the day but no such luck......Olivia teacher call sand said she was sick 102 temop again Well meds all around this weekend
< sends positive healing thoughts in bulldog's general direction.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 09-25-2010, 04:28 AM   #5883
Second Degree Black Belt

thank you guys you all are the best ...............kisses to you both

LOTS of rest today

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #5884
Stalker of Britain

*drool* Yeah, Luke and Noah are the gay ones. I just think their relationship is adorable, and I feel like it's my guilt passion. *blush* And Trunk-I like Casey, too, although I've only seen him in relation to Luke and Noah. He's so cute trying not to flirt with Luke... *blush* I feel so bad liking a soap opera.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #5885
tsa
Playing character

Dear Blogsie,

Pain Boy is back. The doctor ordered me to stop my medication because some blood values went the wrong way. They are now returning to normal, so hopefully I can start taking the most important pill again somewhere next week. Until then I'm on paracetamol which doesn't help much and makes me sleepy.

My vacation was very good. We had good weather all the time, and I even had a 'good conversation' with my father. That is starting to be a sort of running joke in the family: I say to my father that we need to have a good conversation, and he says: "Ok, you start." Then I ask him a difficult question about his life, and everything goes smoothly from then on .
My iMac took two full days uploading the 900 MB of pictures that I have from the vacation. I will post some highlights in the Picture Thread.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #5886
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

So we've gone from talking about our personal dramas to fictional ones now??? (R.I.P ATWT) I can't believe there are now only six U.S. soaps still on the air. My beloved Days will be celebrating its 45th anniversary in November.

I was initially reluctant to post about this here, but I'm currently suffering from a rather... uncomfortable affliction. It's nothing serious, I haven't missed any work because of it and I should recover fully in about two weeks.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #5887
tsa
Playing character

Tell us more about your uncomfortable affliction, Trunksie!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #5888
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Glad to hear your vacation went well, but so sorry about your ongoing health issues, tsa.

There's a very good reason why I don't want to go into more detail about my current affliction. (If any of you are suffering from curiosity, please PM me. )

Last edited by Trunkyo; 09-26-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #5889
Lazy Bee

Bullsie
I hope your girls have recovered and that you and your hubby managed to avoid getting sick.

Fantasy
Don't feel bad about your favourite soap. Be proud!
My family constantly makes fun of my love for Star Trek (currently watching D.S 9)

tsa
I'm sorry to hear your medicine is 'acting up'. But your doctors have managed to help you before. Hopefully this is just a minor set back.
I've checked out the rest of the pictures from your vacation on flickr. There was a picture of this beautiful white farm that I especially liked. And that café where you had your breakfast looked so gezellig.

Trunk
Uncomfortable afflictions can really be a pain in the you know...
I wish you a speedy recovery.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:20 AM   #5890
Stalker of Britain

Thanks Jelena. I have a great love for the original "Star Trek", and I proudly stand up and say that I like that. Liking soap operas is a whole different ball game. lol

And Trunkyo-I know, soap operas are littered with drama, but it gets my mind off of my own drama, so I don't mind. But then I get so caught up in the characters, that their drama starts affecting me, too! I'm such a mess. And I'm sorry you're having a weird condition, Trunkyo. I hope you feel better soon.

Tsa-I'm sorry you're back in pain. I'm always here for you. *hugs*
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #5891
Beamin' Demon

That's precisely the reason why I've been watching Days for as long as I have... if you think your life is a mess, take one look at soap characters' lives in comparison and you don't usually feel as bad! (Right now on Days, there is a paternity test result switch, a character in a coma, and another character being buried alive in karmic payback for having done the exact same thing to someone else almost 20 years ago! )

Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #5892
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkyo View Post
I'm currently suffering from a rather... uncomfortable affliction. It's nothing serious, I haven't missed any work because of it and I should recover fully in about two weeks.
Quote:
There's a very good reason why I don't want to go into more detail about my current affliction.
Your haemorrhoids are flaring up again, eh?

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #5893
Lazy Bee

Tactful as always, our Jatsie. And that's why we love him.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #5894
Beamin' Demon

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. And Jatsie ol' chap, you made my day. Just for that, and for missing the obvious hint, I'll give you the VSPT ("Very Special Pineapple Treatment").
Old 09-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #5895
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Tactful as always, our Jatsie. And that's why we love him.
Speak for yourself...

Aside from a really nice walk and a bit of moving things outside, I just spent almost the entire day - one that's probably one of the best left this year - making a Power Point presentation for a presentation I'm doing wednesday about islam and human rights...

Well, at least it was quite an interesting subject, instead of 'hard law', which 90% of the time is utterly dull
Old 09-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #5896
tsa
Playing character

I've been very good today. Physically I mean. I drove around the countryside for a long while with the roof open! The weather here is so utterly beautiful! Sun, and sun, and sun, and a cloud here and there. I shot some nice pictures of cows somewhere near Losser. On my way home I brought a garden appliance back to my friends. A surprise awaited me there: my little friend C. (5) suddenly could ride his bike without sidewheels! He proudly showed me and I took some very nice 'action pictures' of him. In the twenty minutes that followed he hit two cars and missed mine twice by a hair's breath. No cars were damaged though, only Mr. C. had a tooth in his lip, but not too bad. That's practicing in practice !
Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #5897
Lovable rogue

It's not every day that someone's personal suffering begets a Monkey Island insult sword fighting quotation!

Quote:
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. And Jatsie ol' chap, you made my day. Just for that, and for missing the obvious hint, I'll give you the VSPT ("Very Special Pineapple Treatment").
I did briefly wonder why you had posted a picture of roof tiles, but on further consideration I've arrived at the name used in north America for a similar looking roof covering, which is also a medical affliction.

I'll just leave you some calamine lotion.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 09-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #5898
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatsie View Post
roof covering, which is also a medical affliction.
Ah, OK. I never get those subtle hints.

tsa
Watching your friend C riding his bike must have been a hoot. Although the neighbours probably weren't as thrilled about it.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #5899
Second Degree Black Belt

tsa- glad to hear that you are feeling some better. The girls are ok for now..... Olivia had been a sleep for about 4 hours..... at this time I'm not worried b/c we have been running all day, so I know she is tired.

Trunk- sigh- did the nurse help ? here is to a speedy recovery

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #5900
tsa
Playing character

Trunk and Jatsie, I have no idea what you are talking about so maybe you can enlighten me in a PM?