You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #5481
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Trep: Best of luck, and go with that same love in your heart. One day, your mother will come around. It's the best thing you can do for yourself. *hugs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Trep-*hug* I understand why ou feel that way, and you have done your part very well. I think you deserve some "you" time.
Thanks, guys! I know my mom will never change, but I have to do what I have to do. I constantly remind her that she should move up with me. But if not she risks being alone and may have to move back into my brother's house with his neurotic wife whom she can't stand to live with. I just hope she doesn't have another accident falling down those uncarpeted stairs at his place and possibly shattering her hip. I may have to tell her that to help convince her to move with me.

Quote:
And just a general 'hello' to people, since I have slow dial up at home, I don't get on as much as I used to. I've already seen Louie, though, and we went to Chicago on our first roadtrip. It was great, can't wait to see him again.
At your parents'? Why don't they just switch to broadband? It's cheap now. Love hearing about your progress with Louie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullsie View Post
I got my new - to me sewing machine......... Husqvarna Designer 1 Sewing and Embroidery Machine. I will be able to create all kinds of great things. The man I bought it from bought it for his wife about 8 years ago, and she worked on it for 40 hours.... got ill then passed away. So he was selling it b/c he had no use for it. And it came with 100 spools of thread and 18 spools of special thread....... I super excited...... I cant wait to show you all what I will create
I'm so damn jealous! When I had a sewing machine years back I used to design and make jumpers for my baby nieces. I designed one with a a skirt shaped like a pumpkin, but squishy. Guess what material I used? That's right, luxurious black cashmere that I hadn't yet figured out what to do with. The buttons were 1930s vintage pewter flower shapes.

I also designed one that looked like it was skirted in front with a deep pleat, but when the little cutie turned around you could see it was actually shorts. For that one I used navy blue Italian linen, with large mother-of-pearl buttons shaped like flowers to fasten the shoulders.

Who knows? Some time in the future I may end up designing a line of luxury clothing for little toddlers.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #5482

I just discovered there is no cake ...

Anyway, back to work after a three day holiday weekend. Finished reading "Breathless" by Dean Koontz, hurried through "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by Ray Bradbury and started "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. Finished the main storyline of "Portal", now doing the advanced levels and then I'll look at the achievements. For some reason I don't feel like continuing with "The Tomb of Samun-Mak" at the moment. It's also been like a moment since I played "Secret Files: Tunguska". Guess I'm just in a reading and casual mood lately.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13
Old 05-25-2010, 02:50 AM   #5483
kamikaze hummingbirds

Re: '...and sitch'.

I think it means the same as '...and such', but I've liked it since that episode of South Park with the historical park thing.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 AM   #5484
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Re: '...and sitch'.

I think it means the same as '...and such', but I've liked it since that episode of South Park with the historical park thing.
Thanks, Ham. I didn't know it was from South Park.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:00 AM   #5485
kamikaze hummingbirds

Keyboard through a guitar amp is enjoyable.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #5486
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Whoa, that's not sounding enthusiastic.
No? Okay, how's this: OMG OMG I GOT A NEW JOB IT IS SO AWESOME WHEEEE... sie.

I'll go into more details on my own blog.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #5487
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
I just got a new job too. So yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
I'll go into more details on my own blog.
Oh, come on. Tell us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
And now my turn:
Dear Blogginator,
The wonderful Mrs.R is upset after finding out her job at a book hand bindery has been sold and they are closing the shop. I keep telling her that it's not hard to find a job with the proper attitude. This falls on deaf ears due to the fact this is the only full time job she has ever had and there is not mush call for the profession.
I'm sorry to hear about Mrs R's job. I'll send positive waves your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Aga Khan,
I've finished my first year of uni - it didn't reach either my highest expectations (bad-ass cool person with a love life and sitch) or my lowest (hiding from everyone and making no friends); but I feel more confident, and I've made some decent friends.
So, next year, I'm thinking I'll have the confidence to progress and sitch (y'know, get a love life and stuff).

- Oh, hot damn, it's Ham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
My first year of college is also done. It was awesome.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #5488
Second Degree Black Belt

That sounds awsome Trep...... I wont be making clothes any time soon ..... but you never know maybe in the future

Quilts and such I can do that

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #5489
It's Hard To Be Humble

I would like to announce that, as of yesterday morning, I am officially unemployed. I would say I'm happy, but the ensuing upset it caused my wife has denied me most of the relief I was hoping to feel. However, I think things are getting back to normal. and no, I don't have a new job lined up yet. Sadly, it was one of those quit or be (lectured and eventually) fired scenarios. I chose to beat him to the punch, though I sort of regret it, since letting him fire me would have made things a little easier with my wife, I suspect.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #5490
tsa
Playing character

That is not nice to hear Lee. I wish you strength and luck in finding a new job!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #5491
Lazy Bee

Lee
Be patient, things will work out.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #5492
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

*hugs Lee*

I shall echo what a few people said to me three months ago: it might not seem like it now, but you're better off than you would have been if you'd stayed, trust me.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #5493
Creepy Father Figure

Lee,
Love ya bro, mean it.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #5494
Stalker of Britain

I am so sorry Lee. *hugs*

I myself have hit just a bit of a bump, although nothing that life changing. We had to put our dog to sleep today. She's been around since I was a kid, and had bad arthritis that was just getting worse. I wasn't that close to her, but it was still pretty sad, and it reminded me that my kittie, Max, may be next.

Louie and I hardly ever fight, and we've never really had a big one. It's always me overreacting or a misunderstanding usually, but he said something that hurt my feelings earlier, so I just feel pretty down today. Sleep always helps things, so here's hoping tomorrow is better.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #5495
It's Hard To Be Humble

Thank you, everyone.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #5496
Pixiehunter

Good luck the coming time, Lee. But it will all work out for the better in the end, I'm sure of it

*hugs Fantasy* That is so sad It must be weird that she is gone, when she has been around for so long. I hope you will have many good moments with Max left. How is he doing now?

And don't blame yourself so much, it isn't necessarily overreacting if you feel something more strongly than someone else does. The feeling is there, and that matters just as much as the explanation of it being misunderstanding or overreaction. If Louie said something that hurt you, it is there, not just an overreaction. Maybe he doesn't know that what he said hurt you, I guess he didn't mean to anyway, but he should know that it did hurt, that for you it did matter, so he can try to prevent it from happening again.
Don't put all the blame on yourself, it always takes two for a fight.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #5497
Second Degree Black Belt

Sorry to hear that Lee

Oh Fantsie........ I'm so sorry its hard when you lose a pet.

I have some great news........ Jenna had her awards ceremony today....... and she got A honor roll .......... Good attendance (no one got perfect attendance) and Star Student of the 1st grade........... which means that she was the best all around child........ I cryed and the teacher cryed...... it was so great

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 05-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #5498
It's Hard To Be Humble

*hugs Fantasysci5* My condolences for you and your family on the loss of your cat.

Losing family pets is harder than some people think. You almost don't even realize how essential they've become to your life until you have one of those days where you wish they'd just jump in your lap and take your mind off of whatever's eating you, and then it all comes flooding back. I still get that way over Charlie, and he's been gone at least a year now.

And Paul, man, I hope something good comes round for Mrs. R soon. This is a lousy time to be out of work, no matter where you live. And I know what you mean about that attitude of defeat. Sometimes you have to be the optimist for both units, even when the weight is mighty. Hope you folks can hang in there until a new situation presents itself. *manly hug*

Last edited by Lee in Limbo; 05-27-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #5499
Stalker of Britain

Thanks Luna and Bullsie!

And Lee, thanks, although it was our dog we had to put to sleep. I'm afraid we might have to put our cat to sleep, too, soon. They were both very old, and Max is going for an appointment tomorrow. He's dragging his leg (he had a blood clot), but I think he's doing alright. But if he won't get better, we might have to put him down tomorrow.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 05-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #5500
tsa
Playing character

(((Fantasie)))
It's always hard to lose a pet, and now you might lose two of them... Poor dog, poor cat, poor Fantasie.

And Bullsie, congratulations! I bet Jenna won because of the very special mother she has .