You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #4481
kamikaze hummingbirds

Fingers crossed when I do finally tell her - it'll come across as cute nervousness (which is pretty close as a description) as opposed to "ugly quiet weirdo (classic 'bring-a-gun-into-school' type) who wants to lose his virginity to you" (which is only partly accurate).
Old 11-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #4482
Stalker of Britain

Aww! I'd find it cute nervousness, Hammy!! Good luck!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #4483
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hammy!!!

If you're really shy about telling her, maybe you can have someone else you both know tell her for you, ...
Yeah, I said that too! Listen to Fantasie and me, Hammie .
Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #4484
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Fingers crossed when I do finally tell her - it'll come across as cute nervousness (which is pretty close as a description) as opposed to "ugly quiet weirdo (classic 'bring-a-gun-into-school' type) who wants to lose his virginity to you" (which is only partly accurate).
Good thinking! Go for it Hammie!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #4485
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
you don't want to lose your virginity?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #4486
tsa
Playing character

He wants to lose part of his virginity.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #4487
Creepy Father Figure

So he still gets to bring his gun to school.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #4488
Stalker of Britain

lol Good luck Hammy! We're all rooting for you!

In other news, I've been on a spending spree, although none of it has been for me. I went half and half to buy Louie Halo ODST, and I bought my dad the 4th season of LOST, cause he's into it right now. I've spent more than $50 on other people, but I'd feel guilty buying myself something. But oh heck, I want something too!! *goes to buy a game and the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes* EDIT: Chickened-out. Didn't buy anything for myself.

Also there's some tension with my roommate. She's being rude to Louie, but I understand her point of view, since it isn't his room. But we aren't in there too frequently, but he was sleeping on my bed when I had to go to work, and she started playing her music loud when I left. So I'm thinking of getting a single room next semester. More money, but at least I don't have to worry about bothering my roommate with Louie always being over.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Last edited by Fantasysci5; 11-05-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #4489
Pixiehunter

Dear blog,
I am nervous. Very nervous. Tomorrow my girlfriend will be diagnosed, the outcome of which will have a huge impact. I don't want to think about what would happen when/if the outcome is negative, but the odds are there and it's driving me crazy. And her even more. I have the feeling that the world ends tomorrow, that all my plans for the future end there.
Gah....why are things never easy?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #4490
Lazy Bee

(((Luna)))

I'll be thinking of you two tomorrow and send positive waves.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #4491
kamikaze hummingbirds

I'm thinking of you, Luna.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #4492
Stalker of Britain

Aww, Luna. I'm here for you. If I may ask, what is she being tested for?
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #4493
Pixiehunter

Thanks Jelena, Hammie and Fantasy. Your words really mean a lot to me.
I wish I could talk about it more freely, but it is a bit complicated. The fact that this part of the forum is open to the whole internet makes me a bit uncomfortable posting it here. I don't mind telling you, I wish I could, it is just that this topic is not the right place...
Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #4494

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

If you want a place where to vent more freely Luna, feel free to use the Sierra Questers group board, and of course PMs can be a solution too. But if you want to talk about it, you really should get it out. And my thoughts are there with you and your partner as well.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 11-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #4495
Stalker of Britain

I understand, Luna. I was just wondering what type of seriousness it was. Just me being nosy. Well, I hope things turn out all right!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #4496
tsa
Playing character

I think of you too Luna! I'll send you waves!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #4497
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
I've had this happen. Allow attraction to build to such a bursting point, you sound like a raving lunatic when you finally seize the opportunity to tell her. And, of course, I was nervous. Shaky voice type nervous. Obviously, I scared her away with my concentrated salvo of honest, yet blown way out of proportion, feelings. Only had short-term girlfriends I didn't much care about, since then. I guess my point is, you gotta start small. That'll help you with the nervous as well. Don't be all teenagery, "I like you, wanna go steady?" Ask her out for coffee or something. That way she'll know you like her, and things can develop naturally. The only way to be comfortable around her is if you actually spend time together. Of course, I have no idea what your relationship with the girl currently looks like. Do you text, do you hang? Anyway, that's my $0.02.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #4498
Life and times of...

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm still sad about my hopeless crush and overshyness to say anything about it (if you have tips as how to beat nervousness when telling someone you like them, please send them to the usual fucking address!)
Quote:
Hey - it can't come off worse than it did with me: she moved away. The next weekend or so. (well, at least she didn't get a restraining order...)
Spoiler:
Yes, the two were in fact not related issues. I like sarcasm.

Now, while it's on the one hand good to be able to think that theoretically she didn't turn me down because she didn't like me - on the other hand I don't have any idea what would've happened if she hadn't been moving out.

And what's really freaking me out is that as far as I know she could see me as this (without the glasses):

(I mean, I don't know. I doubt it, but then you can't really know when looking in the mirror (literally or figuratively))

Aaaanyways (enough about me - I'm not feeling that generous), I was able to ask her out two years after school ended, but it a) was pretty much luck that I would see her and b) I still did it too late. I'm afraid that it only boils down to this, sonny: you really want to wait so long that it doesn't matter anymore, or do you actually want to have a chance at something.

I considered that, and finally came to the latter conclusion... After - five - years (first three in school and then the few times during the next two years when I still actually saw her), when it was too late.

And I can't but agree with Maquisard - don't go shouting your love over the rooftops. Start off easy. You can think about how it would feel to you if someone you barely know, don't think about, suddenly comes telling you they want to have your children... (versus just asking if you'd like to, as said, get some coffee or something). (and as previous poster, I of course don't know what your current relationship is, but it's just a, eh, good mental exercise)

Hmm... Forums and being tired don't suit me...

Last edited by UPtimist; 11-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #4499
Creepy Father Figure

Dear AGers,
I am sort of stunned and shocked today. I live near Fort Hood Army Base and one of the military personnel went on a shooting rampage killing 12 and wounding 31 in the area where they process soldiers to ship overseas. Scary when something like this hits close to home.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #4500
tsa
Playing character

They had it on the news 4 hours ago here in NL. Man, it's horrible. On the news they said the Army personnel wasn't sure there was only one shooter. I guess that is cleared up now.