You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #4501
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I was able to ask her out two years after school ended, but it a) was pretty much luck that I would see her and b) I still did it too late. I'm afraid that it only boils down to this, sonny: you really want to wait so long that it doesn't matter anymore, or do you actually want to have a chance at something.
Ah yes. Another thing you hopefully got from our posts, Hammy, don't wait too long, as you thus risk the dreaded friend zone. Even if you just marginally start liking a girl, make your move, because, in that case, even rejection doesn't hurt quite as much. It's a good thing to experience, you figure out it's not the end of the world. And attempting to initiate something stops being so scary. Consider the possibility that the girl you currently like is likely not the one you'll spend the rest of your life with. Be grateful you ran into one that you like enough to, for the first time ever, get out of your comfort zone, and try to do something about it. If it fails, you'll still have grown immensely.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 AM   #4502
the midnight rambler

Where've you been Hammerite?!

Where've I been!?

I'm with Maquisard on a lot of this. Don't make it into an epic deal and things should be far less worrying. I'm never sure about the whole friend zone theory thing because I suspect many people will only hook up with people they know somewhat. I think texting and email is a good way of getting some dialogue going that you can 'build' on when you go for a coffee or tea or whatever, pick your poison. If you have a few beers make sure you don't get too drunk because, depending on what you're like inebriated, you could say/do all sorts of things that your sobre self wouldn't do! Having said that, a bit of alcohol might loosen your tongue.

Don't worry though, it's all good fun. How are you getting on at uni?

-_+

Dear AG B'og. I keep having to destroy spider webs every morning to see in my wing mirrors. The poor little buggers.

Oh! I also got my medium format black and white, and colour films back from my new toy camera. It is literally a new old-style Japanese toy camera and the results are great. I've got quite a few photos to put in tsa's thread but I keep forgetting!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #4503
Citizen of Bizarro World

I defer to higher authority on the matter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQ1vuu1Bf0

Old 11-06-2009, 08:38 AM   #4504
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggis View Post

Dear AG B'og. I keep having to destroy spider webs every morning to see in my wing mirrors. The poor little buggers.

Oh! I also got my medium format black and white, and colour films back from my new toy camera. It is literally a new old-style Japanese toy camera and the results are great. I've got quite a few photos to put in tsa's thread but I keep forgetting!
Cool! Please post them. I seem to be the only one who posts in that thread nowadays.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #4505
the midnight rambler

Will try to this weekend my photographic friend!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #4506
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

You know, it occurs to me that I'm so fortunate to have loved and been loved by at least one person around whom I've been completely and utterly comfortable that I simply don't agonise over the unrequited stuff anymore. I suppose this is something to be thankful for.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #4507
kamikaze hummingbirds

Yes it cunting is.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:36 AM   #4508
Life and times of...

Here fits a phrase I don't personally like to use:
"lol"
Old 11-07-2009, 06:56 AM   #4509
Citizen of Bizarro World

Oooh. Yeah, I just got that. Funny!

Old 11-08-2009, 03:54 AM   #4510
Pixiehunter

To all those who sent out their positive waves and sweet words of hope: thank you all so much! The diagnosis friday went the right way: the outcome is positive!

@Hammerite: maybe you could try to let her know that she is special to you. Granted, she will not be entirely sure what you mean by it, but if she likes you too, she is likely to see that as you liking her. Okay, it gives some time of insecurity as to who means what by what, but it is a way to find out something about her feelings?
That being said, maybe you should take my advice with caution, because I'm not very good at giving advice, but let's say, it once worked for me.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:53 AM   #4511
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
To all those who sent out their positive waves and sweet words of hope: thank you all so much! The diagnosis friday went the right way: the outcome is positive!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:13 AM   #4512
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Wait, doesn't "positive" mean that she actually does have whatever you're testing for?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #4513
Pixiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Wait, doesn't "positive" mean that she actually does have whatever you're testing for?
Haha I was struggeling with that one as well, so I decided not to write that the diagnosis was positive, but I guess the same goes for outcome
What I mean: we heard exactly what we wanted to hear

Last edited by Luna Sevithiainen; 11-08-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #4514
Lazy Bee

I thought about that too, but I think she means positive in the way they react to the testing.

EDIT: Yeah, just what I figured.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #4515
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Remember how I said I'd gotten into a play? Well, I kind of got in again. I'm going to be playing two parts, both major. Apparently there wasn't anyone who could do a decent job with the role of Ambrose, a naively romantic artist. So in addition to the part of Barnaby, I'm also getting Ambrose. In the script they're only on stage together once, and Barnaby doesn't say a word there. This means that any time I'm not on, I'll be frantically changing costumes. I can handle that. More importantly, I'll have to develop totally different performances for the two characters in voice and movement, and I don't know for sure but I think I can do it. This is going to be amazing.

Last edited by MoriartyL; 11-10-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #4516
It's Hard To Be Humble

Thinking warm if anxious thoughts about a friend. Makes it hard to work on the novel. You ever get that thing where you're so tense about a difficult conversation you've had with someone close, and you're not sure if you've done more harm than good, and all you want is to take it all back and start over again?

Yeah, that.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #4517
Stalker of Britain

Aww, I understand Lee. If you feel it puts a wedge between the friendship, you can apologise, but if the other person did need something to be said, don't feel bad. Just be there for that person.

Gosh-I'm trying to laugh at my own situation, but to me it's half funny, half sucky. Louie bought me a one-month XBox Live subscription, which was really sweet of him. We were trying to set it up, and it ended up saying I was 9 years old. I tried to change it, but it was already set in, and wouldn't allow a change. So we had to go ahead and make the account with "parental supervision", which we decided to use Louie as. I mean, we tried to delete the account, since we hadn't "paid" for it yet (read: put in the numbers), but the email that I had to create to even use XBox Live was now attached to that age. So now I have parental controls including muting all players, and just generally sucks. I've emailed Bungie to try and explain my dilema, but I'm not sure they'll believe me or not. I'll have to scan my ID or something and send them that. Anyway, sorry if none of that made sense, I'm just venting my frustration.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #4518
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Wow. That really does suck.

Why not just contact Xbox and have them fix the problem?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #4519
Stalker of Britain

I emailed XBox Live to see if they can fix the problem. Hopefully they can.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 11-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #4520
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Thinking warm if anxious thoughts about a friend. Makes it hard to work on the novel. You ever get that thing where you're so tense about a difficult conversation you've had with someone close, and you're not sure if you've done more harm than good, and all you want is to take it all back and start over again?

Yeah, that.
I believe you can't truly be close to someone unless you have difficult conversations; if you can't have these conversations, if you hold back what you really feel just so you can keep up the appearance of putting your best foot forward, then your friendship is nothing more than an illusion. Caring for someone deeply comes with no small amount of pain. It's a given. All we can really do is make amends, come to an understanding, and move on from there.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better, and that you're able to write again today.