You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 01:36 AM   #3481
Second Degree Black Belt

*hugs* to tsa and Jaz your friends are in a better place.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 04-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #3482
Stalker of Britain

Hey all. So, I have a bit of money like I haven't had in a YEAR, so I'm all excited to buy a new adventure game!! Now, between these two, which has the better story/characters? I like dark, adult, and supernatural elements, which both have. So which one should I get, based souly on plot and characters?

Gabriel Knight 1
OR
Daemonica?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #3483
tsa
Playing character

I would say GK I. It's a classic with a detailed storyline and you even learn a thing or two about voodoo and New Orleans.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #3484
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hey all. So, I have a bit of money like I haven't had in a YEAR, so I'm all excited to buy a new adventure game!! Now, between these two, which has the better story/characters? I like dark, adult, and supernatural elements, which both have. So which one should I get, based souly on plot and characters?

Gabriel Knight 1
OR
Daemonica?
I haven't played Daemonica, but I can assure you that G.K 1 in a great game. A bit dated graphic-wise but indeed a must play for an adventure gamer.

Btw Fantasy, congrats on your great play through. I lurked a bit towards the end and was thrilled to read Jonathan Boakes' post.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #3485
Stalker of Britain

Thanks tsa, and thanks Jelena!! Yes, I thought the playthrough went well, and I was so happy I could nudge Jonathan into posting!
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #3486
tsa
Playing character

You're the greatest Fantasie!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #3487
Stalker of Britain

Thanks. lol

Well I had a dream that I must say, was fantastic. You all know how I hero-worship Jonathan Boakes, creator of the Dark Falls, correct? Well, I had a dream that me and him were even closer friends (instead of just tentative ones that we are now), and we were talking on Facebook and I said I wish he could cheer me up. Well, I moved over to England (my dream place), and happened to be neighbors with him. He had a wife and kids, and they were fascinated with me and another girl who happened to also live there. They thought we were ghosts, since weird things happened in the house I was living in, and we'd do ghostly things, I guess. So for some reason, they were so freaked out but intrueged by us ghosts, that Jonathan was going to kill me At first I thought it was a joke, but then I really did start freaking out. Everywhere I went in this house had things popping out, and Jonathan had said I had to reach this room at the upper level to live. I then I realized that Jonathan had put this all together from the money he had been getting by his games to cheer me up, with a kind of haunted house. It was really sweet at the end, because Iw as cheered up. What really mae this dream special for me, though, was when I was a supposed "ghost". Even the cliche spooky music played in the background, with whispers, and a kind of fog, and I would disappear. I know this sounds confusing, but often dreams are. But Jonathan Boakes' was my best friend, and it was so cool being a ghost!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:09 AM   #3488
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Dear Aggie,

I have just finished dyeing eggs for this year's easter breakfast/brunch, and have to say, the methods available have become much more interesting, and easier since I was a kid. I got some which lets you apply silver foil to the still sticky dyed egg, and one for getting a marbled appearance. My favourite though has to be the rice method, which allows you to get an appearance similar to the sponge method used on walls to get that speckled pattern. Not only does it look interesting with little effort, but it also does not involve burning your fingers on the still hot eggs, since you put the eggs in a plastic cup with rice in it and shake the whole thing, instead of rolling them around in your gloved hands to get the paint on.

The marbled thing was a bit of a disappointment, too. The paints quickly merged into one whole shade if you rolled the egg too long. Still, I got some good results after some trying and adding some extra contrasting colour anyway. So now we have nearly 45 dyed eggs (minus some that broke in the process).

Later I'm probably going to bake Easter cookies (which are basically the same as Christmas cookies, namely shortcrust cookies, but made with other cookie cutters. Our recipe refers to them as "Waschkorbgebäck", meaning "Laundry basket cookies", since they can easily be made in such quanitities to fill a whole laundry basket. Also, they're perfect for making with the help of kids. And we kids always loved eating them, so we didn't complain when we got them both for Christmas and Easter.), also for that breakfast.

Also, I have recently managed to secure a job at a Shisha bar. The work is fun, and interesting. It is also more relaxed than other jobs in bars, since once the people have their Shisha or drinks, they are happy and I only occasionally have to check if everything is alright, and maybe bring another drink, or new coal for the Shisha. Also, the boss makes extremely delicious Tarte Flambee, with various toppings. From the classic Elsacian style, to the curious topping of cheese, tomatos and mint leaves (which tastes delicious), I am surprised I haven't gained any weight since then. Then again, only the cheese, creme fraîche and ham are fatty.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-10-2009, 05:29 AM   #3489
Second Degree Black Belt

Congrats on the job Jaz

Matt and I have been married 10 years today

Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #3490
Lazy Bee

Congtas Jaz on your job. It sounds perfect! My son is currently looking for a summer job and/or weekend job. He recenlty got his driver's license and he hopes it will increase his chances of getting a job.

Congtas to Bulldog and Matt as well! How are you going to celebrate?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #3491
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Congtas to Bulldog and Matt as well! How are you going to celebrate?
Thank you.... we are having olivia's baptism this weekend as well so all the family is coming in and we are going to celebrate both.....

Old 04-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #3492
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Well I had a dream that I must say, was fantastic. It was really sweet at the end, because Iw as cheered up. What really mae this dream special for me, though, was when I was a supposed "ghost". Even the cliche spooky music played in the background, with whispers, and a kind of fog, and I would disappear. I know this sounds confusing, but often dreams are. But Jonathan Boakes' was my best friend, and it was so cool being a ghost!!!
What a cool dream, and so amazing that you remembered it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
I have recently managed to secure a job at a Shisha bar. The work is fun, and interesting.
Congratulations Jaz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Matt and I have been married 10 years today
Hurray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
My son is currently looking for a summer job and/or weekend job. He recenlty got his driver's license and he hopes it will increase his chances of getting a job.
Congratulations, son of Jelena! Are you now making the streets of Nyköping unsafe in your mother's yellow car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
We are having olivia's baptism this weekend as well so all the family is coming in and we are going to celebrate both.....
Have fun Bullsie! I just came back from a nice dinner. Maruca is here for the Easter days and we cooked dinner at a friensd's house. It was very very 'gezellig'.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #3493
kamikaze hummingbirds

I had a dream the other day, and - even though it wasn't disturbing or unsettling in the slightest - I felt way too shaken to get back to sleep.
Quite a strange feeling, indeed...
Old 04-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #3494
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
I had a dream the other day, and - even though it wasn't disturbing or unsettling in the slightest - I felt way too shaken to get back to sleep.
Quite a strange feeling, indeed...
Yes...I've had those kind of dreams.... and like you I have trouble going back to sleep. I wonder why we have dreams like that?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #3495
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Congratulations, son of Jelena! Are you now making the streets of Nyköping unsafe in your mother's yellow car?
Indeed, although I do hope he drives safely.

Quote:
Maruca is here for the Easter days and we cooked dinner at a friensd's house. It was very very 'gezellig'.
That sounds nice!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #3496
tsa
Playing character

Maruca called her boyfriend yesterday and he asked her if we had eaten Annabel yet. But of course we haven't eaten her yet because she has to hide the eggs on Easter Sunday! And Maruca and I are still debating on how to prepare her, MWUHAHA!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #3497
Second Degree Black Belt

Hello all .. here is is the link for my pics.....

there are two albums (my brother and Olivia Baptism) visit both.

http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/piglet30223/

Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #3498
Lazy Bee

Thanks for the link bulldog. I'll check it out when I've let out some steem:

What is it with people and their marriages/relationships?

Now it turns out that not only two of our best friends/couples, but three are splitting up!!
You know when I'm being asked if I have lots of friends I know a little or a closer circle of friends I know very well I always answer that I have a few close friends. Well, now it turns out that they are all getting a divorce/moving apart.
This will really complicate my entire social life. I don't feel like taking sides. I like them all and I'm really sad to see three families split up.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:43 AM   #3499
tsa
Playing character

(((Jelena)))
Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #3500
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I'm glad I like living alone. It'll make it less likely for me to want to put up with a lacklustre marriage.

Granted, I've only been living alone for about a week, so we shall see.