View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 05:09 AM   #3488
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Dear Aggie,

I have just finished dyeing eggs for this year's easter breakfast/brunch, and have to say, the methods available have become much more interesting, and easier since I was a kid. I got some which lets you apply silver foil to the still sticky dyed egg, and one for getting a marbled appearance. My favourite though has to be the rice method, which allows you to get an appearance similar to the sponge method used on walls to get that speckled pattern. Not only does it look interesting with little effort, but it also does not involve burning your fingers on the still hot eggs, since you put the eggs in a plastic cup with rice in it and shake the whole thing, instead of rolling them around in your gloved hands to get the paint on.

The marbled thing was a bit of a disappointment, too. The paints quickly merged into one whole shade if you rolled the egg too long. Still, I got some good results after some trying and adding some extra contrasting colour anyway. So now we have nearly 45 dyed eggs (minus some that broke in the process).

Later I'm probably going to bake Easter cookies (which are basically the same as Christmas cookies, namely shortcrust cookies, but made with other cookie cutters. Our recipe refers to them as "Waschkorbgebäck", meaning "Laundry basket cookies", since they can easily be made in such quanitities to fill a whole laundry basket. Also, they're perfect for making with the help of kids. And we kids always loved eating them, so we didn't complain when we got them both for Christmas and Easter.), also for that breakfast.

Also, I have recently managed to secure a job at a Shisha bar. The work is fun, and interesting. It is also more relaxed than other jobs in bars, since once the people have their Shisha or drinks, they are happy and I only occasionally have to check if everything is alright, and maybe bring another drink, or new coal for the Shisha. Also, the boss makes extremely delicious Tarte Flambee, with various toppings. From the classic Elsacian style, to the curious topping of cheese, tomatos and mint leaves (which tastes delicious), I am surprised I haven't gained any weight since then. Then again, only the cheese, creme fraîche and ham are fatty.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!